Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2017

I like the idea of the backward seats because that's something curious, but in the long term I'll think I'll stick with forward.

And I got my non-inverted loop, woohoo! Actually the layout has no inversions in the end. Well, that's ok. But I agree with you Chris, the top of the lift looks... interesting. Let's wait and see what it's like in real life.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlamewad
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2017

Mack keeps expanding its options for rides and I absolutely love it. I think they are now the most innovative designers around.
    ^I don't think you know what innovative means
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2017 edited

Is Submarine Quest at Sea World San Diego innovative?

-

Here is an exquisite picture of Flight of Passage, thanks to Sound Mixer John Kestler :

•  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2017

No it sucks
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

I am so glad that Hurler is being RMCed! It was very rough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q6jJxUhYcw

This video make it seem very rough and like there is no airtime over any of the hills.
    ^Hurler can only get better lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

Am I the only one that noticed that the DC Rivals promo is NL2??
    ^ that was the first thing I noticed when I saw the promo, and I'm so glad that more and more coasters are being announced using NL2. The God-Beams alone make it look better than other rendering programs
    • CommentAuthorDelay

I like the usage of NL2 in official promos. Perhaps it even draws more attention to the program?
    Last I rode Hurler, maybe 4 years ago, I was actually really surprised by it. I rode it in 1998 a few times and it was very rough, but fun. I expected the same in ~2013, but it was really the opposite...smooth/comfortable, and very boring. I don't remember there being any air as the hills were so drawn out, and it's not fast or snappy enough to be exciting for the rest of the layout. Yawn.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2017 edited

Posted By: Old Miss EeryAm I the only one that noticed that the DC Rivals promo is NL2??

C'mon, we're on a NL2 board. Anyone who hasn't recognized NL2 should be banned for a week!
    To be honest I wasn't really satisfied with Mystic Timbers and Icon promo videos, but I agree it looks really good here.

Everybody from EOS Rides to NASA is using NoLimits!

Mine Blower trains are already in storage and that zero car blew my mine.. Sorry I blew it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskyasaurus
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2017

oh man i forgot about that NASA escape coaster
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2017

Posted By: Luisvaldez989Announcement + layout of the Warner Bros. Movie World hyper! Its name is DC Rivals HyperCoaster. You'll be able to ride the thing backwards in the last 2 rows last row!

I only just found out about this now, as a friend mentioned it in an email. I don't frequent this thread.. at all really. But i thought i'd check here for any news on DC Rivals before posting about it somewhere else, hahaha.
    It's about time Australia got a decent coaster that's on par with others around the world. And by decent, i mean big. I have a feeling a trip to WB Movie World may be in my future, lol.

Posted By: Coasterfan312"Featuring one of the world's first non-inverted loops"
    What kinda claim is that? It's no where near the world's first -.-

I was thinking the same thing. Cause i know there's other rides with a non-inverting loop. Someone forgot to do their homework..
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters

Posted By: Coasterfan312"Featuring one of the world's first non-inverted loops"
    What kinda claim is that? It's no where near the world's first -.-

They could actually say the first non-inverted loop on the Southern hemisphere, but yeah, they failed
    • CommentAuthormrfeeny

Well we all know that Austrailia, being in the southern hemoshpere, is upside-down. So that would make it the first upside-down-non-inverting-loop.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83

So an inverted non-inverting loop?
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2017 edited

It would be something like the world's 50-something-th non-inverted inverted coaster

or something
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2017 edited

It's the 13th non-inverted loop if we count Shock at Rainbow and Flying Aces (and if I'm not mistaking).

-

It triggers me that the roll is not centered with the arch, but well.

Click the cool image to see a cool interview of the cool Korey Kiepert.
    ^That is indeed very triggering. They also said that there will be 2 tunnels on the ride in a different video, which could be interesting depending on which part it will be.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKG9

^^ Yeah that annoys anyone with minor OCD
    ^^^I believe the point at which the track is fully inverted is at the apex of the element, but the arch isn't centered around the apex (since its purpose is to keep the structure clear of the station) so it all appears a bit odd. But it is indeed triggering.

And the click-the-image-hyperlinkamajiggy isn't working for me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Yeah I get why it's like that, but still. Link corrected, thanks for telling me. Korey answer your question in the interview Beta, tunnels are scheduled and they installed the frame for them, but he don't know when the park will put them up (probably not for the opening).
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

I am along with everyone in that I am intensely angry that the arch isn't centered.

Ride is coming along well tho
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

•  
      CommentAuthorskyasaurus

god that's a beautiful coaster
    •  
      CommentAuthortpainrad
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2017 edited

Is Mine Blower only going to have 6 rows per train? That'd be awesome if so. Kinda reminds me of the Crystal Beach Cyclones trains.
    ^Yep, its a pretty small and compact Woodie so I think thats the most obvious reason why the trains are small
    • CommentAuthorcaptfido87
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2017

^wow that turned out really nice.
    •  
      CommentAuthortpainrad
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2017

The ride feels...weird to me. Yeah the back seat POV looks sweet with some good airtime moments and the spike, but, it just isn't...exciting. I don't know of another way to put it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasilisk
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2017

Some shots of the first scene of symbolica, including the animatronic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW_WRpqYOCI&feature=youtu.be
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2017 edited

^ This dark-ride will have 10 animatronics, and from the look of that one, they'll be very nice.

-

Gale Force POV and offride.

-

Lech Coaster was made in NL2, this is the only logical explanation to this awesome madness!
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2017 edited

Mine Blower has a really interesting transfer track. It also uses trackless storage!

Also in other news, here's a Wave Breaker POV
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

Wave Breaker looks really boring. Sure it's fast and some of the turns seemingly have nice forces, but the fact that it almost entirely consists of S turns just seems really repetitive after... I don't know, the 7th time?

EDIT: a word
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

^^ That's the same transfert track as Timber and Twister before it. The middle part rotates on a longitudinal axis (like a Vekoma trackswitch) if I remember corretly. Also, I do believe previous storages were already "trackless", the train be resting on its upstop wheels.
    Anyway, Mine Blower is still amazing tho!

I think Wave Breaker will be fun to ride. The layout is quite uninspired for sure, but I don't think it's as boring once you're on-board for real. The preshow on the other hand... I don't know what they even tried to do, especially with the over-dramatic countdown...

By the way, that girl seating next to us creeps me out from 0:08 onward.

-

EDIT : Another Wave Breaker POV with a better look at (one of the three) preshow sequence as the door do closes this time.
    The Gravity Group has been designing their trains to rest on the upstop wheels on the storage track since Holiday World's maintenance team asked them do to it when they were designing The Voyage. It' easier to get under and work on the trains.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2017

POV of Kraken Unleashed VR

Holy. Shit. Never thought I could be totally amazed by a VR coaster, but they totally aced it with this one. That, and it's apparently really good in person as well (judging from what others have said, media outlets etc).
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

That actually looks really good but I hope the dispatches aren't too long.
    • CommentAuthorteejaysyke

Wow that does look amazing
    • CommentAuthorStevenX

Kraken looks pretty good and much better than the likes of Galactica we've seen so far. I read a review of the media day which was saying load and unload times were super long (5 minutes) at the moment, but hopefully that gets better.

I wasn't initially a huge fan of the new research base theming in the queue line as it's a bit too common at SeaWorld, but it does kind of make sense with the VR content.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26

The VR visuals look fantastic - way better than the 6 flags variants that look like something that could run on a PS2. That said, the sync still gets wayyyy off by the end, and that just kills it for me. They really need to figure out a way to make that not happen... ever...

•  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2017 edited

That's a problem on this video, obviously not on the ride itself. (they sync a random POV with the stock VR footage, so obviously they have no data of speed, etc.)

Here's the reply by TPR with their usual tact:

Posted By: Theme Park ReviewDear people watching this video - Yes we *KNOW* the coaster POV and the VR POV gets a little out of sync at the end. That is because the video footage we were provided by SeaWorld did not exactly sync up correctly and we did the best we could with what we were given. Please do not post comments complaining about this.

The ride itself is perfectly synced. I'm a little shocked that people would actually be asking that, like as though SeaWorld spent all that money on the VR footage and went "Whoops! It doesn't sync up! Oh, no! Silly us! Oh, well!" (Seriously people actually thought this and made comments about it.)

So please, our dear YouTube subscribers, please try to be smarter than the next guy and use your noggin to figure this one out. Thank you! :)

By the way I wonder how the synchronisation takes place. I know for Coastiality (Mack) they uses sensors on the coaster wheels, but I don't know for Galactica, Six Flags and others...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2017 edited

Oh, good. I too wonder how the sync takes place then - haven't really seen it discussed, and haven't heard that the sync is always perfect on these types of things, so I've been assuming it was something not quite that advanced or dynamic.

Side note: lolrobb. Keepin it classy as always.

• CommentAuthorStevenX

I think the sync might just be on the brake runs?

It's only really after the end brake run where the train turns right towards the station that it goes out of sync - it seems the ride the VR was taken was stopped longer on that brake run than the ride-through on the POV.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

Could it be possible that it uses sensors throughout the ride that determine speed/flow and changes the animation speed accordingly?
    •  
      CommentAuthorintim305

the animation is synced via sensors on one of the wheels in the middle of the train (which is the main reason why wooden vr coasters haven't happened), the pov video was probably a pre-recorded animation mixed with the live recorded video so syncing it would be difficult since it seems to have been running slower on the media day than when they recorded the animation.
    ^^^ It goes out of sync after the MCBR
    • CommentAuthorStevenX

^
    I just re-watched, and you're right - I was paying too much attention to the VR for my first watch I think!