Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2017

Posted By: MrcrollyNever thought I could be totally amazed by a VR coaster,

Weren't you impressed with Space Fantasy "Kyary Pamyu Pamyu XR Ride " makeover?

That's actually the first time I see footages from this temporary version, and uuuuh, it's... as japanese as it can be, I guess?
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2017

Some pics of the custom Zamperla Thunderbolt going to Discoveryland in China

• CommentAuthorTheBeatles

I wish they spent their theming budget on a better manufacturer
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

^That aside, from what I can see the ride looks really fun.
    Posted By: intim305the animation is synced via sensors on one of the wheels in the middle of the train (which is the main reason why wooden vr coasters haven't happened)

Or maybe because it'd be completely nauseating.

I hope Zamperla can manage to fix their rattling trains. Trackwork never looked that bad in particular.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Sky Dragster POV.

Once again, great idea, poor execution (layout, capacity).
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani

It looks ok for a prototype and as far as I know it's in soft opening, I wouldn't surprised if the capacity will be increased in the future.
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles

Posted By: AJClarke0912
    I hope Zamperla can manage to fix their rattling trains. Trackwork never looked that bad in particular

I experienced the opposite. On Thunderbolt, I thought the trains were fine, but it felt like you could feel every single connection point between track pieces, especially on rolls.
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

^ This is how Thunderbolt feels, honestly it really isn't as bad as we typically make it out to be
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganFan

That's how New Texas Giant felt the year it opened. You could feel the breaks in every track piece! RMC has learned a lot since then.
    • CommentAuthorA113
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2017 edited

I really can't say I agree with or have shared the same experiences as any of the above comments. I rode Thunderbolt toward the end of 2015 and thoroughly enjoyed it, I didn't feel any noticeable amount of rattle. I can however agree RMC has come a long way in their fabrication methodolgies, but despite that, I rode NTG the year it opened as well and it was butter smooth all 5 times I went on it.

Nothing will ever top Riddler's or Scream's rattle in my experience
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

Riddler barely had a rattle when I rode it in 2015.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

For me nothing will top the rattle on Goliath at SFNE... Oh my god.
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2017

Riddler absolutely does not rattle...
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

• CommentAuthorrct800

The worst rattle that I've experienced was on Colossos at Heide Park. I also think that this is the reason why it's currently closed. On another note, Mine Blower Looks like a solid ride but that Support structure still Looks weird to me...
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

... aaand Colossos was rather smooth to me (except the spiral with noticable ka-tchunks). In hindsight, I think a ride smoothness has a lot to do with the wheels, if they're new or used.
    • CommentAuthorDelay

^^I rode it just a few days before it closed: It was smooth for me, too.
    • CommentAuthorlore_sully

Ikaros, the second intamin "sky jump" drop tower opened this year at Grona Lund, in Sweden.
    It looks really cool and possibly even more intense than Falcon's Fury, in my opinion.

POV

reverse POV

offride
    •  
      CommentAuthortpainrad
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2017 edited

^ Holy $h!t that looks terrifying. I can't wait to ride it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2017

I can't say much for Ikaros, but, unless you had a fear of heights, Falcons Fury is really not that intense. Sure, you're facing the ground, but the drop itself is extremely weak and lacks of any sort of intensity. I was extremely disappointing getting off of it.

I'm sure people will disagree, but I don't get scared of heights whatsoever, so facing the ground made no difference to me. I found Zumanjaro at SFGAdv to be way more nerve wracking which even confuses myself LOL. I chalk it up to how much more freedom you have with the restraints.

However, Those goddamn skycoasters are something I will rarely do nowadays, they simply scare me to the point where I can't enjoy myself.
    • CommentAuthorteejaysyke

I'm not scared of heights, but being high makes me ~uneasy~ but Falcon's Fury is definitely the best drop tower I'mve been on. Zumanjaro is great, but there's just something about tilting 90* face down before dropping
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc

^^ I can agree with your thoughts on Falcon's Fury. It just seems like such a weak drop. Also, like you said, for someone who isn't afraid of heights, it's not really a big deal. I will say, as far as the best drop tower, I still say Acrophobia at SFOG is the best I've ridden. Although, I'm interested to see if that will change after I ride Zumanjaro this summer.
    • CommentAuthorA113

An S&S double shot terrified me way more than Lex Luthor.
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

S&S Double Shots are actually the best drop rides that aren't Tower of Terrors
    • CommentAuthorlore_sully

^^^^^ Yes, probably they're not that intense in absolute terms compared to other towers, but I think Ikaros can be the best one among the two at least because it seems you arrive much closer to the ground before the gondola is turned back to the vertical position.

Video comparison
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

One of the best drop rides was the S&S Sonic Boom. 367 feet and no mechanical brakes!!
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters

Mine Blower looks really cool and I like the fast pacing!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasilisk
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2017 edited

SPOILER

First scene of symbolica
    Thanks for the spoiler... Was trying to see as little as possible until I get to ride it in a week at the employees sneak preview :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2017

I put that in a SPOILER link, even if it's too late for you now...

Be sure to come back and give your impressions after your rides(s)!
    Looked away as soon as I could so didn't really see anything. I'll let you know how it was!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26

That's how New Texas Giant felt the year it opened. You could feel the breaks in every track piece! RMC has learned a lot since then.

OH MY GOD thank you. I thought I was taking crazy pills observing that and all I'd hear about was people talking about how smooth it was. Fantastic ride, but yeah - a distinct and distracting bump on every single track connection point. Hope that's been worked out on future installs.

•  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc

On the topic of New Texas Giant, I was looking at some photos to figure out why the joints might be so noticeable. It looks like the first generation of Ibox track didn't use the thin topper strip like the new track does. It also looks like each piece has a flat end that joins to the next. My hypothesis is that the flat joint makes a slight bump. Looking at newer track, RMC has used a thin strip as the running rail with angled joints to eliminate the bumps between sections.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26

YES! That's gotta be it. Good spot. In part of my checking, I went back and looked up a POV of NTG. Watch that with the sound up. You can literally hear it cross every track joint with a thump (easily noticeable by where the bolts stick up on the top of the rails). By the time they did Iron Rattler, they had the extra strip with the diagonal joints.

Oh wow, I never thought of that and Texas Giant is at my home park! That's definitely it. I also get down to San Antonio and ride IRAT frequently and can confirm it is definitely smoother.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2017 edited

• CommentAuthorBullero
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2017

^Damn, that looks good
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2017 edited

And now, damn that looks less good than Lech Coaster but still somehow appealing to me:

The renovation of Lagoons 50 year old Terroride darkride is amazing. Lagoon gutted it this last winter and over hauled it from the ground up except for the classic cars and track system. Some of the old props were restored and many new ones were added. The first room was completely dark and seemed unfinished hopefully later this summer it will be completed. The rest of the scenes were great. If your in the area I recommend riding it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2017 edited

^ It sincerly looks great from videos I've seen! I love the mix between the classic Bill Tracy dark-ride, but with some modern touches and coherence in the sets.

-

After Maurer, Premier and Intamin, Mack now also has its non-inverted loop:

Ohhhhhhh yeah that's nice.
    • CommentAuthorInkyz
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2017

It still confuses me that Australia is currently in their winter so technically when it opens later this year it'll be their summer, right before our parks close for the winter offseason.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83

Yay! More pics of our new coaster. :)

^ Yeah, currently start of Winter at the mo. But If it's opening to the public in October (and not just finished and ready for testing), then that'll be the middle of Spring here. Just before Summer, and just in time for xmas school holiday season.

Don't be confused, Inkyz, lol. It's perfectly normal..
    Pretty certain our theme parks operate all year round, cause we don't get widespread snowfall like you guys do. So there's no reason for them to close. But i could be wrong about that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

That decent looking yellow coaster at the new indoor Wanda park in China is reported to have...

... a drop track section!
    • CommentAuthorInkyz

I don't trust it anymore
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2017 edited

^ The review is rather good, tho.

Remember when you made that steel coaster going through a wooden coaster? Well Happy Valley Chengdu made that for real this time (I know there's Blue Fire and Wodan, but still):

•  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

For a quick second I thought that was a picture of Wodan
    There aren't really spoilers in my ''review'' but I'll still say it:

SYMBOLICA SPOILERS!!

So, I just rode Symbolica, the multi-million darkride at the Efteling, and I gotta say I'm pretty impressed! The show when you get into the building is amazing, really sets the mood for the rest of the ride, and it really is a great start to this immersive adventure.
    after the first pre-show, you walk down some stairs, choose one of three paths and then get in your vehicle. The station is pretty ''simple'' but beautiful nonetheless. On the first row there are two touch screen panels, with those you can make some objects move in the ride and in the last scene you can even control the way your car spins!

The ride itself is pretty amazing, the story is great but it reminds me a LOT of Mystic Manor, and that is not a bad thing at all, it's just not as original as I hoped. The whole Palace comes to life with a bit of magic provided by the parks mascot Pardoes.
    There are a few pretty big rooms, but they are filled with little details, and too much to see in one ride. You can choose between three rides, but you probably need to ride those a few times to take in all there is to see!

Can't wait to ride this ride again and again!