Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

So, I guess Video-Game themed rides are a thing now?

Anyways, welcome to my construction thread V2. Here you'll find me switching to multiple projects at a concerning rate, and might see me complete something. Anyways, as of when this was created I am currently making a Sonic themed ride, cuz why not? It's a B&M Hyper Coaster inspired by Behemoth and Goliath at SFOG btw. So, on to screenshots!

I think I really nailed the shaping for this hyper. Anyways, cya next update!

~Toilet
    ^ That drop looks much better now. Also i like the layout.
    make it so it duels an intamin hyper, then call it "sonic generations"
    ^Dang that actually sounds like a REALLY good idea...
    • CommentAuthorsprog
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2015

Looks like a good layout so far - How much detail will you add to the theming?

Hope you manage to finish it, I started a Sonic Themed ride a few years ago and it's slowly gathering dust :(
    ^^^ Or make the trackwork absolute shit and call it Sonic '06.
    ^Best thing I've seen all day. LOL
    • CommentAuthorMilBee
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2015

Your lift looks over-supported. I would only use 4 supports to the top of the lift instead of 5.
    ^The supports are only temporary, as they are prefabs.
    Sorry for double post, but I liked coasterguy's idea so much I'm going to do it.

Welcome to Sonic Generations. :D
    ^That could be insane :D
    Slowly but steadily...

Yes, there are 2 launches. Yes, it perfectly duels.

Cya next update!

~Toilet
    Started on the colors for the trains.. the B&M side isn't final.. Any suggestions?

Cya next update!

~Toilet
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2015

Make the B&M themed to Sonic and the Intamin themed to Sanic and have the sound "Gotta go fast" happen during the launch.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBolt789

I'd go for a more silvery shade instead of the tan.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Make the "gotta go fast" launch the train from 0 to 600 quadrillion MPH in a trillionth of a second.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBolt789

0 to 600 quadrillion fasts*
    ^^^^ ^^No.

Anyways, updated car colors:

•  
      CommentAuthorBolt789

I much prefer that, could still use more colour varation however.

I would make the track and the zero car colour have a much different shade of blue than the track, and would change the colour of the seats to contrast the bogeys and the floor texture more.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

if you launched the train at 600 quadrillion MPH I "think" people would die and the train would vaporize instantly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

If you could find a way to remove the default cartexture, I think that would make the trains look better
    Better? I didn't change the seat colors because I just think they look good like that.

• CommentAuthorcaptfido87

I don't wanna sound like that guy but sonic is supposed to be really fast. A giga coaster would be better suited for this project, From B&M or Intamin. A hyper coaster is not going to keep constant speed for the whole ride. I think since it's still early, that you change the coasters.
    ^I guess you're right.. I might release the hyper as a separate thing when I'm done with it since I am to the MCBR as of now.

EDIT: NVM, I'm not gonna delete the hyper, the intamin will be changing though.
    • CommentAuthorsprog

^^ Personally, I would have kept the trains blue, just altered the colour variation - Maybe add a metallic sheen or gradient through use of a car texture?
    The yellow is just suggestive of Tails to me, that's all.

Welcome to Sonic Generations. ;D

Cya next update!

~Toilet
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2015

^ I like the sign, with rings and springs and things..
    If you keep the B&M train blue, then those little fairing panels on the wheel bogies, in the car texture file you could colour those red with a white stripe on them, like Sonic's boots. Just an idea i had while looking at your images. Maybe make the wheel bogies the same blue as the car, see how that looks.
    Looking forward to seeing how this progresses.

Posted By: toiletalker26So, I guess Video-Game themed rides are a thing now?

Well, they're not too difficult to do, as there's plenty of reference material out there for theming/scenery. Just depends on what game you choose.
    • CommentAuthorsprog

^^ Awesome! Looks really good.

I used those same springs on the ride I never finished ;) If you're after textures that are akin to sonic but fit into a real-world idea, these two are good.
    ^That will be really handy when texturing! Thank you. :D

^^Thanks. I have never done a cartexture before, so I don't really know how to do that... It does sound like a great idea though!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have finished the layout for Classic Sonic! Here's a little preview of it:

I have a couple of ideas for something to happen at the straight-away.

I have also been playing around with the soundtracks to use in this map.. As of now I'm using this song (Me and nickplummer4 were trying to find some intimidating music from the Sonic Games, so this song was the PERFECT fit): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fDcvxzgCBE

Cya next update!

~Toilet
    • CommentAuthorWomp83

^ I can help you out with a car texture if you want. They're not too complicated once you know how to do them. Just let me know how you want it to look, and i'll whip something up for you. And i can remove the NL logo from the front as well if you want it blank, or if you want something else on there.
    Little progress update, I have changed the colors on modern sonic a bit to make it look a little more distinguishable:

Cya next update!

~Toilet
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

You should make the giga coaster 1,600 foot tall so it will go "gotta go fast" better.
    ^Again, no. That isn't even a giga if it's over 300-399 feet, and it's already fast. :/
    Heads up - in sonic generations classic sonic is light blue and modern sonic is dark blue
    • CommentAuthorsprog

Looks like your B&M runs along a 2D plane (pretty much), whilst the Intamin weaves through more of a 3D space? If so, I love it, great little adaption of each style of gameplay.

I agree with CoasterGuy as well, I'd switch the colour palettes to match the characters closer.

Better?
    Sorry to double post, but I just had to:

Inspired by the green hill zone in Sonic Generations. The rings will have beams connecting them to the ground so they won't look like they're defying gravity. :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Make horizontal beam going through the foliage, it won't be as illusion breaker as a straight support.
    • CommentAuthorsprog

Looking fantastic so far, the change of track colours looks a lot better. I wonder if there's any way to get hold of trees that look similar to those used in Generations....
    ^I wonder...

Since the current music for the plaza doesn't really "fit" anymore, I'm using this now (but A LOT shorter): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Obo81P4V_4

Cya next update!

~Toilet
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

That looks really incredibly cool, nice job on this one.
    Hey guys, little bit of a quick update (on phone so I can't access NL2 until around 3pm cuz school), I have the Modern Sonic layout almost complete, and if you couldn't tell the lift supports are done. I have also added some dash pad scenery pieces on 2 of the low to the ground banks. I'll edit this post with pics once I am home from school, so be on the look out for pics! :)

PICS HERE:

Lift supports done!

Dashpad 1

Dashpad 2

Thanks to Womp83 for the sweet car textures! They look nice. They are on both the B&M and Intamin trains.
    ^Bumped for update above
    Looking pretty awesome. I like how you said it was inspired by Sonic Generations' Green Hill Zone when Sonic Generations' Green Hill Zone is just a revamped version of the original Green Hill Zone :P (christ that's a mouthful)
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2015

^ Say it 6 times quickly, lol.

Glad you like the car textures, Toilet. I like that second dash pad shot with the checkered grass forming a path under the track.
    Looks great.
    •  
      CommentAuthorzampano

Looking really cool, but tell me one thing: Why does the coaster not go THROUGH the rings?
    ^I have it like this because I want to make the riders try and grab the rings. xD
    • CommentAuthorsprog

Dashpads and the grass texture both look brilliant!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

This is seriously looking better and better each update!
    Hey guys! Sorry, for the small lack of updates. Here is your new update:

It isn't a sonic coaster with AT LEAST one inversion, right? So that's what I did, added an inversion.

Also, (THANK YOU SO MUCH SPROG) people now can distinguish what coaster is themed to what! Looks a lot better now. :D

I haven't gotten a video on it, but the dashpads now move, also thanks to Sprog for this. :)

Cya next update!

~Toilet