Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthormuchwoo
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2015 edited

Hello guys my names is Nicola and I'm from Italy.
    I'm a fan of theme parks, roller-coasters video games and movies.
    I love NL2, It is really great software.
    Now I'm working on a park with other guys, we are in early WIP and we don't know when It will be done!
    Sorry for my bad english :)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=515061575
    terra has competition

(here is a html version of that image for you)

welcome to the forums!
    Welcome!
    That park looks seriously good. Terra has a enemy here :D
    • CommentAuthorBrawly
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2015

Welcome! Park looks great so far, would love to see more!
    Nah, nothing can beat Terra, although that is really awesome. Some parts do a look a tad too fantasy-like for my liking though (mainly the sci-fi bit and black background)
    Hey welcome to the site! That park looks very good, nice use of lighting and different themed areas. I look forward to seeing more.
    • CommentAuthormuchwoo
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2015 edited

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like It!
    We start working on this park 2 months ago, I'm planning the park and make models and textures, other 4 guys are working on their own coaster and another my friend help me to improve (and make) models and textures.
    Now we are in the pre-pre alpha stage so I have not so much to show :(... It's all in work in progress.
    For now the prototype has 2 themed areas (and I start a new one this week),3 coaster, 1 log flume, 1 monorail and some flat rides.
    I start after see the amazing Terra park... I was shocked about the great quality and how that park is immersive, so I bought NL2 and start to learn It.
    Thanks to a famous theme park italian forum I find other guys that want make a park, so we start to think about It and put some ideas on the desk.
    Also need to give a big thanks to the NL2 community for your amazing tutorials and stuff, this park wasn't possible without you.
    When we reach the alpha stage I will make a new discussion in this forum so you can give me feedback, ideas or only follow the development phases.
    About Coasterfan312 feedback I agree! We hope to reach at least 50% quality of Terra :).
    Anyway this park will be different from terra, we want put a little moore cartoon/fantasy style (but not irrealistic) in some areas. I play to much Blizzard games, sorry :)
    The next area we are thinking in this day is a magic forest with building that are similar to sweets, something like Efteling but less"darker".

poster 2015 09 11 19 56 15
    host image

Thanks again for your feedback!
    ^WOW! That looks amazing.
    • CommentAuthormuchwoo
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2015

Hello TOGO Fan.
    Reduce lag is a rule for this park! I hate play parks that have 1 coaster and I have only 5/10fps.
    The goal is have around 30-40Fps with a Nvidea Geforce 750M 2gb ram, this is the GPU I'm using for make this park and I think It is a good compromise.
    Anyway when we are in a good stage I release this park for all guys that want test and give some feedback.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2015

Is there a name for this park? Or at least a name for the team working on it?

-Ride_Op
    • CommentAuthormuchwoo
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2015 edited

Sorry for delay Ride_op but for now we don't have a name for this park, we calling It "Theparks.it" (this is the forum where we start this project) until we find a good name.
    We are also talking about the name of the team, I suggest Rocket Rabbit Team (RRT) but I must persuade all other members or find something better...

Here's some dev pics:

Fast food Blue Rocket WIP:
    poster 2015 09 24 02 15 44

poster 2015 09 23 23 28 48

BLIEROCKET

Fast food located in Space area, called Futura.

Space Escape early WIP (2 months ago):
    poster 2015 09 11 19 52 04

Indoor Gerstlauer coaster placed in Futura area made from a member of the RRT team, I'm working on theming (textures are placeholders).

Puerto Pollo village WIP:
    daaa

A Tudor village with Spanish influence and a Log Flume called Splash Trip.
    This is amazing! I would surely download this once it's done!
    • CommentAuthormuchwoo

Thanks BetaCoasters!

New WIP pic for Blue Rocket fast food:

poster 2015 09 24 23 07 53

In motion:
    https://youtu.be/4gdiEsoC7PA

What do you think?
    That is cool!
    There should be a rival across the street, Red Rocket, and they serve Chili Fries and Chili Burgers XD Now that I think of it, that isn't a bad idea..
    ^I think you should probably stay away from the name Red Rocket...
    ^ I just remembered the meaning, then made me think of deadpool...
    I guess it should be called Blast off Burgers
    • CommentAuthormuchwoo

lol, blue rocket is clear inspired by the red rocket building of Fallout serie (I love It), anyway It is converted in a fast bood building.

BetaCoasters your idea is very good, we are plan to put 2 faction in Futura space area, the blue team (the good guys) and the bad team (red guys).
    Space escape, the indoor coaster of Futura area will use a lot this skirmish idea (blue Vs red), and I'd like to put some "red shop" in the Futura area.

poster 2015 09 24 23 47 08

I suggest the menu number 3 the Atomic menù.
    Me: I'll choose the #3
    Cashier: Small Medium or Large?
    Me: SUPERSIZE IT WOOOO-
    Diabetes.
    You should make #2 buffalo wings instead of regular chicken wings :3
    Okay xD Here in germany you can order something like that... You can say i want 10 patties on my burger they do that for you.
    Someone dared me to eat a burger with 12 1/2 lb patties. I had to cut it up top to bottom into 3 separate long burger pieces. It felt like eating a 2 foot long subway sandwich.
    • CommentAuthormuchwoo
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2015

I'm not sure I'm able to eat the atomic menù, It is for strong peoples...

I prefer eat something at Grog Y Tapas fast food (early WIP), where you can eat some different dish.
    poster 2015 09 25 00 58 22

A cartoon fast food placed in Puerto Pollo Village, the HUB of this park.

Anyway I'd like to put at least 1 crazy menù for every fast food /restaurant in this park, I think put some humour in the park si not a bad idea.
    Menu:
    1. Trio Tacos 2. Barbaric Burrito 3. Questionable Quesodilla 4. Ultimito 2 Lb Burito with Taco Squad and Root Beer.
    Drinks: Coca-Cola, Root Beer, Beer, Orange Juice, and Fanta.
    Sides: Nachos, Churro, Takis, Hot Cheetos, or Bread.
    Snacks: Totally Kickin' Chicken (3 Buffalo Wings, 3 BBQ Wings), Ultimate Nachos (Nachos with added Salsa, and Tapatio), or a Churro.

Secret 5'th menu option: El Loco: A 4 LB Fat Burrito with Ghost Peppers, Beef, Pork, Steak, Rice, Beans, Cheese, and Flamin' Hot Fritos.

:3
    • CommentAuthormuchwoo

Great ideas for Grog Y Tapas fast food BetaCoasters, I will try to put some of this dish in the menù :)!

poster 2015 09 25 02 05 54

Hype.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

I fucking love this, every bit of it. It's so absurd and incredibly unrealistic, but I love it. Reminds me of Thrillville with better graphics.
    ^ Agreed.
    Coasterfan312 was wrong about "Nothing can beat Terra", because THIS just beat Terra!
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2015 edited

Can this park beat the famous Jamp Up Land?

Do this for a food place menu!!

http://www.engrish.com/2010/08/they-all-look-so-good/
    •  
      CommentAuthorBetaCoasters
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2015 edited

Yes. ALL OF THE JET COASTERS THERE ARE NO MATCH!
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Is that slc in that pic a knockoff? I am betting it is.
    ^ Knockoff of what?
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

A Chinese knockoff of a real Vekoma slc coaster.
    • CommentAuthorHooch

Wow this is really well done. Can not wait to download and walk around in this park
    May i suggest you tweak the speed of the Blu Rocket turning on top of the building? Maybe slow it down to about half speed (or 3/4).. unless that is a ride in itself :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcth
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2015 edited

I see OP hasn't updated in a while here, but I found a nice pre-pre alpha video online: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c49xURCxhBg

EDIT:
    Found a pre-pre alpha on their forums: https://www.dropbox.com/s/z7a6tbyv5k5o46c/Theparks_ALPHA_TEST_PACK.nl2pkg?dl=0
    • CommentAuthormuchwoo
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2015 edited

rcth you find It! :)
    the dropbox It is a really early pre-pre aplha. I'm using It for testing with other team members. You should see a lot of "garbage" and a lot of white models but if you want you can always try and send me some feedback (importan is also how FPS do you have on your PC)!

This is the link of where we talk about this project (It is in Italian) you can see the development of this project:
    http://forum.theparks.it/games-contests-f23/no-limits-v2-0-costruiamo-il-nostro-parco-t8557.html

When we go in alpha I make a topic in this forum to show every progress about It, I really like have feedback from this forum to improve the project.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcth
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2015

Yes, I did some research because I saw it has been a while since the last update here and perhaps somewhere else has more updates. I found exactly that site and the park looks nice.

Yes, A LOT of white models and A LOT of texture errors (that could explain the white models), but it looks nice.

The log flume doesn't work at all (don't know if it's intended, as there seems to be a screen with the working ride above) and the space ride is actually weird, but the FPS is really good.

Can't wait to see more :)
    • CommentAuthormuchwoo
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2015 edited

thanks rcth and all other guys for good feedback!

Now I'm working a little bit on the Futura area and the Puerto Pollo Village...
    I also improve a little bit the Log flume, adding bestdani splash (I love It) and some new effect.

poster 2015 10 27 22 25 51

I start to learn how work "fake lights" and I try to put in Futura and Puerto pollo village.
    poster 2015 10 21 02 53 07

New transport system is WIP (model and textures are done):
    poster 2015 10 27 19 16 40

Another interesting new is we are working on a big flat ride placed in the Futura area, It is a top spin with some theming.
    poster 2015 10 30 01 36 28

poster 2015 10 30 01 25 08

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7I48Y3CHSI

Hope you like It!

EDIT 7-10-2015
    Working on animations and Svatlas is working on theming area:
    poster 2015 11 07 01 28 37
    caricare immagini

• CommentAuthormuchwoo
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2016

some news pics from Puerto Pollo area, Fnatasy and Futura area at theparks.it (pre-alpha 0.3):

poster 2016 03 13 05 07 32

poster 2016 03 13 05 08 55

poster 2016 03 13 05 06 25

poster 2016 03 13 05 10 11

poster 2016 03 13 05 25 43

poster 2016 03 13 05 26 44

poster 2016 03 13 05 28 07

Your work never fails to amaze me! And is that an RMC I can see in the 3'rd to last picture?
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2016

Can you release a new beta version of the whole park for use to try out?
    • CommentAuthormuchwoo
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2016 edited

Thanks Betacoasters!
    Yes It is a RCM made from a member of the team.

^
    I will release a build for testing, but I need more time before make It public because now there is a lot to polish and improve. I also want add more clipping models and occluders material for not ruin the experience (and the "first impact" whit the map).
    Thanks for the patience!

Copia di poster 2016 03 12 23 13 22

• CommentAuthormuchwoo
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2017 edited

After a lot of time and thanks to the amazing NL2 2.5 update I want to show some graphics and master plan improvment we made in this months (year?).

After months of try and error the main Fantasy area master plan is quiete done and we added better models for every main stuff of this area (as bins, lights).

Old vs new:

http://i.imgur.com/cAEkNFB.jpg HQ

http://i.imgur.com/kMnjxJt.jpg HQ

http://i.imgur.com/Mt9puyE.jpg HQ

Puerto pollo village is slowly increases the quality of models and we are near to close the masterplan of this area.

http://i.imgur.com/AvcYgCB.jpg HQ

In addittion to graphics and master plan improvment we also are working on some new features, like some interactive objects and other things but we are in early stage and I will show more in the future...

http://i.imgur.com/Ox0XAST.jpg HQ

//

http://i.imgur.com/dpV26Tg.jpg HQ

Let me know what you think about It!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2017

It looks amazing! You see a lot improvements on the comparision screenshots.
    For me it looks like the best executed complete park experience in the making for NL2 I know so far!
    • CommentAuthormuchwoo
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2017 edited

^Thanks bestdani, I'm happy you like It.

Today I want to share a small video (not edit) to show some WIP in Fantasialand (pre-alpha0.52) :

Fantasialand 0.52 WIP
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2017

It is absolutely fantastic, as far as I can judge the most professionaly done whole park project for NL2 that I know about! And just that few comments? What's up guys?
    It looks good, but I do have to say, the quality of the scenery far outpaces the quality of some of the coasters. For example, that 4D coaster with an airtime hill that almost looks like a tophat, or the purple spinner that looks like it doesn't have a straight lift hill, or your log flume that is built using right angles. It seems strange to put in so much effort into the aesthetics of the park, but not the rides. The rides seem "okay", but don't seem well built from a technical/realistic aspect, and shouldn't have a place in such a nicely themed park. These are just observations from what I've seen, but I may be wrong.

The scenery does look fantastic however. What are the floating arrows/spinning words for in the video?
    • CommentAuthormuchwoo
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2017

^^Thanks Bestdani, I'm happy you like It.

^Thanks Crazycoaster for the cool feedback!

Talking about coaster I will give your feedback to the guys that made them (I'm not expert on technical aspect of roller coaster). I'm sure there will be some change in the future.
    However we aren't trying to make a realistic park, maybe plausible, but we want to be free to make some fun experiment... NL2 is full of cool super realistic ride, we want make something different.

The floating arrow and words are "pointer icon", you see them when you go near a specific area where there is something to do (enter in a ride, buy food, WC, play arcade games and so on).
    They are in work in progress (maybe now they are too much visible :) ).

We are putting a lot of energy on the interactive aspect of this park, we are working on a lot of clickable events/objects, animations, sounds and a kind of "story".

In these days I'm working on a trailer, hope to have It ready for the end of this month, when finished I will start a topic to show and explain all features of this project!
    That sounds awesome, clever idea with the pointer icons, it makes sense now.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2017

I heard on Facebook that this project is gone? Pieter Hutapea said his PC died.
    • CommentAuthormuchwoo
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2017 edited

After the summer break I come back to the Futura area that was for a long time without progress.

We have also created the prototype of the event system that will serve to tell the story ... it needs some additions but we are well on the way.

Also the "Pandora" area that is made between the Puerto Pollo and Futura is finally open and under construction, as well as the kiddie-coaster station inside.

Finally I realized the first mascot of the park, that of the future area, It will definitely serve as a character to tell the story and 2nd events.

Futura Mascotte WIP
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2017

Can you please release a updated beta of this park for us guys to test?