Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Some of you might remember the FVD++ tutorial stream I did last year (which unfortunately didn't get recorded) showing anyone that watched how to build a coaster in FVD++

And I'm going to do another one! This time, instead of showing the entire building process, I'd like to focus more on answering specific questions about building. I don't have a date in mind yet, as I'd like to pull together as many questions as I can before going live. Feel free to post questions here and I'll make sure to answer them during the stream. I promise it will get recorded this time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2015 edited

Having tried to wrap my mind around the program, I only have a basic understanding of curved and straight sections. Geometric and force sections and when/how to properly use them is beyond me. If you can, I would like to see basics of everything explained like I'm five and go from there.
    Posted By: jpaufscHaving tried to wrap my mind around the program, I only have a basic understanding of curved and straight sections. Geometric and force sections and when/how to properly use them is beyond me. If you can, I would like to see basics of everything explained like I'm five and go from there.

This was covered in the first stream I did, but I think it would be a good place to start this one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2015 edited

I think a big subject you should cover is making more linear shaping elements in FVD. When I say this, I mean like infinity's and eurofighters, how all the elements on those rides are pretty circular and not as much force based as B&M or Intamin.

EDIT: Ontop of that, it would be AMAZING to learn the advantages of using certain line types, (cubic, quartic etc) and learning how to use the lateral line to help shape out certain elements even better.