Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorRCF
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2015 edited

I'm creating a new Intamin Rocket coaster called Earthquake, at least for now. A few questions about this:

1. What are some realistic elements for a coaster like this? I'm having a hard time choosing inversions and elements that fit.

2. Does Intamin do any abstract elements or is it mainly stricted elements?

3. What are the launch g's and other stuff?

4. When do you use 2 tube, 3 tube and 4 tue track?

And this doesn't have to do with Intamin but I'm putting it here:

5. What's the best 3D modelling program for this that's free? Blender is way too confusing.

Thanks!
    • CommentAuthorcaptfido87
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2015

One does not question Sandor or his rides.
    • CommentAuthorBrawly

1 - It depends on what sort of Accelerator you're going for. If you're going for an older look, as in something like Stormrunner, then look at rides from around that time to get references for what kind of elements are used and how they're shaped. For newer Accelerators (they're called "Blitz" now), look at rides like iSpeed, Nefeskesen, etc. You can look these up on rcdb.com.

2 - I'd say look at the range of elements that they've used on previous rides and pick from that batch of elements, if you're going for a realistic track. Of course you can do whatever you want, so feel free to experiment with different elements!

3 - Well this varies really, but existing Intamins have launch accelerations of up to 1.9G (Stealth)

4 - 2 tube track you usually see on lower force sections and lower speeds, 3 for forces somewhere in the middle and 4 for the higher forces and speeds. Good coasters to look at for examples might be Cheetah Hunt.

5 - Sketchup is a good program for starters, but I just started using Blender and it's much powerful. If you have the time I highly recommend just burning through Blender tutorials on YouTube and learn early, that way you're well versed in the future.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRCF
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2015 edited

Thanks! I'll try blender once again.

EDIT: And yes, I'm going for a blitz style.
    • CommentAuthorBrawly

Then yeah, I'd look at all the rides labeled as such on RCDB for inspiration or ideas.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraltlenny

Most importantly, don't feel obligated to do 3D modelling if you're unsure about your coaster's quality.