Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorRG100
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2015 edited

So I thought it it would be good to have a wish list of things that you'd like to see in NL2.

Wish List -
    B&M Chain disconnection sound
    B&M brake sounds (Distinctive engage and disengage sound)
    Track sensors
    Vertical Elevator Lift
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

We already have this...

http://forum.nolimits-exchange.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=2439&page=85#Item_3

EDIT: That thread, and the NL2 thread are both reasonable substitutes for this post. Ontop of that, I don't think the NL2 Devs want to be bombarded by several posts strictly asking for certain updates and additions to the game.
    • CommentAuthoriCoaster44
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2015

Fully supported custom trains (functional bogies and restrains)
    •  
      CommentAuthorlamewad

I am not sure that having this thread is really bombarding the Devs. This is a specific post for a wishlist for the game and I feel it has a place.
    •  
      CommentAuthorowen9h10

I'm not being mean but some users are very funny about what you do on here. One of my discussions very similar to this one literally got took down.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRG100

I understand what you mean, I just thought it would be somewhere where you could just say what would make you feel like the game is even more realistic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Let's make this topic as a true "wish list", AKA the devs can look at it for ideas/when they have free time (hahaha...haha...ha.), but don't have to personnally feel attacked by each post. =)

As for mine:

- Geometry sections creator. Like in N², and I presume FVD++.
    - Better sounds.
    - Custom trains fully supported.
    - Mods!
    there is a force vector design tool in nl2 you know...
    •  
      CommentAuthorKevan

My wishes.

- Attachment options to harnasses and lapbars, (same as bogies). And attachtment to spinning or swinging coaster
    - Displacement Maping
    - Ambient Occlusions (And more realistic Indirect Ilumination)
    - New Wood magic, With Inversions support (and steel beams options, to make RMC supports and that sort of stuff)
    -Multiplayer
    -different crosstie model for B&M tracks depending on what style it is
    -Anti-Rollback sounds improved
    -D6 and D8 Dive Machine
    -Bottom Accent choice for B&Ms (EX. Valravn's silver underside)
    -B&M SECOND GEN INVERT/DIVE!!! I'd die of happiness if this happens...
    - Full Modification/Custom Content Support

- Improved Sounds

- Tools allowing us to modify transfer tracks into drop tracks

- RMC Stuff
    Okay i like what KingRCT3 said...

- New Gerstlauer Track also the new Intamin track from Taron.

- Better Sounds

- tolietalker26 YEEEEEEEEEEESSS :D

- Oh and a better Wood auto supports generator. Look at GFI's Supports <3
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Posted By: COASTERGUY246there is a force vector design tool in nl2 you know...

Yep, but not geometry tool, to design constant radius turns (which you know the value of) and all those things. It's just so tedious right now to build a simple lift!

In the end, let the game be moddable and all (y)our dreams come true. I really wonder what refrain the devs to do so..?
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc

Posted By: KingRCT3- Better sounds.

Posted By: toiletalker26-Anti-Rollback sounds improved

Posted By: COASTERGUY246- Improved Sounds

Posted By: DerMuffinMaker- Better Sounds

Better sounds overall would bring NL2 to a whole new level. Good sound design is very important.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83

I'd be stoked if they could add these bad boys to the program..

pig train

Zamperla pig train, for those playing along at home.
    • CommentAuthorPePpO

The developers have their own list. The game is ready, everything that changes from now on is only a bonus.
    Yes sound is important, but you can change it if you want.
    I'd just want sounds and RMCs. Everything else they add / will add is still great though.
    to be honest if the devs added full custom content support they wouldn't need to update too often due to the amount of community made stuff that would be used
    •  
      CommentAuthoriSatnav

-A community that doesn't come across as stingy and ignorant to the last 8 or 9 years of effort the devs have put in. Come on, guys, the devs are aware of what should be added, let's not get on the bad side of the fantastic people that have put this software together.
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky

Id love to see little details such as motion sensors, box supports etc. New chain sounds would be cool also :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganFan

Better sounds
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Posted By: PePpOYes sound is important, but you can change it if you want.

You can't disable the in-game sounds.

Posted By: COASTERGUY246to be honest if the devs added full custom content support they wouldn't need to update too often due to the amount of community made stuff that would be used

So on one hand The List is too big, but on the other hand, they don't want any "help"?

Nobody is ignorant about the efforts of the devs. I think we're all grateful about that! But it's not either that or either that. It can be both! The custom content will never be as good as the in-game stuff... And what if it was? You have a program that evolves, get shared even more, have more popularity... I mean, imagine a NoLimits where you can only ride in-game rides because of the fear the community will make something better... It's kinda silly, isn't it?

I hope I don't sound offensive, but I geniunely don't understand.
    I'm not requesting as such, but this thread is here so why not. (btw I do understand that the devs have their own list of stuff and I respect the work they have all done for the sim)

but I think style separators for supports would be a cool thing to add, mainly to change colours of different sections of the same support beam. Just an idea :)
    My list of wants has always been pretty long, so heres some of it. Of course I don't expect these to ever happen, but we can dream right.
    -Update the old trains. They look really bad compared to the new ones.
    -Arrow hyper (Desperado style trains because they're more generic.)
    -Proper arrow friction wheels
    -Arrow spineless track.
    -Arrow box spine
    -arrow minetrain track and train
    -fix the janky suspended coaster physics
    -New style arrow trains
    -New gen arrow track
    -Improve friction, its gets really off sometimes
    -Wood magic update
    -old style transfers(Look at a pov of mean streak for a good example.)
    -Ability to make a transfer a different type of track segment.(Station, transport.)
    -Complete circut shuttle Mode. Basically a mode to allow rides like sky rocket two clones, and sky loops to run properly.
    ^ I feel like you could have said all that in a lot less points. Basically Arrow everything.
    Also a lot of that feels very, like, 'you haven't done a bunch of things well enough' towards the devs. Things like trains and Wood Magic (which isn't even called that anymore) needing updating doesn't feel necessary.
    Suspended physics I do agree with though - that's only small too. The circuit shuttle mode would also be a nice feature.
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky

I'm pretty sure they understand what we think tbh. Nothing negative is being said, if we thought bad of the game then why are we on this site lol. It's just a wish list.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBolt789

-Style separators for support beams, allowing for easy changing of colour/type/size of a support in the middle of a beam.
    -Ability to import custom sounds for certain scenarios (custom lift sounds especially)
    -Possibly optimization of new Intamin track (causes crazy amounts of lag on my machine for some reason)
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Please. *sobs*
    Yes
    •  
      CommentAuthorintim305
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2015

I think this tread is a good place for the devs to look for improvements for a feel of what they should be working on due to popular demand. its not a punch in the face at all, just a wishlist.

as for me:

-time comb
    -improved wood magic
    -snapping for beam nodes and other things that should have it
    -expanded catwalk settings (like with control boxes and things)
    -improved sounds
    -Cable launches
    -everything bolt just said^^

Yes I do have coaster requests too:

-RMC topper/iBox
    -Intamin Prefab
    -S&S 4D Free Spin
    -TOGO standup
    -new arrow track (Tennessee Tornado)
    -and yeah, 2nd gen dive/invert

regardless of a wishlist, I am incredibly satisfied with the new update, the infinity trains are amazing, and crosstie spacing is one of the things that would be on that list if the update hadn't included them. great work guys!
    Time comb would be amazing. Block planning would be so much easier with such a tool not to mention minutes/hours saved when building dueling coasters.
    Track sensors that are placed automatically at the end of a block and cable launches would be cool also, yes.

Stuff that hasn't been mentioned:
    Ability to set the co-ordinates for free nodes in the same way that we can for vertices.
    Coasterguy mentioned transfer tracks; It would be awesome if we could could have custom transfer tracks/track forks and edit them with vertices in the same way we do normal track. That would allow people to make drop tracks and all manner of switches.
    Similar to that, customisable tilt sections/turntables would be very cool as well and allow a whole lot of creativity but I know that might be difficult to implement.
    Addition of open/close harness and raise/lower floor methods to the scripting API.

Of course there are a load of coaster styles I could ask for, but the community has done a great job of creating custom trains/track styles anyway. I'd rather other features that can't be implemented by users were focused on.
    I think i'm the oddball out of everyone that isn't crazy for an RMC style in NL2 despite its popularity (I don't care much for them, but it'll be a good thing to have in NL2 regardless).

This is my so-called wish list:

-Vekoma Family Suspended coaster style
    -Mack Wild Mouse coaster style
    -Arrow Minetrain
    -Transfer drop track
    -Loop connectors for twisted and corkscrew styles
    -A Large Box option for the Twisted styles on Lift segments
    -More flexibilty with the Invisible Segment feature (hidden rails & crossties, but visible spine)
    -Cable Lifts
    My wish list:
    Arrow lift sounds. Period.
    Wood supports generator with inversion support, AND detect if a different coaster is in the way of supports to build around it.
    (As I've seen everybody else) RMC
    the ability to hide the track, but keep transports/brakes still visible like lifts (Would help with the RMC rails)
    Arrow Minetrain (Since you need company permission and they don't exist anymore, maybe should be called "Classic Minetrain?")
    Player models (if multiplayer is added?)
    S&S Freefly
    El Loco
    Intamin wing coaster (The uncomfortable one like skyrush)
    Intamin double spine
    Giovanola type B&M coaster style? (Goliath at SFMM)
    (For testing purposes) 'No crossties' spacing option, or 'Solid' spacing option (Makes it so that there is so much crossties that it's basically a floor. like wooden coasters would have solid wood flooring in the place of crossties)
    Togo
    Premier Launched
    I could go on...
    Zamperla
    Intamin
    E&F Miller
    Air powered coaster
    Flying Turns
    Option to have lights on wooden coasters
    Vekoma Smooth trains
    Vekoma trains
    So. Many. Trains.
    I like trains.
    ^I died when you went on with "Vekoma Smooth Trains" haha
    ^ Boomerang recreations and other cool uses for them.
    The Intamin double spine already exists in sim?
    Posted By: BetaCoastersIntamin double spine
    We already have Intamin double spine...
    I really want a scale tool. I hate getting the perfect shaping but having too much or too little speed and having to manually "scale" it
    •  
      CommentAuthorBolt789

^Normally I just save those vertices as an element and insert the element, dragging the scale slider up or down accordingly when prompted.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHZGarfield
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2015 edited

Optimizations:

Ctrl+G for Short cut of depump tools
    No minimum distance limits on separators ( they will disappear when they are moved close enough to each other)
    Moon rises and sets like sun , not rotating around the sky
    Almost complete darkness on a very low luminations circumstances ,Like in long tunnel without lights or nights with no moon
    No sawtooth but metal fin anti-rollbacks on Vekoma SLCs

New Features:

Multiple change for various Track types into one (Track,Lift ,Brake etc)
    Multiple pipe scale edit for prefab
    type separators for transfer track or transfer table
    style separators to change or hide the partial brake types and transfer types on same type segment
    full automatic perfect Reflection for NL2mat (for mirrors)
    Custom World lights(like up-shot lights in NL1 Env)
    custom chain and anti rollback positions (Left,Middle ,Right )
    New crosstie for Dive coaster(like Valravn)
    New paint method on Twisted series (Fury , Valravn)
    Custom the stop time on Dive coaster holding chains
    Show Heartline (for custom spline edit mode)
    Custom brake/transport sections would be good, eg being able to choose the number of devices, position and spacing, the only way atm is by using style separators, which creates many small track sections bolted together and dosent look very good
    Posted By: bigbrownbear123Addition of open/close harness and raise/lower floor methods to the scripting API

This
    •  
      CommentAuthorTms_XD_15
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2015 edited

Posted By: HZGarfield
    New paint method on Twisted series (Fury , Valravn)

we already have this feature. just look under the color tab "spine Color Scheme". there you have some nice options
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc

^ Not the correct way we don't. There isn't an option to have just the bottom accented.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTms_XD_15

^oh. didn´t see that. i thought we had it already.. okay nvm then
    Posted By: element 115Custom brake/transport sections would be good, eg being able to choose the number of devices, position and spacing, the only way atm is by using style separators, which creates many small track sections bolted together and dosent look very good

Yea its a real pain, especially having to mess around with deceleration settings due to each brake adding extra force. (If the the train is in contact with two brake sections each with deceleration of .8, the train right now gets decelerated by 1.6g's )
    •  
      CommentAuthorR3 Studios

I agree with most things already said, so I won't list those. The biggest thing I want, though I'm not sure how it'd work, is to have a "real terrain generator". Thought about this while attempting (shortly before giving up) to recreate the terrain of Kennywood for my Phantom's Revenge recreation. While this can roughly be achieved by creating a 3d terrain in Sketchup and modeling the terrain around it in NL2, it is very hard to make accurate. So if terrain data were able to be extracted from a location, say through Google Maps, then imported into NL2 and automatically transformed into the correct shape, that'd be incredible. Whether this is out of bounds for developers, I'd be the last person to know, but it'd be awesome to see!
    Posted By: JetstreamCoasters
    Posted By: BetaCoastersIntamin double spine
    We already have Intamin double spine...

Wait, there is?
    ^ Yes. See for yourself lol.