Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2017

NoLimits is filled with small things like that which annoy me ever so slightly :P ^^^
    I understand that small issues can really annoy people, but complaining about them directly to the devs is probably 3x more annoying to them
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2017

Well, you're absolutely correct! My apologies.
    B&M Invert and Flyer lift sounds please, and maybe optional B&M roar?
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2017

I still only want a bottom accented color style for B&M.

Please?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

Honestly as of now one feature I'd really like (plus wouldn't be hard to implement) would be some sort of grouping for supports. It gets really tedious and out of hand when you're trying to customize wooden supports in a maze of red beams lol.
    •  
      CommentAuthorintim305

that could be very helpful^
    ^^^^ Have you tried TCMs roar? I like it and you can change the variables to suit you.

^^^ Use the light pattern creator to make a beam (every so slightly poking out from the B&M box spine) in whatever colour you wish, material settings to match the spine and boom. Only issue would be transfer/switch tracks but I'm sure you can live without that?
    •  
      CommentAuthorelement 115
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2017 edited

wew

wew

B&M lift sounds and roar isnt too hard to do, this uses sounds taken from povs along with codes roar sound, the lift sound was added with a simple on board audio script.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

Fun fact: the lift hill sound commonly used is a mix of a few different B&Ms at SFMM, so you're hearing a B&M lift in game. The general track roar is also created from recordings of, you guessed it, B&M coasters at SFMM roaring along. So again, you're hearing B&M roars too. It's been mixed a bit so it can apply to multiple steel coasters, but it's still B&M based.

Note: all B&Ms don't sound the same, so your local B&M may not sound like my local B&Ms due to a ton of factors. So in one sense it's impossible to make you all happy and make all of the sounds used across a huge selection of coasters sound just like your impression of the one at your local park or the audio recorded by a mounted go-pro.

We focus on getting sounds that can be used in a wide variety of situations as it's impossible to make everything super specific. It's the reason why we add generic, non-themed trains instead of a heavily themed train. The themed train can't be used across a ton of situations. Adding more variety of sounds helps to make different coasters sound different, though the last batch we included didn't make people that happy in all cases either even though we're using more accurate effects for the styles at hand.

Not really ranting, just pointing out to everyone who doesn't think that some sounds are B&M enough that they are, in fact, B&M.

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2017 edited

^^^ I know there are ways to achieve the effect, but I want it to be kosher. I'm assuming that the track color schemes are some sort of color map that would be relatively easy to change. In the meantime I'll just patiently wait for the devs to add the feature.
    Posted By: ride_opFun fact: the lift hill sound commonly used is a mix of a few different B&Ms at SFMM, so you're hearing a B&M lift in game. The general track roar is also created from recordings of, you guessed it, B&M coasters at SFMM roaring along. So again, you're hearing B&M roars too. It's been mixed a bit so it can apply to multiple steel coasters, but it's still B&M based.

Note: all B&Ms don't sound the same, so your local B&M may not sound like my local B&Ms due to a ton of factors. So in one sense it's impossible to make you all happy and make all of the sounds used across a huge selection of coasters sound just like your impression of the one at your local park or the audio recorded by a mounted go-pro.

We focus on getting sounds that can be used in a wide variety of situations as it's impossible to make everything super specific. It's the reason why we add generic, non-themed trains instead of a heavily themed train. The themed train can't be used across a ton of situations. Adding more variety of sounds helps to make different coasters sound different, though the last batch we included didn't make people that happy in all cases either even though we're using more accurate effects for the styles at hand.

Not really ranting, just pointing out to everyone who doesn't think that some sounds are B&M enough that they are, in fact, B&M.

-Ride_Op

I get that, but they actually really don't sound classic B&M at all. The transport tyres sound rather quite Intamin-esque, and myself and others really don't see how the coasters sound like B&Ms. Bearing in mind that these B&Ms are from one unique park that is in a rather hot climate, they sound far different than other coasters throughout the globe (see Air/Galactica, Gatekeeper, Nemesis Inferno, Krake) and that quite frankly, maybe you should record different sounds for each coaster rather than trying to generalise sounds. Different manufacturers have different track sounds.
    I mean, the dev's do this sort of thing on the side. They cant really afford to travel out to places just to record a unique sound in nl2 that wont even be used by the majority of users
    I'd love for the control panel to be a separate Window i can put on my 2nd monitor to control my coasters.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

My biggest wish with the sounds would be to make them react to the layout.
    I know, I know, Frontier has a giant team, time and money our lovely devs don't have... but dang Planet Coaster is so well done on that. You feel the airtime, the positive g, the jerks... All through sounds only. That is what make the coaster comes alive.

Whereas in Nolimits, it's a constant wshhhhhhhhhh sound (I thought it was wind), that's very linear, especially when a coaster do not have a great speed variation (think about a GCI).
    One thing we could realistically ask for that wouldn't require that much work, is to be able to entierely mute the sounds from coasters. That'd be neat, and so we could uses custom ones such as Code's Roar.
    • CommentAuthorDelay
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2017

^Well, the sounds the train creates come from the stress the wheel and the frame is under. And that is dependent of the g-forces. And if the game "knows" what the gs are, it shouldn't be too difficult to make* certain sounds play under certain gs

*make refers to the ingame implementation**. Recording the sounds is a different problem.
    **I don't know scripting, so if you feel like slamming you head against your table because it's incorrect, feel free to do so.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2017

^^^^^ Electric motors aren't unique to specific manufacturers. Wanna guess which coasters were recorded to make the current friction tire motor sound? Hint: B&M coasters on two different continents. See my original point about your local coaster sounding different. We would be happy to roam around the world and record coasters without people on them to form repeatable and re-usable loops. Anyone wanna pay for it? If not, we have to wait until we get sounds that apply to a lot of situations and are clean (no screaming riders or other bad sounds like rattling car bodies).

Regarding sounds reacting to coaster movements, more to it than pure forces. Sound reverberates around the support structure and the surrounding environment. Taller supports (not filled with sound deadening sand) combined with strong forces will make more noise. Do the same maneuver at ground level with tiny supports and the sound changes. PC has a nice library of sounds which are played according to a number of pre-set criteria. But, like their peep animation on rides, it's not completely realistic and more patterns frequently triggered that show repetitiveness after awhile. We will want to do it right. Takes a lot to do.

-Ride_Op
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2017 edited

Matte track/support coloring options would be very nice to achieve a faded look on coasters (see: any steel coaster in CA).

I think this would be a nice alternative to the rust "scabs" when setting a track to "worn".
    Definitely strive to reach us out to us community members to collect our own recordings for specific coasters and then we can send them for their respective style.

Who here has noticed that the chain run sound seems as if it came off a B&M invert and doesn't sound right with headphones? Some coaster styles like woodies, arrows, and schwarzkopfs have a noisier chain run sound in reality.

For some reason, on North American and European/Asian B&M's, the idle hum of the lift motor sounds different. Is it due to the electrical systems?
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2017

^^Seconded. A lot of real coasters have a matte finish on them even if they aren't painted. It would be nice to have an option that isn't factory new but also isn't neglected for years.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2017 edited

^^^ I agree

Edit: I'm recreating Batman: the Dark Knight @ SFNE and the paint has faded to matte, so there's just one example of where it would be appropriate
    • CommentAuthorMaverick78
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2017

I really hope that someone will add floorless suspended trains for the inverted suspended swinging.
    Like "Dreamcatcher" (Bobbejaanland), "Vampire" (Chessington) And fix the swinging a little because the swinging is not going very well in NL2
    Saving in editor with "Ctrl" + "s" please...
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2017 edited

^ They already explained why it's not used.
    Because Ctrl + s is slowly backwards too..
    Oh yes, you could go slow.. Now I feel stupid.
    I'd like to see 'blank' bodies for Wing Coasters, none of this X-Flight/Thunderbird/generic design shell, so we can have things such as The Swarm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTDeHart
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2017

^What do you mean by blank shells...? The cartexture itself?
    Like, no shell design. Just the metal underneath.