Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2015 edited

Hello! We are Peak Amusements: A group created by Turbo to make high end parks for years to come! We mainly created this alias to create an equal workspace for all members in our group. These are the current members:
    Turbo
    Afro85
    Bouncypip11
    Dapalm
    Plantoris
    TallonD83
    JAMMYD778

We are proud to show you our newest project. Although it's in its very early stages, I think there is enough content to start a thread. I'm confident we'll be able to make at least one update every week. So, here is Peak Point:

A small (at the moment) park built following the style of most recent Cedar Fair creations. Right now, the park has 4 coasters and 5 flat rides. This would be the first phase of this park.

The 4 coasters are: Intamin Accelerator (Stealth clone), B&M Inverted (Dragon), B&M Dive Machine and Vekoma Hurricane.

Of course I have to mention that everything is still a wip, there is still a lot of stuff to do, but we hope to expand it quickly.

And last but not least, here is a Pov of the Dive Machine. Again, very early stages, lot of tweaking needed, but layout is final. I'll be posting one PoV every week.

WIP PoV
    ^:O That is beautiful!
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2015

Can I join the team? I will create the finest Hebei Zhongye Metallurgical Equipment Manufacturing Co., Ltd SLC Hand Coaster! Plus I can make a kids playground with a slide into a campfire, a 100% active atomic bomb swingset and lots of guns for the kids to play with.
    The inverted coaster is beautiful!!!! O__O

EDIT: Perfect example that red and green do work together haha @DCHighHeat ;)

EDIT2: POV doesn't load for me... :( every time I go onto the page my browser flips out haha
    https://youtu.be/j9XSL7NVSj0?t=29s

wiggle wiggle wiggle

loving what is on show right now! looks like this will be one of the best professional parks in nl2
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

I love the visuals, but unlike Ajax, I'm not keen on the color scheme of all the coasters, except for the Jester-like.

The invert definitely has an unique layout! I love the look of that upward spiral.
    • CommentAuthormuchwoo

I really like the look of this park. Like a lot the red inverted coaster.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAJClarke0912

Posted By: COASTERGUY246https://youtu.be/j9XSL7NVSj0?t=29s

wiggle wiggle wiggle

Had that on Marathon. Luckily you can delete some nodes and depump and it actually gets rid of it mostly, which is surprising. That was never possible in NL1.

Posted By: KingRCT3I'm not keen on the color scheme of all the coasters

I think the screenshots are really edited so it makes the colors look far more boosted than normal. Here's how they look in the POV from a distance.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

^ I stand still, I'm not a fan of the color palette., I don't think those are colors that would be as nice in real life as in a simulation. But then again, I thought the same with Banshee and the actual ride proved me wrong.
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm

Well, the pictures are not edited. Those colors are the same found in game. I think screenshots saturate colors a bit. Anyway, colors are not final. I tend to change colors a lot of times. But I like these bright style, really make things pop out.

About the coaster, well, I spent 2 hours working on it after 2 months away from FVD. It is supposed to be a place holder, but layout is final. I'll be reworking the entire coaster until it's up to my standards

Thanks everyone for your comments :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

To make that clear, I like how the colors look on your screenshot (we can instantanly say those are from you). That's the choice of the colors themselves for the coasters which I don't particularly like. Then again, it's a matter of taste.
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm

Yeah, don't worry! Anybody has its own opinion. I like bright colors (for a park in this style, that's it)
    Is anyone else seeing the pictures being really small? Like, thumbnail size?

edit: when I go to the source image, they're showing up as 180x102 pixels. Was this intentional? Is it some kind of auto-compression done by that website?
    Posted By: JetstreamCoastersIs anyone else seeing the pictures being really small? Like, thumbnail size?

edit: when I go to the source image, they're showing up as 180x102 pixels. Was this intentional? Is it some kind of auto-compression done by that website?

Must be your browser. All images posted that I see, are 1000x562.
    I'm running Chrome with Windows 7...

Just jumped on my iPad and the images are still the same, really small
    Posted By: JetstreamCoastersI'm running Chrome with Windows 7...

Just jumped on my iPad and the images are still the same, really small

I'm running Safari and I see no issues.. Maybe someone else running Chrome could help you out with that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTDeHart
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2015

We at Peak Amusements are proud to announce that we will soon begin production on not only more free to use rides for all of your parks but also recreations of real ride models! We want nothing more than to bring you the highest quality rides for you to freely use in all of your parks! As of now we have a few models in mind (listed below) that we believe will really liven up any park looking for a new thrill, in addition to 2 models in Peak Point that will be released as well!

Completed Projects:

Ride Wishlist:
    Arrow Dynamics Corkscrew
    Arrow Dynamics Loop & Corkscrew
    Bolliger & Mabillard Batman Clone
    Vekoma MK-1200 Corkscrew With Bayerncurve
    Vekoma MK-1200 Tornado
    Vekoma MK-1200 Whirlwind

What other rides would you like to see made? What kind of custom rides would you like to see as well? We are always curious to hear the wants and needs of the consumers :)
    Thank you guys for the kind words on the invert :) We are definitely trying to make this a great example of what can be done here.

The invert will be a free download for all to use in their own parks freely with both a stripped version and also a fully themed version. We hope you all enjoy!
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2015

Some more pictures...

PPB

H

h1

•  
      CommentAuthorRCF

Hold on, let me re-gain consciousness now...

Okay, this is looking really good. Like, reaaally good
    I like that the colors are just so vibrant... really cool :D
    More pictures of the invert, please! Looks like a super compact layout.

P.S. Everything in this park looks so neat and realistic.
    So glad to see this type of thing working out. I predicted way back that NL2's hugely expanded utilities combined with the fact that you can make full parks would lead to some large scale collaborations. The Alton Towers Project is another good example of big teamwork but theirs will take much longer I think. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what these powerful teams can put out! It looks as though you have great progress with your group so far dapalm.
    • CommentAuthorsprog

Dapalm, how do you make your screenshots look SO GOOD?

Everything in this park looks great so far, but like bigbrownbear I would like to see more of that invert!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTDeHart
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2015

As far as the invert, we leave you with this, possibly until the release...
    We'll see!

h1
    That invert looks insane - bold move postponing the loop down the layout further. Excellent design! I hope it rides just as well.
    That invert is seriously messed up in a really good way.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganFan

Wow that looks really really really cool.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2015 edited

I fucking love that layout, it's like Oziris had a threesome with Black Mamba and a Batman clone.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Can I add this nice red SLC coaster of mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sda5OPHs4-0
    Posted By: JAKoolI fucking love that layout, it's like Oziris had a threesome with Black Mamba and a Batman clone.

That's exactly the feel I was going for :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorTDeHart

Posted By: AJClarke0912That invert looks insane - bold move postponing the loop down the layout further. Excellent design! I hope it rides just as well.

Damn near inhaled my coffee through my nose laughing at this comment.
    Looks super cool but I have a tip for these kinds of pics. Set wire frame color to white so that the yellow dot and green gross don't come up ;)
    I'd love to see a GCI woodie in this park :)
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2016 edited

It's been a while since we have updated this so I might as well. Since the last update our team has expanded to include Blase Rhine as well. He will be a valuable addition to the team and will help create immersive scenes. In fact, I think he has some pretty cool stuff to post :)

In other news, work on Peak Point has resumed! I wasn't happy with the previous stuff I had, so I started from scratch. And I think the new one looks a lot better, and feels more like a park. So, the first area being worked is, like in the previous version, Dragon's one:

PP1

PP2

PP3

PP4

PP5

PP6

PP7

There are still a lot of things to do, but I really like how it's coming along. Those NL2 library buildings will be replaced soon with custom ones (though they represent the scale quite well).

And that's all for now. Stay tuned, because I know there is a lot of new stuff coming!
    • CommentAuthorBlaseRhine
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2016 edited

Glad to have had the amazing opportunity to join a wonderful group of people!

As Peak Amusements state, I joined the group for my skills in 3d modeling, trackwork, and to create immersive scenes (terrain/water textures and full scale models).

For now I leave you all with this...

The first in sim look at Sectum, Peak Amusements very own flyer!

https://gyazo.com/dc08650fea1332f3ffb01ed3103fb11f

Stay tuned! We have big news coming!
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2016

Whoa, that park looks absolutely incredible!

There are quite a few trashcans, though
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

It must be a Cedar Fair park then.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

It looks very cool, and as a park, it has it all: coasters, rides, paths, but also shops, transportation system, ornamentals, shrubbery...

I'm not too keen on the sidewalks, tho. I know this is convenient because you're using terra-painted path textures, plus that's a true fashion in RCT3, but this isn't realistic actually.
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2016 edited

@TheBeatles Thanks a lot! I've reduced them a bit

@JAKool It's inspired by Cedar Fair parks :)

@KingRCT3 Probably you're right... I will replace them with 3ds ones once the entire area is complete, Thanks for the advice!

So I started working on the custom buildings. Now you can have a pizza in Peak point :)

PP8

PP9

PP10

PP11

PP12

PP13

And the peeps... Don't work :( They move, but they only follow a predefined path. Saddly the body animation was left behind in 3dsMax. I hope we get some working peeps in the future, it would really take NL to the highest level!
    • CommentAuthorA113
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2016

this is looking way too cool, shame the animation for the people hasn't worked but nevertheless still very awesome. It's such a nice effort
    Wow that woodie looks absolutey enormous in the background!
    Holy smokes those invert loop supports O.o
    Never a big fan of the walkway-attraction method for design but this looks cute and well done. The vistas of each attraction from the walkways really create a nice entertaining environment for any coaster enthusiast. Keep it up. Love the amusement park vibe. Just be careful not to get too carnivally.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2016

I think for something like a Six Flags or Cedar Fair it works though. Loving the look of it so far.
    That invert is just too beautiful O___O
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2016 edited

In my opinion the most realistic looking whole theme park project in NL2 so far. :)

I just noticed that the wall that can be seen in the first two of the latest pictures looks a liiittle bit too bright compared to the rest of the textures if you ask me.

Did you tried to implement the peep animation as it was done in the frame animation demo park?
    The loop supports are all made with in game support stuff :) So are the additional catwalks
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2016 edited

Thank you very much for your comments and suggestions guys! I'll keep them in mind :)

PEAK POINT LOGO H

So we should continue the tour through our (yet) small park, shouldn't we? But first let's talk about the plans we have for it:

- As others have done, we are going to release it in phases, but we will also release the coasters with some scenery individually so you can use them in your parks!

- Phase 1 is supposed to be finished and released this summer. It will include 3 coasters (Dragon, the B&M StandUp you can see in some pictures and the Vekoma Hurricane), 10 flat rides and three complete areas (Entry and mainstreet, Dragon's zone and the one you're about to see, the Boardwalk. If there is time we will also include the parking lot and park access.

- Phase 2 will include two areas, western and Mexico, two coasters (Intamin Prefab and Minetrain) and a dark ride. I don't know if the dark ride will be included in the park or will have its separate file, depends on how it affects performance. Don't expect something fancy like Disney would do, but something more standard like the Scooby Doo rides found at Six Flags parks. Flat rides aren't chosen yet. This Phase should be released by the end of the year.

- Speaking about performance, it currently runs very good. There are some spots where the fps drop to 20 on my machine (I7, 16Gb of Ram, GTX 760), but they should get a boost once I replace foliage with 2d trees and activate clipping. Also, there are currently a hundred of peeps, so getting rid of them would have great effects on performance.

- Dragon's download and video should be up in one or two weeks. It's almost finished.

And I think that's it for now, I'll keep you updated on this plans :)

Now let's take a look at the new area, the boardwalk, home of a nice Vekoma Hurricane and some flats (some are still waiting to arrive and others need to be finished). It's still very wip, and as always, all the NL default buildings will be replaced (though I have to admit they look very nice in this area). I will give a more in depth look once the are is finished, but until then...

Hope you like it :)
    • CommentAuthorInkyz
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2016

Oh my gosh, that looks incredible!