Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthormem
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2015

I am just getting started with NL2 and would appreciate some information on the telemetry interface.

I am able send a remote TCP command to start a ride in manual mode using the dispatch message, and would like to know if there is a way one can terminate a ride and immediately restart again in the station?

I am connecting NL2 to a motion platform for an educational event and want to display the ride on an oculus rift for the person on the motion platform, and also on a large screen monitor for those waiting for a go.
    My intention is to use one PC for the oculus and another for the monitor. I want to send a message to both computers so the coasters start together and remain more or less in sync. I can do this with the dispatch message.

My question is, can I remotely stop and reset the ride on both computers without waiting for the ride to finish. I would like to avoid a lashup using robot mouse commands if there is a way to do this using TCP telemetry commands.

Any ideas how this can be done?

Is there any documentation of the telemetry interface other than the java demo client?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2015

The telemetry server and all of its functions are listed in the nl2 manual (reference -> telemetry server if I remeber correctly), I'm not sure if it's possible to reset the ride, but when it's in the manual.

Good luck,
    Daniel
    • CommentAuthormem
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2015

Daniel, thank you for your reply. Unfortunately for me, the telemetry section of the reference does not add anything to the information provided in the Java demo comments.

I see that a ride can be reset from the ride control panel. Is there any way to do this via a keystroke without the ride control panel visible?

Michael