Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBattin
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2015 edited

Hello and welcome to the WIP thread of Runaway Canyon.

The reason behind this thread is to give you guys a look at the current HIGHLY THEMED coaster I'm working on.
    You might have seen pictures in the WDYJD thread, but this is a thread that contains all the info you need to know about RC (Runaway Canyon)

Underneath these lines are the pictures that are seen recently, but first I wanna thanks everyone that has shown interest in this project.
    This certainly encourage me to continue with this project and I'm planning this to be released to the public.

I will update this thread when I see have new pictures, new info about this coaster and more other reasons. Be sure to keep an eye on this one :)

Note that some part of this coaster are changed and some of the scenery has been removed/changed.
    I would like to continue with the project and show you more pictures of the project.

Download the ride:

Download Runaway Canyon (DAYTIME VERSION)

NOTE: This is a highly themed coaster, which can mean that low end PC's can't run it.

TRAILER RELEASED:
    Runaway Canyon Trailer

ONRIDE RELEASED:
    Runaway Canyon Onride
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New picture of today:

Thanks you for the interest of this project and be sure to bookmark it :)
    EDIT: Total objects currently in scene: 1855 pieces :)
    ^You know you did a good job if you thought the last picture was real...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBattin
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2015

If you thought the last picture was real, I certainly would die with enthusiastic about that comment :)
    That is an amazing compliment. Thank you so much: toiletalker26
    • CommentAuthorCraZHadder

What a fantastic project! The amount of detail is to die for! Keep up the great work!
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcth

It really looks absolutely gorgeous man!
    Just Beautiful :) I really like the "Comic Style" of your Scenery.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBattin
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2015 edited

Update 2015-11-04 (4 November 2015):
    Total objects used so far: 2199 objects currently in scene :)

Another update:
    Currently busy with the finishing touches!!!!!!
    • CommentAuthormuchwoo
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2015

It look amazing, so full of details and I really like the cartoon/comic style direction.
    I love the crates in the water.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBattin
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2015 edited

Thank you :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorWalki
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2015

I'm obsessed. Im always a sucker for these types of coasters and everything just looks great. One thing I would like to see is some more color in the track. Maybe like a medium toned grey would be a nice color (for me anyway)! Can't wait to see what else you do with this project.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBolt789

I'm not a huge fan of the striped rails. Without them I feel the track would blend much better into its surroundings (thinking Big Thunder Mountain).

Doesn't it kind-of need them though? Or at least make the rails silver for it to run on some "train tracks".
    Yes^ :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcth
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2015

Looks awesome man! Can't wait to test it out!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBattin

Posted By: WalkiI'm obsessed. Im always a sucker for these types of coasters and everything just looks great. One thing I would like to see is some more color in the track. Maybe like a medium toned grey would be a nice color (for me anyway)! Can't wait to see what else you do with this project.

I did try different colors for the track, but the are all just TOO much. Perhaps you know a right color pallet for the track for me to try?

Posted By: Bolt789

I'm not a huge fan of the striped rails. Without them I feel the track would blend much better into its surroundings (thinking Big Thunder Mountain).

The striped rails looks fine with me, but with another color palet for the tracks, the stripes will disappear :)

Posted By: AJClarke0912Doesn't it kind-of need them though? Or at least make the rails silver for it to run on some "train tracks".

Silver track will overkill the scenery. Tried silver already, but didn't look good at all :(
    •  
      CommentAuthorBattin
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2015

Trailer is LIVE:
    Runaway Canyon Trailer
    I really like the trailer and the look of this project! The style is unique and the track work looks pretty great. However, I really don't think the music choose was suitable for the coaster. I was expecting more of a country banjo adventure-ish song hahahaha
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcth
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2015

Looks very nice!
    • CommentAuthorHarmL98
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2015

Really like your rock work.
    Trailer looks great! Cant wait for a full pov!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBattin
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2015

Thank you for these kind words.

@ JetstreamCoasters,
    The music is a choise I had to make in order to get the look and feel of this coaster.
    When the music gives you the uplifting music, I wanted to get the feeling you are looking at this scenery that takes your breath away. I believe I might accomplished that witht he scenery and music choise. Offcourse there is an element of supprice regarding the music :)

----
    Another thing I didn't believe I would ask for a project that I worked SO hard on is the question for help regarding waterfalls.
    Waterfalls with collision detection isn't possible inside the SIM and that is giving me alot of headaches, since I'm NOT good at creating waterfalls. They aren't my kind of thing to build, since I don't get it :)

So my question is: are you good at creating waterfalls (anyone) and is willing to help me finish this project propperly?
    I don't want to release this project, because of those missing waterfalls.

If you (anyone) are interested in helping me out here, i would really, really appreciate it!!!!
    • CommentAuthornSeven

You can fake them using texture panning - I know that there are waterfalls in TERRA and they work well enough.

I'm just not entirely sure how you do it though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBetaCoasters
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2015 edited

^^ Bestdani just posted a video of collision detected waterfalls a while ago, but he hasn't released it.
    What I do know is that TERRA's waterfalls are a 2d gif stretched out.
    There is a waterfall available for download but I forgot who made it.
    EDIT: Füchschen made a 2d waterfall.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Posted By: BetaCoastersa while ago

Wasn't that like a few hours ago? x)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBattin
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2015 edited

Posted By: BetaCoasters^^ Bestdani just posted a video of collision detected waterfalls a while ago, but he hasn't released it.
    What I do know is that TERRA's waterfalls are a 2d gif stretched out.
    There is a waterfall available for download but I forgot who made it.
    EDIT: Füchschen made a 2d waterfall.

Where can I find this?
    Tried a search on here, but didn't come up!
    Posted By: KingRCT3
    Posted By: BetaCoastersa while ago

Wasn't that like a few hours ago? x)

Where was this posted and why did I miss it? :p
    For the post, it was on the "What did you just do in Nolimits" thread.
    for the waterfall, its right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhiZUuvT2RI
    Waterfalls are really easy to make, you don't need to use a .gif or anything, you can make them using an NLMAT. All you have to do is go into NLMAT editor > Textures > Texture Unit 0 Setup > T.C. Mod > Mod Stage 1 Setup > And then play with the scroll settings.

TERRA Phase 1 is an unlocked file, so anyone can extract it and see how it's all done. Use turbulence and other settings if you want it to wiggle around too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2015

Posted By: BattinWhere was this posted and why did I miss it? :p

There: Waterfall with collision
    •  
      CommentAuthorBattin

@ KingRCT3,

Thank you. I asked bestdani about this and the script/editor only calculates the collision with the terrain.
    It's not impossible to add a collision detection for my objects, but that would mean MANY HOURS of work in order to get it working. It is possible, but very hard to do :(

But I'm not ready to give up on this :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Won't you be able to raise the terrain up close to the scenery for instance?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBattin
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2015 edited

That would be possible if I could get the terrain change in smaller values. The dots/markers are to big to fit the scenery.

That means that the terrain is either to low or sticking out through the scenery.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Just a random thought: If you make the terrain stick a bit, and then apply a virtual tunnel, does the particles still consider it a surface?

(Adding to the wishlist: better terrain editor. :p)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBattin

I don't believe it's being considered as surface. I'd have to ask destsani about that.
    Just because I suck at waterfalls, I have to do extra work for getting them inside! Bummer...

EDIT: Have talked to bestdani and he tried the tunnel test.
    It worked. Even the virtual tunnel is seen as a surface :)

Ahhhh, hyped for this :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorBattin
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2015

Onride video is RELEASED!!!!!

Runaway Canyon Onride
    It's still being processed, but will be online shortly :)

Let me know what you think!!!!
    • CommentAuthorInkyz

Is it heartlined?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBattin

It was, but that didn't look good.
    So I changed it back to normal.

I had some good reasons for doing that :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorRCF

Oh god, wow. When will this be released?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani

It looks amazing :)
    Honestly, I was worried this was going to be another coaster with fantastic scenery, yet sub par trackwork. Thank goodness I was wrong. This project is just getting better and better! The only thing missing (I think) is an onride soundtrack ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBattin
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2016 edited

Runaway Canyon released!!!!

You can download it from my dropbox, since the Exchange doesn't work (can't upload it)

Download Runaway Canyon

Daytime version

Let me know what you guys think!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2016

Link doesnt work for me. It's just not redirecting me anywhere

•  
      CommentAuthorBattin
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2016

Sorry, made a typo in the downloadlink. Should work now :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorPearman
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2016

Amazing work. One of the best themed coasters I've seen so far in NoLimits2 :)
    First I thought there were some rolls or corcscrews, but there weren't any :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorBattin

Thank you Pearman. Glad you like it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

I was VERY impressed with the outcome of this ride! The rockwork was one of the best i've seen, and the massive use of terrain and ground levels made this ride truly spectacular. Great work, Battin. This ride is definitely going down as a favorite.

•  
      CommentAuthorBattin
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2016 edited

Posted By: Mrcrolly

I was VERY impressed with the outcome of this ride! The rockwork was one of the best i've seen, and the massive use of terrain and ground levels made this ride truly spectacular. Great work, Battin. This ride is definitely going down as a favorite.

Thank you so much for your awesome comment. I also like the screenshot you placed in the Screenshot Saterday thread.
    ^^ Nothing to say more, i love that cartoony style. I also see that you worked on the track since the "beta". Great Job on this one here ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBattin

^ Thank you. I did change the colout palet since the beta version.
    I followed your advice on that :)

Thank you for those screenshot aswell. They look very nice :D
    I forgot to post when I downloaded the ride earlier.

The ride's great, certainly held up to all we've seen of it previously. The ride looks great, with tonnes of high quality assets, and it ran astonishingly well, which is not something I even feel comfortable mentioning right now.

(thanks for the thumbs down)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBattin

Thank you for the nice comment. Means alot to me ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBolt789
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2016

This was a beautifully-made experience on every level. Loved the mix of a (very intricately detailed) cartoony environment with a realistic and fun layout, and the two interacted beautifully.

I'd love to see a ride like this fit into a very heavily-themed area of real a park.