Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Hello all, it's that time of year again! Before I embark on this slightly stressful yet rewarding project once more, you know the drill... answer the question!

What were some of your favorite creations this year?

There's too many for me to pick from alone, so I'll need you guys' help! Anything from January 1, 2015 to the last day of this year is fair game. I don't plan on releasing the video until January - it takes a much larger amount of effort for a multi-coaster project like this. My last NoLimits video (of any kind) was way back in February, which happened to be last year's 2014 video. So I've been slacking, and it's time to pick it up again. I plan on implementing 60 fps this time and covering some of the new and exciting things this year has brought upon us. Think of rides way back to the beginning of the year if you can! What stood out to you? What had some epic scenery or did something completely new with scripting? Sifting through YouTube roundups will help, but try to think of other examples on Steam or our very own exchange! I am all ears for ideas and I will check each and every one of your suggestions.

I believe this year had numerous knockout hits, so depending on how many there are I may have to make quite a lengthy video. That means I need to get started now before I fall behind like last year.
    Iron Outlaw, Bandit, Copperhead (Mike Sheets), Yoshi Coaster, and some others.
    Copperhead was by cb0688 (Mike/nSeven only filmed it). But those are good suggestions!
    ^ I know, but I was saying Mike Sheets because there is another copperhead by Projektion. Hey, both of those are great!
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2015

Jamp Up Land! For sure!!
    •  
      CommentAuthoraltlenny

I feel like at least Cloud Burst and Tundrius from Purism Contest have to be featured.
    velocity by TCM, Scourge by COASTERGUY246, TERRA, Maelstrom by E115, X with a launch and jetski by Bestandi
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion

You know, I was just thinking the other day whether or not you were going to be doing this again for this year. 2 projects that have to be included are Terra and the Smiler.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDanSm1l3r
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2015 edited

I'd like a few clips of the Project Towers team's NL2 videos to be featured at some point, if no one else suggests it I'm putting it out there so it has a chance. A few very notable mentions would be Velocity, X-Reborn, Zingo's Flying Dutchman ride, Sonic Generations maybe? These few come to mind when I think of well documented and/or good quality coasters made this year!

EDIT: ^ We never posted it here but we have a video from my work on the ATP Smiler: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ehgSTE6n3Y
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles

I'd personally like to see Auger featured.
    Posted By: DanSm1l3rI'd like a few clips of the Project Towers team's NL2 videos to be featured at some point

This is a good idea to feature some of you guys' work, but the difference is that everything for my compilation videos is filmed myself, so I would probably not use anything previously recorded. It is a very nice video though!
    I was going to get in on the narcissism jokes but everyone beat me to it :(

But seriously, Jammy's Storm Valley definitely gets my vote.
    Should the towers project be in it though? Surely you should only be including projects released in 2015? Not trying to be negative about all the hard work that everyone has been putting into it, but it doesn't make sense to include things that haven't been released yet. Unless they plan on releasing it before the end of the year.

A couple I think would be good: ISON, Kite Flyer, Periphery (Jtech Developments), Windjammer Remastered, and a few by Projektion (Bandit, Zeus, Yeti etc)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBolt789

Probably Bronco from the NL2 Fight Club in terms of my own work lol, Copperhead should definitely be featured though

•  
      CommentAuthorAJClarke0912

^^^Storm Valley was in the last one. :)

Posted By: CrazycoasterShould the towers project be in it though? Surely you should only be including projects released in 2015?

That's... actually a valid point. I figured their AT project was never going to be "released" and instead be a continual process, but perhaps you are right. I will have to think about that one. Good coaster suggestions too BTW.
    Posted By: CrazycoasterWindjammer Remastered

https://gyazo.com/5c837e54b238e7dad7bba82fb8be6bc3

*cries in corner*
    Wish I made some bigger coasters instead of smaller projects, those would do better in a video like this.
    Posted By: AJClarke0912^^^Storm Valley was in the last one. :)

Awh, but it's actually an Infinity now (and has an extra Infinity) :(
    Terra
    Copperhead by cb0688
    Project Alton Towers (not finished)
    •  
      CommentAuthorJAMMYD778
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2015

My two cents would have to be Terra (no explanation needed), Copperhead (such a creative use of in-game supports) and Yeti (seriously good trackwork and ultimately, very realistic). I'll try and see if there are any lesser know projects out there that deserve some good recognition too, there are plenty, almost too many. :)
    I would love to see every single one of Projektion's rides featured in this video.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

If I had to pick, I would love to see Copperhead, Iron Outlaw and Terra.

And by the way, I would cry if I saw Elemental featured in the video ;). Probably the only ride i've ever done that was even remotely good.
    Just to clarify, if the ride has been mentioned before your post, there isn't really a need to post it again. This isn't for "voting", but mainly to jog my rusty memory in things to look out for. Try to help me think of others! :)
    Hraesvelgr by Dapalm!

EDIT: Some other coasters that haven't been mentioned so far that I found notable are Supercell by A113, as well as Velocity and HellHound by Code. I'd also lose it if my ride Lawin was featured; I'm quite proud of that one. :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

^Ooh, yeah, that one went under the radar! Very well made ride deserves to get a role imo.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHZGarfield
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2015 edited

Terra, ISON,Baron ,Firestone,Night xpress,Tundrius ,Teng, Jtech Developments,X:Reborn
    I'm really forward to this episode, NL2 has come a really long way since its release ALMOST!!! two years ago!!

I personally feel many of Projektion's creations should be featured, as they focus primarily on realism in track work and supports, yet have this spice of originality.

EDIT: I feel Project Towers, although WIP, deserves to be featured as it is a highly ambitious project that is being aimed to be THE ultimate NL2 recreation of Alton Towers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTms_XD_15

definatly Thunder Run and Terra
    • CommentAuthorWomp83

Starwing: The Ride, by yours truly..
    Copperhead
    Terrace
    Starwing
    X Reborn
    ISON
    Iron Outlaw
    Jtech Developments
    And my B&M Giga Firestone :P

•  
      CommentAuthorrcth

Terra
    Bestdani's Waterski
    Zingo's Flying Dutchman (not finished yet)
    TERRA, by crazycoaster, for sure.

And it would be nice to see something of mine in it. Maybe one of my layouts from the fight club?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

•  
      CommentAuthorrcth

• CommentAuthorHarmL98

I really liked X-Reborn, Terra, Jack and the Beanstalk, Night xpress, Space Mountain, Runaway Creekand and Project Alton Towers!
    Men, I hate it that Baron 1898 project isn't finished jet haha
    X: Reborn, Terra, Copperhead, Flying Dutchman (when done), Auger, Hr├Žsvelgr, Malestrom, ISON (or Kite Flyer, for that matter), Sonic Generations, and basically anything by Projection come to mind.

My actual goal at the begginning of the year was to have a project in this, but due to lack of time and patience it never happened. Oh well.

EDIT: Something from Womp, too ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo

So many great rides this year! X:reborn was huge, coperhead was very very nice. Auger was also very good, ISON, Terra, Hellhound, Mystic Manor (2015 edition).

Ow, and my Flying Dutchman will be done in time, so I wouldn't mind, I have to keep up presence since my Baron from last year is on most of the screenshots of the 2014 video ;)
    Asawath by CoasterLantic was very nice, that ride has to be in this is No Limits 2 2015, really, also Steel Force is one of my favorites.
    Smiler recreation
    http://www.coastercrazy.com/20722/The-Smiler--Alton-Towers-Resort--Recreation
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

How about my scenic railway coaster.

http://nolimits-exchange.com/coaster/racing-scenic-railway/9094
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani

From my steam favorite list:

Mystic Manor (2015 update)
    The Smiler
    Iron Outlaw
    Terra
    Maelstrom
    Velocity
    Steel Force
    BunKer
    X:Reborn
    Dying Sea
    HellHound (currently Beta, but even this version would be suitable and I expect the final version will be superb).
    Personally I liked RLRides Red Dragon NL1 remaster
    Posted By: HarmL98 Jack and the Beanstalk

YAY.. Just being noticed is enough haha..
    • CommentAuthorInkyz

Kratos - Projektion
    Rewind - iSatnav
    White Wolf - TIMxVDxSTEEN
    Windjammer - COASTERGUY246 & nSeven
    Tundrius - Kyle Sloane
    X: Reborn - TheBeatles
    Night Xpress - TheCoasterWolf
    Copperhead - cb0688
    Scourge - COASTERGUY246
    Wildfire - CraZHadder
    Bandit - Projektion
    Methuselah & Lamech - UncleArly
    Velocity - TheCodeMaster
    Vitis - K69

The list goes on...
    •  
      CommentAuthorstejorin
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2015 edited

I believe "The Runaway" by Arracuu, X R3born and Windjammer all are great candidates for this video. IMO they are some of the best themed rides this year.
    I also strongly suggest Lawin: Conquer the Dragon by AmatsuNL be considered. It was a great ride!
    I really want to say this... even if this doesn't make sense for the video

Mystery by Coaster Mind (me)

It will probably not be in the video because it isn't ready yet and I don't think it is that good if I compare it to the other coasters in this list. It's still my best coaster so I'm happy with it!
    :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2015

I'd be very honored if mine and Chukensky's baby, Auger was featured. It's my proudest NL creation to date :)

-Anything by Richard (RLRides) has got to be in there though particularly Kite Flyer for me.
    -XReborn is a MUST.
    -Not necessarily any particular track by CodeMaster, but definitely some feature showing his intuition and creativity has got to be up there too.
    -Terra, of course. CC is a master of this game.
    • CommentAuthorBrawly
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2015

- Scourge!
    - Auger
    - Phoenix
    - Some of the cooler contest entries
    - X2 with a launch
    - Most of Projection's stuff
    - Terra? Unless thats considered 2014
    I won't be surprised if you don't think this ride is worthy to be shown, but if you do...well, there it is.

The ride's name is Drau, and I'm only mentioning this onIt'sause it's literally the first ride I've finished in 4 years.

Besides that, you might want to check out some entries of the various contests that is (and were) going on. Some of them deserve a spot as well.