Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2015 edited

We are rapidly approaching Roundup 100! To make this huge milestone Roundup more interesting, we have created a special contest with PRIZES for everyone who makes it into Roundup 100! Here are the rules:

- All submissions for Roundup 100 must be set to Unlisted on YouTube and not be posted anywhere. Keep your video secret. If it's listed or shared anywhere, it'll be disqualified.
    - We will provide an email address to send the video link when we get closer to the final submission window.
    - One video submission per person. If you send us more than one submission, we'll only take the last one sent.
    - We will send a custom made small prize out to the 10 people whose submitted videos are featured in Roundup 100. If you are under 18, you must have your parents contact us and give their permission.
    - Any video not featured in Roundup 100 will be eligible for our normal weekly roundups 101 and 102.
    - Emailing the video link is the only way to submit you video for consideration for Roundup 100.
    - The park/coaster(s) featured in the video must be your own work, however they do not need to be brand new for this contest.
    - Videos must be submitted no later than January 3rd, 2016.

Email your submissions to: 100@coasterx.com

Questions? Feel free to ask away!

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorJL NoLimits

What will the prize be?
    Is it secret?

Edit: why do we actually need to be 18?
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

Yes!

Mostly because we haven't designed it. But it'll be a collectible and something custom carved by a CnC Machine.

You do not have to be 18. But, to send a prize to you we'd need your home address, something that we think minors shouldn't be sharing on the Internet without their parent's being aware and granting permission.

-Ride_Op
    Wow, this will be one hell of a week for NL2 content!

Does the ride within our video have to be one of our own creations?
    I know what my next long-term project is now...
    Oh my gosh I hope I am able to finish my current project in time for this. Judging by current WIP projects there is going to be some really tight competition, and it would be a great honor to get into Roundup 100! This is going to be incredibly exciting, and I cannot wait to see the projects that'll be featured!
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2015

So, I've got about 9 more weeks to finish my Flying Dutchman ride. I am wondering, what is more important, content or a good looking video?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani

Posted By: ride_opAll submissions for Roundup 100 must be set to Unlisted on YouTube and not be posted anywhere. Keep your video secret. If it's listed or shared anywhere, it'll be disqualified.

This belongs the roundup 100 video only? So the park itself can be released already (or even other short video clips of it?). Related to this: Is a video that contains multiple (self created) parks also allowed?
    Sounds good
    •  
      CommentAuthorSandorvdl

oh my... now school will get no attention at all
    sounds really interesting, time to blow the dust off a few projects...
    So it's like a regular roundup, except you enter the video instead of just putting it up publicly and having it chosen, right?
    Haven't got anything of high quality in progress, so I guess I'll have to do a new thing if I want to enter. I'll see who else in entering and work out my chances first :P
    •  
      CommentAuthoriSatnav

In the spectacularly unlikely event that I get a project finished in time, I will definitely enter.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

To answer some questions:

- Yes, the coaster(s)/park must be your original work.
    - Yes the park can be released already, but the video made for Roundup 100 must remain hidden.

-Ride_Op
    • CommentAuthornSeven

UH OH.

I thought this was a cinematography contest - in which case, the work being shown is not my own work, but the video and its concept is.

If it's gotta be my own...well then I have some work to do. :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

I knew you'd panic a bit! But you do have 2 months.

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo

I like these rules!
    so are collaborations out?
    •  
      CommentAuthorintim305

this is going to be really interesting and take top priority for a while...
    ^^ Considering each winner gets the prize, I'd assume so. 10 winners = 10 coasters.
    • CommentAuthornSeven

WELP, Hades it is - Flying coaster over a basalic volcanic wasteland.

YOU MADE ME DO THIS TOM!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKG9

Posted By: nSevenUH OH.

I thought this was a cinematography contest - in which case, the work being shown is not my own work, but the video and its concept is.

If it's gotta be my own...well then I have some work to do. :)

Are you talking about what I think you're talking about :)

I have to go back into the vault and see which designs I really want to perfect for this one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

10 prizes, one for each video in the roundup. Collaboration is up to you, however we will only have one prize for the video.

-Ride_Op
    Posted By: Sandorvdloh my... now school will get no attention at all

tfw

Posted By: nSevenUH OH. I thought this was a cinematography contest - in which case, the work being shown is not my own work, but the video and its concept is.

We're f***ed Mike!! This is it! haha

Fortunately, instead of Marathon, I have 2 other "okay" coasters that can be finished by that time. Perhaps I can put something together for those... hmmm
    • CommentAuthorInkyz

^ the electric piano universe *wink wink
    I seriously wish I even had a chance here. Sadly my laptop records badly and, even if my track layout is good enough, my computer will lag like anything and just generally screw up any hope I had :(

Good luck everyone entering!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAJClarke0912

^^Yes! That happens to be Option 1... but I would like to give it a new, darker direction as "Ebony Tower". The ride itself is mostly finished as a conversion but needs the sheen to set the idea I have for its art style. It's going to be much louder.

Option 2 (Fighter Force 5) was actually in one of the recent screenshot contests, but I would plan on giving it a strangely retro-future take that would catch people off guard, so I'm poking around to see if people are slightly interested in that.

Option 3 is Geist, an old inverted coaster of mine that's themed around stress/paranoia surrounding a special being. It would ideally require basic scenery to get the message across, so I don't know if I will be able to invest in that this time.
    @NemesisRider. Same here, we two are in the darkness...
    lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

The built-in video recorder always captures a clean 30 fps regardless of what kind of potato you have for a laptop.

-Ride_Op
    I mean the resolution. I can capture clean 60fps but my resolution is horrible. It haven't anything to do with nl2 but my screen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNemesisRider

Posted By: ride_opThe built-in video recorder always captures a clean 30 fps regardless of what kind of potato you have for a laptop.

-Ride_Op

Also the screen isn't big enough for supports at a distance not too look weird, plus with scenery my frame rate divebombs. And to have a chance, because the scripters and modellers like Code are entering, you need good scenery. You've said before that the round up is at the end of the day an advert for NoLimits 2, not a purism contest.

I hope I'm not sounding rude, it's just frustrating that my computer isn't as good as other people's :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

The true beauty of the in-game video capture is that it will take as long as needed to render all 30 frames. You can max out the details and even if it takes 3 seconds per frame, the end result video plays at 30 fps. Auger does not maintain 30 fps on my machine at all times and I've got a powerful machine. On-ride video of Auger looks great!

Try it out and see.

As for scenery, custom scripting and custom scenery is not required for a good presentation. N7 made a wonderful video for Chastity and that coaster just had his trees and some nice terrain with the built in fog.

-Ride_Op
    Can we it be a coaster we have already released but have been improving on will be making a new video of it?
    Posted By: ride_opThe true beauty of the in-game video capture is that it will take as long as needed to render all 30 frames. You can max out the details and even if it takes 3 seconds per frame, the end result video plays at 30 fps.

Yup, few people realize this. Although, I do empathize with those who have low res monitors... I used to be in that boat once and it was never pretty no matter how hard I tried. My Heretic video for Kyle Sloane had horrible pop-ins. But for those who just assume that framerate is an issue, it isn't so long as you use the built-in recorder! You just need to give it a try.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2015

^^ Yes.

^ Exactly! Plus to avoid those pop ins just max out the settings for the video. It'll run slow, sure, however the video capture will get it perfect for you. Once you use it and see the results you'll never look at Bandicam the same.

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorNemesisRider
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2015 edited

I don't know if these are fixable problems Ride Op, but in my videos using the In-Game Recorder I had two main problems. First was the audio sounding grainy, but this isn't as much of a problem as I can put music on the video. One time I really found this a problem on was this video. My other problem is in this video where, you can at the top of the lift, the rest of the supports look bad, I assume due to my small screen.

Please ignore the quality of the coasters, I just put the videos on to show my problems.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSandorvdl

Posted By: ride_op^^ Yes.

^ Exactly! Plus to avoid those pop ins just max out the settings for the video. It'll run slow, sure, however the video capture will get it perfect for you. Once you use it and see the results you'll never look at Bandicam the same.

-Ride_Op
    setting are 60fps. Video is not 60fps for some reason.

And what is the mail adress?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2015

^
    Posted By: ride_op- We will provide an email address to send the video link when we get closer to the final submission window.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSandorvdl

^ woops...

No need to go all quote-inception - staff
    •  
      CommentAuthorSandorvdl
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2015

Are recreations allowed?
    ^ Yep. Same as any other Roundup.
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion

I'm really excited by this and am probably going to try entering too. That said, if the video requires good cinematography, I'm screwed.
    • CommentAuthornSeven

Lol, that IS the contest.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Hmm, it's about a good NL2 ride, too. ;p
    • CommentAuthornSeven

Roundup rules are:

1. Presentation first and foremost.
    2. Originality.
    3. Good track design.
    4. All the other stuff.

This is why projects like that snow park with the terrain coasters can supercede solid-built, but unoriginal designs.
    Well Projecktion, i guess you're screwed :3

(I think you'd win with whatever you did tbh)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo

I guess it's about the whole package. A simple yet briljant filmed coaster will not automaticly win from a briljant but simple filmed ride.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKG9

How do we feel about the name Illuminati... :)
    The date is seriously coming much faster than I'm expecting! I'm really nervous but I hope I'm able to submit on time even with my heavy workload lasting even during Christmas vacation.
    ^Or you are working much slower then you expected. Time can't be speed up lol

I just had to say it