Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2015 edited

Hello community of NolimitsExchange.com! My name is Alexander, and this is my introduction thing. :P Anyways, I am an absolutely horrible creator and I could go on and on about how I need to improve upon my skill, but at least I enjoy the game. I will still provide pictures at your convenience, even though the ride is just bad. It is my first full-layout coaster though, I've been experimenting in the editor with handbuilt elements and such. My brother taught me how to do Intamin launch LSMs and some support scenery, but I can't make a building with a recognizable shape in any way. So I'll definitely need some, probably a lot, of hand building tips and feedback.

Here are the pictures of what I'm currently working with.

Until then! (silently sighs because he knows this won't work in any way)

-Alexander (Olmisery)
    • CommentAuthornSeven
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2015

Alright, now that we're working in a less-hectic space, I can finally get to the meat of the issue!

The best thing is to learn how to make 3ds yourself - it's not that daunting anymore. Sketchup is a great place to start and you can do something as simple as a station cover. It's very much like NoLimits 2 - once you get a handle of the controls you can do some awesome things. Set your bar low and just try it.

The best thing about trying it yourself is that people will see you're serious and will be more inclined to collaborate or share with you. It starts with one model, you'll learn a bit - it'll look awful and hideous...and you'll try again - do it better the second time...learn a lot more. ect. So keep that in mind.
    I like that layout! Very unique. But as nSeven said, I recommend also you try making 3ds on your own to start with.

For example, take a look at this:

(2009)

versues

(2015)

I just kept practicing, leaning little tips and tricks, so try to make some scenery, if it doesn't go well, ask for some help. It will take time, but it will be well worth it in the long run.I wish you the best of luck!
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2015 edited

Something tells me... that this won't be even close to done... by New Years.

EDIT: Code, how. How do you do that. That is amazing from the straight look of it.
    ^ Don't be negative! Success takes time! and when that time is put into practicing, success will say "Pshh, I don't take time!" and it'll be done in no time.
    Outatime.
    Time Machine.
    Delorean.
    Michael J. Fox.
    Posted By: OlmiserySo here is what I'm looking for. A good 3d creator, such as Kyle, Dapalm, Code, the list goes on and on.

LOL I hate to break it to you man but I would never bank on this. It's pretty often that we see new people come in immediately requesting help for 3Ds. In my personal experience, getting someone to "just do 3D scenery for you" is pretty challenging on its own, even when you're well-established. Example: I've been around for 7 years and managed to only pull it off once (thanks Archy!!)

Your best bet is to learn it yourself. Unfortunately I still haven't (although I've made a few crappy models in trying to do so).
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

I'm trying, ok. This was a horrible idea. Can you just feedback the crappy ride please, not what I'd want in a project. :/ Also, can you not be all like "LOL" and all that stuff. It really screws with my self-esteem.
    • CommentAuthorlujach92
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2015

You don't need to excuse for your "crappy ride", since you're a NL2 newbie you really can't expect more for a start and we aren't expecting to see a perfect coaster either. We have all come a long way improoving our skills with every coaster. I really can't say that my first creations looked any better than yours!

To start with the constructive part: Can you tell me what's the point behind that strange support leaning over the launch track in the second picture?
    You're looking at this with a pessimistic mind-set, don't do that. We're only here to help you improve, even if it means that sometimes you'll get harsh criticism every now and then. It takes time to make a good ride with a decent scenario, and this goes for any skill as well. Just try to strive for more with each new project you start, and you'll eventually get there. That's what I did, and it worked, and still is. Back in 2011 (granted, NL2 wasn't out at the time), I was only able to make rides like this that were plopped in the middle of nowhere; now I can make rides with car textures, which i've been struggling with ever since I begin using NL1 in 2011:

It's really about experimenting with features or anything beyond that. Take it little by little, but while also being ambitious. The work and dedication will pay off in the long run.
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

^^ If you look closely, that is a 100% structurally unsound support for the airtime double-up in the background. And I'll probably go back into FVD to rework this thing rather than redoing it using hand building.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAJClarke0912
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2015 edited

Posted By: OlmiseryAlso, can you not be all like "LOL" and all that stuff. It really screws with my self-esteem.

Sorry, I'm not trying to denounce you or anything. It's just that we see posts like these a lot, but even long-time members have little luck with these propositions. It's not "a horrible idea" like you mentioned - just know that it may not work, because a lot of people rush into these expect them to happen. Don't take my tone to be mean - it is advice! You'll see that this forum can have some harsh critics, so if you took what I said personally, you may want to be mindful of yourself and try to not take things at such depth.
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2015 edited

I wish Lightning Rod played out like this. Yes, it is a Dive Loop.

In addition to that, a somewhat crappy Mack "Family" Coaster joins the party in the LSM Blitz's park.

EDIT: Why isn't it sized correctly? I put width=1000 at the end. :c
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2015

The 1000 has to be in quotes.
    • CommentAuthorBrawly
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2015

I fixed it, it was set to 500 lol. Looks nice so far, though! The roll coming out of the RMC's launch looks a little tight but that may just be because it's at a low-ish speed, I dunno. Blitz looks cool though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2015 edited

Thank you, and thank you. Was it really set to 500? Well then, my brain obviously can't do a task such a sizing a picture correctly. :P It is actually going around 60 KM/H Through that roll, but this was just to show you what I'd have liked out of a launched RMC. It even uses Wood Magic, for crying out loud.

EDIT: Would anyone be willing to test out the blitz track? I can put up a mediafire or dropbox download at anyone's request. I just want some trackwork criticism.