Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

The details are bringing this brilliantly entertaining project together. The countless walkways meandering up the hillside (although it seems to currently lack wheelchair accessibility :p) and the way the coaster and boat ride interact with the surroundings to play an integral part of the lands story, create a human-scaled, romanticized environment that could exist as part of a real Italian coastal city. Please, with all this work, develop a story behind these attractions and buildings. It will aid in adding in so much more character and personality as you further work on the smaller details. Keep up the incredible work.
    • CommentAuthorA113
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2016 edited

Thanks for the recent comments, guys. Been a while since the last update, not to say progress on this has stopped since (albeit, the progress has been really slow).

To keep this update brief without hopefully giving too much away:

-the flume ride has been extended post-drop with a scene similar to Burano, an island just outside of Venice
    -added in bestdani's awesome splash script, which seems to be working okay
    -a lot of the stone textures have been redone and look a little more realistic and scaled properly
    -some of the streets and building compositions are more developed, notably by the vespa loading area. this also includes the addition of some assets such as window awnings and street lamps
    -a new, fourth attraction (ferry excluded) has also been added, to be revealed at a later time.

As always, let me know your thoughts, just wanted to keep the community in the loop.

• CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2016

I feel like the Vespa ride should have at least one moment to take in the view, in the first screenshot, it looks like the track is almost always banked away from the view. For reference, Radiator Springs Racers has that moment right at the beginning of the ride where you peel in front of the waterfall, and the music cues really kind of set it up. Also, really digging that clock/bell tower in the last screenshot
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

Wow! That looks so good! Are you planning on bump mapping some of the stone textures to add some depth to the faces?
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

^^I think the drop into the s-bend fulfills that, if I remember correctly you slow down enough to get a view that way.

But man, this just keeps getting better and better. I love pretty much everything about it. Have you finally got the tram to work?
    • CommentAuthorA113
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2016 edited

@Joseph, the hill before the s bends (as Jake mentioned) provides a panoramic view of most of the town, albeit a different angle than the one in the picture. The fourth attraction, however, may or may not provide the view in question. Sight lines on ride and off ride are integral to the entire parks design, - lot of thought has been put in to what you see and interact with.

@Zergei, I actually tried doing that prior to posting this update but failed, definitely didn't do it right, the textures became blindingly reflective under sunlight. i'll have to try again

@Jake, thanks, unfortunately I haven't figured out how to get it running properly. I'm convinced it has to be in scripted mode but I'm not sure how to set it up so it reverses direction at the second station and reset. (i will have to probably procure somebody else's scripting knowledge as i currently posses none)