Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorCoasterdude
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2015 edited

Hey there,
    haven't been on here for a while. Hope everybody's doing well and seems like i missed quite a lot!
    Well, i found some time the last couple of weeks to revive 'S.T.A.L.K.E.R.'.It's still not finished especially concerning the Supports but for now, i got this along with a new YT channel for my future NL2 creations only. Feel free to like, share, comment and subscribe! Tank you

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. TRAILER
    RED FIVE Teaser One

Let me know waht you think :)

DOWNLOADS:
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Current project: RED FIVE
    My only gripe is that your environment didn't seem to fit the tone of the coaster and your music. I think it would have been much more dramatic with clouds or even rain.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKG9
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2015

I thought it looked pretty damn good. I loved the movement of the shots; it was executed well. I do agree that maybe a more "ominous" environment would suit it better, though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2015

I loved the look of the ride. Layout looks good also. I loved the last turnaround into the final roll. The guys above me are right though, this ride screams thunder and rain.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2015

There are not many wing-riders that I like in NL2, but this one if definitely one of them!

As for the envionment, I completely disagree. I'm the kind of guy that think the environment shoud not be part of the theming of a ride. I mean, it's kinda like cheating: it's easy to make a ride look epic with a omnious sky, rain and thunder... but not so easy with a bright sky ; and that's the challenge ride designers are facing in real life.
    It's actually why I love theme park so much ; otherwise I'd be into cinema and CGI (well, I do too).
    •  
      CommentAuthorviking86
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2015

That was awesome! Great layout, good combination of being unique while keeping a highly realistic feel. The video was also really well done!

As for the enivornment, I agree with KingRCT3.
    10/10 Just for the "Burger Shot", Seriously though it looks fantastic.
    Thanks for all your thoughts! I have to admit that i thought about the environment a lot myself. I'm kinda torn between both sides. On the one hand it would really add the little extra to the overall Impression of the area. On the other hand it looks like a nice saturday morning at any themepark at the moment which is maybe a more realistic scenario. No one of us wants to visit a park when it's pouring like hell right? The rides would be closed anyways! So, i really don't know at the moment. But just to try it out, does one of you know a good source for cloudy/ ominous skyboxes? Would be great if so.

Ok so lets move on to a small update:

I'm trying to add some much needed detail in some places. Everything you see is rendered at the moment which leads to a little help request. Would someone be so kind and willing to turn the two types of lights you can see in the following renders into actual in-sim lights? I would really appreciate it credit will be given of course!

•  
      CommentAuthoriSatnav
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2015

Lights are relatively easy. Go into the SCO editor, the lights tab and add a light. Under the "Spot-light" bit, there are a set of X,Y,Z coordinates that you need to mess around with to get the light in the correct position relative to the scenery object. I believe that the light only shows outside of (1,1,1) so, if it isn't working, that's why.
    • CommentAuthorBrawly
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2015 edited

Oh god those suspension coils.. this is looks unbelievably good.

Edit: Having just seen the video.. Amazing coaster. The shaping looks great and the layout is phenomenal and super realistic. The interaction with the scenery is great as well as well as the actual scenery. Very impressive, can't wait to download.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2015

Billy Approves.

No but seriously, this looks really good so far, I'm really looking forward to the outcome of this project :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorCoasterdude
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2015 edited

^^ They are more like powerline insulators. At least that's what i was aiming for. But thanks :D

I went a little further with the details work yesterday evening and did this:

^ added some maintenance cranes

^ added cable drag chains and station door guides on walls/ floor. Unfortunately the drag chains are stationary, so they won't move with the track switching to the storages.

EDIT: Almost forgot that i wanted to show you those. Some of the views you get walking the queue are kinda cool. And there are plenty more.

Hey,
    since i never showed you the following, I figured some people would perhaps like to see this:

Have a nice Weekend ya'll!
    Wow! I really like the layout! Especially the airtime hill immediately after the first drop.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2015

Solid layout, this is really an eye-candy.
    Thank you!

Okay, two things: ( please note that it's still very much WIP)

^this and this:
    Right side POV
    Sorry for double posting but i can't really hold this back because tomorrow' s the big day for me as a huge STAR WARS fan. So may I introduce:

RED FIVE:
    I wanted to do a STAR WARS themed coaster for years now but never really knew how to set the scene for it. Endor, Hoth, Dagobah or Tatooine? Seeing the recent expansion for STAR WARS Battlefront called 'Battle of Jakku' I immediately knew: This is it! The games' map looks just epic so I wonder how the movie scenes of Jakku will look like.
    Anyways this is actually the first time I'm trying to design a ride around an existing idea. All scenes i created untill now were built around a given layout which kinda determines what to do with the scenery. I really hope to achive a comination of both layout and scenery work during the developement process of that area to get kind of a unity. To be honest, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. for example is a solid ride/ scene in my opinion but i didn't truly get it where i wanted it to be.

Work starts early 2016 after releasing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. . Until then I'm gonna have to do a lot of research such as finding proper 3D models to LEARN from. Textures will be a big deal as well. Maybe even learning some Blender to have the options of advanced texturing such as bumpmapping. Blender could also be very useful for rock and terrain work... we'll see.

Feedback about the logo is highly appreciated but please ignore the background dunes and sky. It's just to make the logo more visible than on transparent background.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheDarkStar
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2015 edited

I believe Red Five would be a better suited name to a ride themed around the destruction of the first death star, being the callsign of Luke Skywalker in that scene. I think the Battle of Jakku themed ride should have a name based off something or someone from either the game update or new movie.

Sorry about my Star Wars nerdness, but I do love the logo!
    I see your point here DarkStar and you're right. I thought quite a lot about this... I know Red Five was Lukes callsign and we'll see tomorrow if it even still is... we don't know yet. But i just thought for myself it would be a nice idea to bring the red leader and his squadron to a battle close to a planets surface where you have a lot more potential to theme a ride. A battle like Jakku. Because if you would set this at a death star scene it would be more of a darkride or indoor coaster thing and that's definately not what i want to do here. Please remember that this is still going to be a scene that could easily be found at a theme park so maybe there will be a few compromises concerning the sagas story and background.
    I hope that you can underatand my point as well and may the force be with you.

Pssst, and from one nerd to another: I knew this would cause some problems. Star Wars simply is a highly controversional topic :D
    No problem ;) I see your reasoning behind it! Enjoy the film. I'm seeing it on Saturday. How about you?
    •  
      CommentAuthorminuseven
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2015

I'm not Coasterdude but I'm seeing the first showing at my local theater tomorrow evening. I cannot wait!

Sweet logo Coasterdude!
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

Jar Jar Binks the ride
    23h and 45mins untill i start crying by hearing the title song ❤ I'm as well seeing the first show! Have fun watching it guys!
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

Jar Jar Binks is the Sith Lord
    •  
      CommentAuthorminuseven
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2015

So that was purty good.
    Download is up a little earlier. Head over to the exchange.
    Happy new year!

Coasterdude
    about that

https://gyazo.com/dfc9bf93147b86898776f1ed6bf161f4
    •  
      CommentAuthorlamewad
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2015

It's working for me. Can't wait to see what you've done!
    • CommentAuthorMikey714

when ever I hit the download button on the exchange page it says server error
    • CommentAuthorMikey714

try putting it on a media file
    •  
      CommentAuthorJack
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2016

Yeah, getting the same error as others :-/
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

Same here, I'm not able to download it, may I suggest putting it on google drive?
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

I get this

http://nolimits-exchange.com/download/9602

and a white blank page.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCoasterdude
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2016 edited

Dang. I'm sorry about it but i have no clue what happened. Seemed like a normal upload yesterday exept for that i couldn't acess the forums for quite a while getting that same server error. Is it possible this is somehow related?

I'll figure out a solution.

EDIT:
    For now i only have this: http://www.mediafire.com/download/bd5gm88fvtt33m7/S.T.A.L.K.E.R..nl2pkg
    Tried to upload it to the exchange again but same error appears....
    What an excellent project.

This is a park that I can see myself revisiting a number of times. It's a beautifully presented park, you can tell a lot of time and effort has been put into it. You've put in a huge amount of details in everything, from the loose articles left on the ground to the track sensors to the drains in the paths. I laughed when I found the easter eggs. I thought it was really clever to use golden cypruses in the walls, it added some greenness amongst the concrete.

Personally, I would have gone without the mannequins that represent staff, I don't think they're necessary, but that's just my opinion.

I also noticed that you've double faced quite a lot of scenery, was that on purpose, or by accident? I've had it happen to me in sketchup loads of times (did you use sketchup to make this? If not ignore this whole bit). It's happened to me when I've accidentally tried to paint a texture onto a closed component, and what that tends to do is paint all of the blank faces of the component with that texture, including all of the blue "under" sides of the texture.

This is easily remedied however,
    simply select the 'Set Material to Paint with to default' button in the materials window.
    Then select (but don't open) the component, and paint a blue under side.
    This should then return all of your double painted back to the original blue/invisible when exported.

The layout of the coaster is well thought out, with some interesting elements that take advantage of the wing design. I love the figure of 8 element and your sort-of pretzel knot, and the end inline is perfect. It maintains a good pace too.

The only criticism I would add is that I think the A frame supports on the lift are too wide. The bottoms stretch too far away from the top, if that makes sense. You could bring them in much closer while still maintaining enough room underneath for the track.Taking a look at other examples of similarly sized wingcoasters, you could lose two or three of the lift supports, as it's pretty oversupported at the minute.

All in all, it's an excellent project, well done and thankyou for sharing it with us. I'll be excited to see what is 'Under Construction'.
    •  
      CommentAuthorzampano

Looking very nice, I'll make sure to spend some time in your (piece of a) park in the next few days when it's hopefully a little less busy :)

Just coming from my third round of star wars VII, I'm more than excited to see what you will come up with, since the logo/teaser is already looking amazing!
    • CommentAuthorInkyz
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2016

Wow, what an incredible project. The trackwork is practically perfect, the scenery is so immersive, the supports are incredibly well done. The layout, in my opinion, is the best we've seen in NL2 so far - it combines everything enthusiasts would like to see in a wingrider but in a unique way, and I love it. The queue is definitely worth walking through slowly as you get to see the precise details you've put into it - the drains, the cups, these minor details all add into one great experience.

All I'm going to suggest is area music. It felt as if it was lacking an intimidation factor and a fitting soundtrack would do just the job.

Overall, though, very well presented coaster and I'm looking forward to whatever you produce next!
    • CommentAuthorole
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2016 edited

This coaster and scenery is really awesome. Too bad the download is broken so it does not get the ratings it deserves.

Unfortunately all the scenery is double sided and flat shaded. Both a big performance killers. Especially double sided polygons will effectively double the amount of polygons for no good reasons. Only some fences and the flag need to be double sided, for all the other objects there is no need to have a backside which can never be seen.

Read this: Doubled faces and too many polygons
    • CommentAuthorMGrides

Maybe another tip: NEVER paint a whole group in sketchup. It will automatically paint both sides of the faces, in that group! And you maybe you can correct it or even not. If not, you have to delete the material which is painted on both sides. If that doesn´t work, you´re hit by a sketchup bug and the only solution is to re-import the model, to change the 3D modelling software etc.

I think this is in this case the reason for the double sided faces.

Otherwise,.. i really like this project!!! :D It was a lot of fun to ride, good job!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Yep, definitely one of my favorite NL coaster of all time.

The coaster itself is really good, the layout is realistic, while not being a copy-paste of existing wing-riders. Kudos for that, because wings are about the most difficult kind of ride to create in NL2.

But what I loved above all, is how realistic the whole thing was.
    First, no apocalyptic skybox, not even an overcast sky. Good point, because your theming works even though.
    The theming, precisely. Not too much, but enough to have a storyline and a great immersion. Loved the bits in the queue line, as well as the humorous touches such as the trash around some bins.

Yet above all, what really makes the ride eventually, are all the details here and there: Wheelchair acces, drains, emergency exits in the queue line (and their respective signs), CCTV, waste containers for the restaurant, control panels and electric boxes, maintenance catwalk for the trim, etc. Some of them I'd never imagined to see in a game!

Really, -beside how you made the scenery double-sided, haha -, people should take notes.
    I really liked everything about the ride! It had a really creative layout, as well as realistic but immersive scenery. Loved the easter eggs too. xP
    First of all thank you for the amazing Feedback. To be honest, i thought it would be a lot worse. I dont know why, but when you work on a project this long you kind of start to question the whole thing. At least thats what i did.
    My bad about the double sided faces. I honstly dind't think about it... I'm sorry but i will take care in future projects. If i find patience I'll try to fix the model (or at least most of it because this is one heck of work now) and give you an updated version trying to fix everything you gys mentioned. Again, thanks for your feedback and I'm really glad yoou like it.

Aboout the broken download: I still have no clue what's the problem. Maybe I'm just going to put up a rate file containing the download link!? This really annoys me!

Last two days went into some Intamin shaping 'training'. Stay tuned, this may be a short side project:
    •  
      CommentAuthorCoasterdude
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2016 edited

Hey,
    As many of you already know I started working on some models for Red Five, my new big project. I thought i could show you how I'm planning to pull the scenery off since most of you may not have seen the new 'Star Wars Battlefront' maps I was talking about. So I took some renders of those models and this picture combined with a few hours of work and did this:

It's the first time I did something like this and I'm really happy with the result! What do you think?
    Please let me know if you are interested in a 1920x1080 download version and I'll gladly share it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorangaflow
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2016 edited

This is gonna be sweet!
    That is beautiful
    Hey,
    haven't been on quite a while. Work progresses sooo slow so I'm just gonna leave this one here for now:

You won't guess what this actually is :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2016

It's definitely not Alderaan
    •  
      CommentAuthorCoasterdude
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2016 edited

Hi guys,
    almost two months since my last update, wow time is running.... I just wanted to let you know that this is not dead at all. Work is progressing very slowly but i really want to make sure I'm doing things the way i want them to be. A lot of things are extremely time intense like finding good textures for example. Also modelling is way more difficult than i imagined. Nonetheless I'm very happy with what i have so far. I'm gonna leave just a little teaser below. More to come soon. But please keep in mind that pretty much everything you see is WIP!

Beautiful work thus far. Keep it up!
    • CommentAuthorHarmL98
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2016

Umg star wars themed coaster :D!! Amazing Art work nice little details in the rocks.
    I'm very curious!!