Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorminuseven
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2015 edited

Hey everyone. I've been frequenting the exchange more and more recently, and I've been working hard on a couple new rides that I'd like to show/have already shown a bit.

This past weekend was a productive one for me. I finished two layouts and got started on making one of them look good. First up is an RMC I started because the one I released on my YouTube channel wasn't that RMC-like, per say.

Here's a picture of the layout.

Right now I am working on a B&M Hyper coaster. Here are some screenshots!

So keep an eye out for future updates. Thanks!
    Not really a big fan of RMC's so I can comment on first pic. B&M Hyper looks pretty darn good. I feel that the shaping on the turn around (in 3'rd picture) could be a bit different and shaping looks pretty stretched out (to me). I wouldn't change it though if it rides ok. Turn shown in the last picture I think is super sexy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorviking86
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2015

That B&M hyper looks pretty cool! I agree with the poster above me that the turn around looks a bit stretched, but it's difficult to judge without knowing how it rides. You should reduce the number of flanges though, there are some places where they are uneccessary.
    •  
      CommentAuthorminuseven
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2015 edited

@MattCamMan4s, @viking86: Thanks! The shaping does look a bit strange, but I find it rides nicely. I'll upload a gfy of it when I get home tonight, and we'll see what people think from there.

Matt, here's a gfy of that element if you would like to see it.

viking, got any good examples for how many flanges I should use? I do kind of overuse them, I agree.
    ^Its a beauty, thanks for the gfy. I cant wait to see more of this project!
    •  
      CommentAuthorviking86

^^Best advise I can give really is to look at pictures of real B&M's and study the flange placement. Also remember that there is no need for a flange near the track connector or footer, as there already is a flange at the end of the support.
    I really like the RMC! Although, I think it would be better it the wave turn that goes beneath the lift hill were an outward banking turn since you already have another wave turn and it would make it only to clockwise rotations in a row as opposed to three.
    •  
      CommentAuthorminuseven

@Ajax_Coasters: Thanks! I may look at that, I agree. 3 right handed wave turns is a bit excessive.

@viking86: Thanks, I've taken a look see and I see what you mean. I'll remove the unnecessary flanges!

Now, onto the content.

I was told by BBSpeed26 about a shaping issue with my "turnaround" element or whatever I will call it. Here's the slightly tweaked version.

Now, about my overbanked turn. Taking a look back, the transition from banked to "flat" is somewhat extended, I agree, so I'll look into tweaking it now. But for now, here is the extended form!

Thanks for the help guys!
    ^I think that turnaround is perfect as is. It rides smooth and isn't too snappy. Feels very realistic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorminuseven
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2016

Hello everyone! It's been a while since I have been around, but I plan to get back to work and release some stuff. Back in 2014, I built a large Arrow looping coaster somewhat based on Drachen Fire. I never uploaded a POV of said ride, so I got around to doing that today. So, without further ado, here is Sidewinder!

POV LINK!

This was a while back, so I had some bad habits. Feel free to point them out, but I'm pretty sure I have a grasp on all of them :)

More content should be coming soon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorminuseven
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2016 edited

As promised, if not a bit late, more content is here!

I present Albatross, my first completed ride in over a year. By complete, I mean the layout and supports. There isn't much in the way of scenery of landscaping, but I am so trash at that that I didn't even bother this time around.

I hope you enjoy!

POV LINK!

pretend the mouse cursor isn't there please thanks