Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

I've been on the forum for a while and a user of NL and NL2 for years, but this is the first project I've felt is ready for sharing. Others may come along in the future as I tweak them...but here we go! Wild Mouse!

This is based off Maurer Sohne's "Wilde Maus Classic" model, specifically at Dorney Park. Operationally, I have the ride almost down (source = I worked this ride for a few years). The rest I'm trying to work out in NL2. The track is an import from NL1 that was tweaked and modified, and I'm currently on the supports stage. My goals are to finish up the supports, create a station, (hopefully) a car texture, and release it! And have it freely available for everyone to use in their parks as an "out of the box" coaster. So, on to the screen shots...

Switchback overview

First Switchback

Overview

Feedback is always appreciated! Thanks in advance - Steath
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2015

Wow, looks great! I look forward to using it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani

It looks pretty accurate, I like it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

I really dig the idea of having cookie-cutter designs that we can use in our parks. And your wild-mouse looks great!

Have you set the brakes really hard so the lap-bar smacks your stomach tho? Because that was definitively the case on both Maurer wild mouses I rode! >:[ (at Holiday Park and Oktoberfest)
    Full POV is ready:

https://youtu.be/ncG58rLhOEQ

Supports are 95% done, just need to finish the lift and turn over the station. Station needs to be built, evac stairs added (dreading this!) and hopefully coming up with a flashy Wild Mouse sign! As always, feedback is much appreciated!

^and yes, thighs, meet lap bar :)
    Looks really good.

Posted By: KingRCT3I really dig the idea of having cookie-cutter designs that we can use in our park

I've always liked the idea of those kinda rides existing. I released an arrow double loop double cork for that, and planning on releasing my cyclone style ride when that's finished to.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2015

^^ From the POV it seems as if you could try to make the long 180 turn a bit more circular since it wobbles around a little bit and also the first curve after the following small incline seems to be a bit odd while every other curve felt like a real mouse curve (Did you changed that curve for the POV? It looks pretty accurate on the top view screenshot).
    This is probably the last update before I release the ride - making good progress with the scenery, supports are 99% done. Never made it this far before!

^I tweaked the turn to make it more circular, will upload a POV when finished.

Shouldn't be long until these are popping up in all our NL2 parks :)

-Stealth
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2016

Can you make a portable funfair or kermis version after you release this version? I really could use this for my big underwater carnival.
    Finally released the ride :) see the description for the few scenery items still missing. I don't think I'll every quite get around to finishing it, so here it is!

Wild Mouse