Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

figured id have some fun here so I created a fantasy contest.

Cedar Fair is looking to begin making major improvements to Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom. A new height limit has been set for the park. 230ft max height for all rides.

What they are looking for,

Any steel coaster
    Must have 4 or more inversions
    Must be less than 230ft tall
    no length requirement, make it thrilling.
    all track must be within the blue lines, no supports within the red lines
    supports can be outside the blue lines.
    Make it look visually pleasing as this coaster will be visible from all points in the park.

the template is provided to work with.

EXTRA POINTS FOR CUSTOM SCENERY AND CUSTOM STATIONS.

Dead line is January 4th

Template Link- https://www.dropbox.com/s/vy8pwfwhb2e3vwv/Dorney%20Park%20coaster%20contest%20%282%29.nl2pkg?dl=0
    • CommentAuthorcaptfido87
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2015

sounds interesting but i don't think dorney would ever get approved for 300 ft. it looks to me like its like a maximum of maybe 230. I'd try having it more towards that height instead. also 8 is a lot of inversions for a b&M. this is a smaller to medium sized park. you already have hydra with 7 inversions and a b&m floorless. it would seem redundant in this age to put another similar kind of b&m. For trains you're real only option would be either the flyer, the wing or the stand up. they don't seem to make stand ups any more, and 8 inversions can be tricky for flyers/ wing.

It just seems a bit much for this park. maybe another type of coaster
    That's why I left the option up to people. but I have changed the contest
    8 inversions seems like a lot.
    I just updated it, thank you

yea thats sounds more reasonable for dorney. I know maybe if were another cedar fair, it'd be cool, but you know. I like this now. 230 max height, at least 4 inversions any steel. great possibilites now. I'll try along with the other contest park too.
    thank you cant wait to see what you make
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2015 edited

do you think you could get a straighter flat earth image? this picture is very slanted. Also scaled down too?
    that's about as straight as I can get it

go to either google earth or bing maps and then take a screen shot of the park. boom done. I can take one for ya if you'd like
    yeah can you grab one ill fix it in the park file

ok here it is. I think this roughly what you were looking at. I think you can build something nice in here.
     photo Screenshot 39a_zpstewgkrqd.jpg
    This image is so massively overscaled its impossible to build anything on.

well how much smaller should it be. that's roughly how big it'd show up in the sim.
    Let me attempt to fix it.

ok
    Might've been just mine, but it was scaled to where the image was the ENTIRE grid
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/mrgy9m982rowj1x/Dorney%20Park%20coaster%20contest%20%281%29.nl2pkg?dl=0

new link

whoa it is gigantic. here's a smaller and hopefully better version.

photo Screenshot 39ab_zps03atclih.jpg
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/vy8pwfwhb2e3vwv/Dorney%20Park%20coaster%20contest%20%282%29.nl2pkg?dl=0

hopefully it works
    I am assuming you got mod permission like i did to host this contest...
    •  
      CommentAuthorminuseven

I suggest you put more time into planning out something like this next time dorneyparkfan. It's been a bit of a mess so far!
    •  
      CommentAuthorHLcoasters

i´m in, but waiting how this contest goes on

HLcoasters
    I did have a sort of epic fail on this i apologize about that. Thought i had something good but kinda see that i dropped the ball. Would like to see how it goes with our updated contest.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHLcoasters

i just downloaded the last aviable download link and im working on this contest right now, so i hope im not allone because i like the template , even if it is very big :o
    HLcoasters
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26

Sorry guys - this is a great example of why we ask that you get permission from the mods before hosting a contest. This one could be good, but it's kinda half baked, and it would also seem to conflict with both Coasterguy246's pier contest, and the NL100 contest (sorta).

dorneyparkfan - I've talked to the other staff, and we've decided to close this thread and nix this contest (for now). If you would like to host a contest like this (maybe even the same one, just a little more fleshed out) in the future, message one of the mods with your rules, template, timing, etc. (basically just your plan for the contest), and we'll give you the go/no-go, and some pointers if we have any concerns about the rules, etc. Saves everyone a lot of headache, and results in generally better contests for both hosts and participants.

Thanks