Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTTD03
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2015

Hey all,

I had a thought today and wondered if it was even possible using scripting.

So the way most (if not all) B&M block scripting works for the station is that the operator and at least one other attendant has to hold down the dispatch buttons to make the train leave the station. Additionally, once the train begins leaving the station, the operators have to continue holding down the buttons until the train is completely out of the station.

When the train comes back from the ride, the train will not enter the station unless the dispatch buttons are held down. If they are not held down, it will just stop in the block closest to the station until the buttons are pressed down.

While the train comes back into the station the operators also have to be holding down the dispatch buttons until the train comes to a complete stop in the station on it's own. If either operator were to release the buttons too early, either on Dispatch or return, the train will abruptly stop and the operators will have to hold down the buttons again to get the train into the "home" position or the rest of the way out for a normal dispatch.

So my question is, is this possible in NoLimits? To be able to program the train to not enter the station unless a certain key on a keyboard was held down, and if the key was let go prematurely, the train would just stop wherever it is until that key is pressed again?

If anyone has a clue at this, please let me know!

Thanks everyone!
    •  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas

Using the Script Generator and some modifications to see if a special button is pressed (as long a I know, script can only detect specific buttons), should be possible.
    Even if I have some doubt on it because of the fact that when you "ask" the station to hold the train (center it), I never managed to make it stop before it's finished, the station block didn't give me back the train before it's finished (selfish station..)
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcth
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2015 edited

^
    If I understand you correctly, I did such a thing once: Here. Rock 'n Roller Coaster-like station entering.
    • CommentAuthorTTD03

^ That's kind of what I am talking about but not really. Yours seems automatic. The only was I'd like mine to stop is if I let go of a certain button pre-maturely before the actual "home" position in the station or if the train is dispatching and I prematurely let go of the button before it is out of the station. And as previously said, the only way to make the train move again after a premature stop is to hold down the button again until the train stops on its own or is completely out of the station (on a dispatch).

Thanks for the positive vibe Yedrimas. It'd be great if I actually knew how to script :P

Here's another question. Many rides at Six Flags Great Adventure have horns. When the ride is switched from automatic to maintenance mode, a horn is sounded. And when you switch back from maintenance to automatic, the same horn is sounded again. Would it be possible to be able to script a horn sound to play when you switch from auto and manual mode in the game?

Additionally, a horn is also sounded automatically if a train has stopped on the lift and is starting up again. Would that be possible?

Thanks everyone!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2016

I think all this is possible but as Yedrimas said this maybe means that you've to bypass the internal station handling completely (which would make the 2d station panel useless).