Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorKyle Sloane
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2016 edited

Hey everyone! I'm in the process of making an add-on for blender that exports an nl2sco for your object, with corresponding nl2mat files! It can even handle some pretty complex materials:

https://gyazo.com/bcd4480bdb8ec51aaff38702e7f0da65

In my opinion this addon will be very useful for large scenes with many materials, that way the user doesn't have to set up the bump mapping and texturing for all the materials they have already set up in blender..
    • CommentAuthornSeven
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2016

Complex words for...

NO MORE NL2MAT FILE GRINDING!!!!!!

^Ya that c:

I'm making such weird materials with this already..
    https://gyazo.com/6b9b3ea09a19d3c1aca4c58f48e221c5
    I love you Kyle for making these!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani

I always set the material settings manually but just exporting it from blender's / cycles' settings is a somewhat clever idea, I'm looking forward to test it. Did you also use this method for your global illumination project?
    • CommentAuthorlujach92

Wow, this is an awesome useful add-on. I really hate the whole exproting/ -improting thing from blender to NL and it often takes me several weeks or months untill I feel like doing it. Looking foreward to see this one released!
    Im curious. What is complex? How complex is complex?
    There are different bump maps for each texture on the ball as far as I can tell. That is a pain to do normally.
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm

Damn Dustin, you're going to make me leave 3dsMax... Very useful, as always :)

Posted By: JL NoLimitsIm curious. What is complex? How complex is complex?

https://gyazo.com/4c8e5a7a57c55fb4e6e8cc913f5af352

It was able to export this setup! I will be giving more details on the restrictions later.. Essentially, you can expect to use one textures alpha channel mix between two textures, mix between a texture and a color, and set up a normal map and height map all within blender! It has support for the emission and diffuse currently, and will also eventually support glossy as well in the form of nl2 reflections.

@bestdani

The global illumination was the same principles, just done by hand in the shader core!

^I am familiar with 3DS max, and if I considered it a superior program to blender then I would be writing plugins for that instead :P
    This is even better then the Blender spine exporter!
    ^Hmm, idk about that... It seems that nobody has yet used it to its full potential ;)
    ^ that was my point :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

This is looking really great so far Kyle! I was pretty skeptical at first, thinking it would only support the images themselves. But when you see how all the bump maps, etc get thrown together as well is really awesome! I'll definitely be using this once it comes out. :)
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2016 edited

Posted By: Kyle Sloane^Hmm, idk about that... It seems that nobody has yet used it to its full potential ;)

Wait, did you release the Blender to NL2 track exporter? I don't remember seeing a link in that thread.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm just stupid and looked at the wrong thread. I have a ride in mind that would turn out great with this!
    • CommentAuthorcam135
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2016

Any more news on this plugin. I modeled a lantern for the front of the mine train car and had some really nice textures in cycles. I'd love to be able to get those textures in no limits!!
    ^It depends how those textures work.. are they noise textures? I have been very busy lately so unfortunately I cant give many updates.
    Just out curiosity... Is it going to be possible to import nl2formelem files into blender?

Wish you once more good luck on this project! :D