Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Six Flags China has announced its major flagship ride, bizarro, the worlds tallest launched coaster!

https://gyazo.com/d44c18b389f93e23880b0ea9f7a2afc6

https://gyazo.com/5b04048579c348d858bec312429c4579

https://gyazo.com/1652e156d7df7274d5ac7aa772d5dda5

Official render released by Six Flags

More to be released soon!

-COASTERGUY246

(side note - the ride and its scenario is purely fictional, and should not be taken too seriously. and obviously its going to be released this year and not 2020)
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2016

While the ride looks great, it seems weird that a coaster with the aesthetics of coasters from 2000-2003 (TTD, MF, and SROS) would be coming out in 2020 :P

Additionally, some of those elements may be substantially less comfortable with the rocket trains, as opposed to giga trains. Tough call either way.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

>inb4 another retheme
    Interesting concept. I'm liking the blend of old and new Intamin.
    Looks awesome! However, I expect it will turn out the Joker has been "planning all along" to take over the ride and it will become The Joker in typical Six Flags style...
    • CommentAuthornSeven

Mad Max looks a bit foppish in purple.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

The ride looks pretty good, but I don't like the theme at all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcheetah

Can it just be lightning again that was an ok theme.
    Otherwise though its still cool.
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion

Posted By: TheBeatlesWhile the ride looks great, it seems weird that a coaster with the aesthetics of coasters from 2000-2003 (TTD, MF, and SROS) would be coming out in 2020 :P

I know, right ... :p

-----

Definitely looking forward to this, in whatever form it may take.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRCF

Very interesting, just weird... It seems kind of, meh. We'll see.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

How tall is it?
    ^If I'm not mistaken its 520 feet.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2016

Can you make the tophat like the builders accidentally added in a 1 before the 520? Like a 1,520 foot tall tophat?
    • CommentAuthornSeven

Togo...pls STAHP...

For the love of all that is good, pls...PLEASE...just stop.
    • CommentAuthorBigbad

How about at the end for 5201?
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

All Intamin's should have a support structure like Millennium Force, the supports on that ride are much more aesthetic than structures like I305 imo.
    • CommentAuthorBigbad

More metal=More $$$$$$$

(Why can't music work that way?)
    Helping out CoasterGuy for this project, so I have begin some scenery work!

https://gyazo.com/5349d8153eb6e0833d58ead60d687033
    In classic Six Flags/ Bizarro theming I added the flythrough.

https://gyazo.com/e5ab4be153985c8848939b6fe4eeb5df
    Kind of stuck on what do with station theming so please request what kind of stuff I should do within the station and queue. (Keep in mind the station is a WIP so not all of the bracing is complete.

Large update due tomorrow! still getting a couple things sorted out before I can show what has been going on around bizarro...
    " the skyline will never be the same again"

Stolen words from the first teaser for Wild Fire :D
    honestly didn't remember that existed
    I see what you did there... You can't hide it :P
    https://gyazo.com/a0870b94e1ec1b04a565a16ac46aabec
    someone has got a keen eye ;)

---------------------

so bizarro is no longer going to be a standalone ride in this park! after toying with the idea i decided to make the area around bizarro resemble a DC Universe area, just like SFMM and other sf parks! here are the newly added rides:

The Riddlers Revenge

i should be adding some sort of riddler logo on the area where the chequered flag should be, but still not sure if its a good idea or not

The Joker

Catwoman Whip

Lex Luthor VS Superman

And finally, the classic Batman -The Ride clone (by tallon)

-----

Bizarro has also received some TLC from projektion, it now sports a newer hydraulic launch model, as well as some more accurate sounds (i would upload a demo video but i have limited internet right now)

i hope you guys like the direction the project is now going, and please leave feedback/criticism!

- COASTERGUY246
    Love it Absolutley Love it :)
    Sorry for posting so often but i did mention this

i would upload a demo video but i have limited internet right now

so now im back to having decent internet i was able to upload a video showcasing the new sounds on the launch track

(Click the image)

so its been a while, i have been slowly adding more detail onto the coaster, and the ride itself is now 100% completed, and now has an onboard soundtrack that sounds really well! i have a preview video uploaded that showcases it below

(Click on the image)

I also added bestdani's skyfly to the park so the end of the path didnt look so empty. Introducing, Green Lantern - First Flight!

https://gyazo.com/a4201aeef51ade234ad79634b8b167ad

But, i have now hit a point where the only things left to do are related to 3D work. now, a couple people had offered to help me a while back, but they have either dropped out or cant do anything for me anymore due to them being extremely busy. so now its just me on the project, and its been incredibly slow progress since then, mainly due to the fact i cant do 3d work, and when i have attempted to make a decent model, it really has not turned out well

So if you have not guessed i am asking for help on the project. i know im probably going to get a lot of people saying that i should just buckle down and learn a 3d programme myself, but believe me, i have tried many many times. if i dont get any assistance in the project it will definitely die off, and i really dont want that because of the amount of time i have put into the coaster itself. the 3d work would consist of: a station, a plaza structure, fa├žades and a couple other minor things for bizarro, and for the other rides it would be basic OP booths, signs and a minimal detailed station for batman the ride. if anybody is willing to help, please whisper to me to help keep this project alive

-COASTERGUY246
    •  
      CommentAuthorcheetah
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2016

If you can't find help just revert it back to lightning and it will still be great dude don't be so hard on it.
    I can't help because I suck at 3ds also
    i am considering that at this point, but i am aware that i have rethemed this project like 4 times so far, and i feel like changing the theme again will put more people off the project
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2016 edited

This project is coming out really well, do you mind of we share some models and rides sometime because I'm also making a DC themed park area?
    • CommentAuthorBigbad
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2016

I tend not to like Bizarro as a theme. The giant S on your tower, though, looks awesome.

Someone commented earlier that this should have giga trains rather than rocket. I agree, though not because of the comfort (I fail to see the problem if Maverick is a loved rocket coaster and changes direction every millisecond). I just don't see any need for OTSR.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKG9
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2016

I have seen the ride layout before, but this project is laden with 3DS modeling and great scenery galore even if it isn't close to being finished. From what we have seen so far, it looks AMAZING.

My only commentary would be that while I get what you we're going for with the ride, it does feel as though it's Kingda Ka/TTD, Millennium Force, and Superman SFNE all squished together in that order. I feel had you just done two of the three it may have been less overwhelming, but I am by no means saying it is horrible. I think it's a great ride with great scenery and a lot of potential. I just see it as three distinctly different pieces seemingly all within the same ride.

Can't wait to see the finished product!
    • CommentAuthorBigbad

I don't intend this as an "Okay, hotshot, let's see you do better," challenge, but what would you propose as an alternative design?
    •  
      CommentAuthorKG9

I very much enjoy the first half; I think everything up to the first mid-course is great. Instead of a mid course I would have continued with an airtime hill and then another maneuver into a brake run (think like i305's weird overbook into the brake run).

In my eyes (which really should not matter at all since this is his creation), it feels as though it's wearing too many hats. However, I do think his work is amazing and it should continue!
    @K9G - Regarding the MCBR, its purely there for capacity reasons. the second the train clears the MCBR the train on the launch track initiates its launch cycle. if it had to wait for the train to clear the final brake it would throw capacity right down the drain entirely :P. the reason the second half is how it is due to the fact i wanted the same kind of forces as the first half, making it still feel fast paced despite the trims prior (the MCBR doesn't actually trim the ride)

@Bigbad - the reason i have not switched the trains is for a couple reasons. A. All brakes and drive tyres will no longer animate, and B. The cars have different heart lines. i would probably be more willing to switch them to lab bar cars if there was an option line TTD's setup

@Zergei - is it possible you could whisper some examples of your work to me, maybe i will consider it
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2016

I apologize for bumping this thread, but if you plan on continuing this, I could look into helping out on Bizarro with models and possibly a custom onboard soundtrack! It took me less than a second in to hear that it was the SFNE version, but I personally believe it has more potential with a custom synchronized file. Just some food for thought :)
    After a lot of consideration, I am going to cancel the project due to a multitude of reasons

This coaster started out as a bit of a joke, made for a ludicrous competition run by Omega(BetaCoasters) and DerMuffinMaker way back in 2015. The ride had to be over 500ft tall, have an inversion and have a ride time over 2 mins. I wanted to make a coaster that had a mix of old gen and new gen intamin elements, as well as some minor callbacks to some older intamin coasters (for example, the turnaround after the first hill is supported like Millennium Force). After completing the ride (and removing the forced in inversion after the FBR for the contest) , I decided I wanted to make this my new "big project" since Scourge had been released by then. The original "lightning" theme was fairly basic in concept, and was pretty much just about racing in the desert while a storm was going on. After trying to work out what else I should do for the theme, I then moved the theme to be more Space orientated, with a full preshow room and plaza. Main reason this inevitably fell through was the fact I couldn't model. I tried making the main building for the ride, but it ended up being over-scaled and too tacky. As R100 approached I wanted to enter the ride badly, and made an on the spot choice to switch the theme AGAIN to Mad Max, thinking it would require a lot less work. Needless to say, it really wouldn't have. The project then was doormant for a fairly long time, then I decided to breathe some life into it and do a theme like Bizarro at SFNE for the ride, as some sort of callback to the theme (since it was being changed back into superman that year). Thats when this project thread was initially created, and as time went on the area expanded to be an entire Six Flags DC area. After experimenting with multiple different things, I again came the the conclusion that it was just too ambitious, because in my head I wanted the area to be as close to realistic as possible. The project temporarily dropped the DC theme after Suicide Squad decided to ruin my liking for DC stuff as a whole, and ended up devolving back to what it is now.

Its basically become its own meme in the community because of the many rethemes it went through, and at the end of the day the coaster itself isn't too special. It was made for a contest with some ludicrous requirements, and if designed with no constraints it would probably be a lot shorter, and focus on a single style of intamin layout, rather than jumping between Kingda Ka, Millennium Force, I305, Maverick, Rita and Taron style elements

BUT ALL IS NOT LOST

After some major culling, I have got the ride to a slightly releaseable state, with a more generic setup instead of an elaborate theme like planned

https://gyazo.com/4d2fde35d641aee32d6d6fd6150b5430

To make up for the fact the project basically flopped and didnt deliver what I promised, I am leaving the ride un-passworded, so if anyone feels like customising the ride to their own preference, they can. I have added recolourable Materials to stuff like the launch fins and cable track, Maintenance lift doors on the tower and the Winchhouse Building. I hope some people can still enjoy the coaster despite its setbacks, and I will try not to be so overambitious with projects anymore

Downloads:

NLE: http://www.nolimits-exchange.com/coaster/lightning/10469
    CC: http://www.coastercrazy.com/exchange/detail.php?track_id=21736
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=854039665

TL:DR Project is a failure, Releasing as generic theme with no password to make up for it
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2017

>inb4 retheme
    • CommentAuthorPopFilms
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2017

I think this is a project I'll enjoy a lot. Thanks for releasing it!