Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

After much discussion with a good friend of mine, Intim305. We have decided to create and release a standard park set for No Limits 2. The set is consisted of trash cans, benches, fans, gates, railing, customizable roads and paths, lamps, scale cubes, and control panels.

We are still working on more objects and need your ideas for future additions.

While we don't have a set release date we are trying our best to get this out to the public as soon as possible. Feel free to leave comments and suggestions!

Here are some pictures of the progress we have made!

https://gyazo.com/604d427267384cb46e390561ed2c03b4

https://gyazo.com/ae4c57475df75e6299ab8dd0e2c24e4a

https://gyazo.com/46cb979aac9ea679f155253ad9def51f

https://gyazo.com/1077b12c5efc52d960e23184e0710d6c

Again, we are open to suggestions so feel free to comment below ideas! Thank you all!

-BlaseRhine and Intim305
    All of this looks really good! I think a basic scenery pack would be great addition for the community. However, I'm not entirely sure what those colored cubes are for?
    • CommentAuthorBrawly
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2016 edited

They're measurement blocks
    ^okay gotcha. To kind of piggy back on the road and path's idea, I think it would be really cool if someone figured out some presets for the Light Pattern Creator so we could make custom paths/roads similar to how we currently do RMC rails.
    That is exactly what it is. We used presets and custom textures to create paths/roads. There will be a tutorial on how to use it when the pack is released.
    ^awesome! I've seen it done before but have yet to sit down and figure it out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani

Just an idea: Because I think that I'm not the only one that also has some small random objects resting on my computer that are hardly worth sharing on it's own. How about throwing all our stuff together to create a whole NLE random object pack for NL2. We could create a github repository for instance for all the stuff, so anyone can request additions or improvements.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2016

I was about to make a post asking if anyone wanted me to do up a plug n' play fence set for people to use, but if someone else is already doing something that has fences in it, then i won't worry about it.
    Really like everything you've got so far, looks nice.
    Maybe sometime you could model some sort of set to build shops like in RCT3?
    • CommentAuthormuchwoo

This stuff is awesome!
    Bestdani, Sounds great to me! You can reach me at my email (in my profile) or whisper on here to discuss it further?

We are planning to add vending machines as well as a custom generic station (similar to that of Gatekeeper) that will fit almost all types of coasters. We are still thinking of more ideas.

Toilet, I'm sure we could build a shop set to release as well.

Thank you all!
    Perhaps some non-cinder block, more permanent chain-link fences? I know I personally could benefit quite a bit from these. Lockers for coasters? Spotlights to place at the base of rides? This looks like a great pack so far
    We are trying to come up some generic style fences rather the chain link. Those should be included in the next update. We can for sure to lockers and such as well. We will add those to the list!

Thanks for your suggestions!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlamewad

This looks great guys. Thanks for your work!
    • CommentAuthorBlaseRhine

Of course! :) We love to help the community the best we can! We think this will benefit many users!

Here is the list of what we plan to do so far:

Gatekeeper style station- Fitted to almost every coaster type
    Lockers
    Entrance/Exit Signs
    Height stick
    More types of fences/railing
    Shops
    Vending machines
    Planters

~

While we don't have a set release date we are planning to release this in stages and continue adding to it in the future. Let us know any concerns, suggestions, or comments you may have!
    •  
      CommentAuthoriSatnav

Indoor/outdoor seating sets, maybe, along with a selection of bins.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

There is a real life thing such as that type of vending machine in japan only! I am not so sure about the gun machine.

I think these vending machines should be welcome.

Bananas
    Cigarettes
    Guns and Grenades
    Mystery Boxes
    Gloves
    Umbrellas
    Fast Food
    Eggs
    Kids Party Items
    Batteries
    Beer
    Liquor
    Flower Arrangements
    Coke, Poqari Sweat,WO Monkey Fizz and other Soda
    Muffin In a Can
    Why don't you build those vending machines yourself? Learn how to script, so you can enter a number and it works, do this for all those machines and when you're done come back to us.

I know you can do it, I believe in you, don't stop till you're done with all of those. We'll have patience take your time.
    You want those vending machines? MAKE. THEM. YOURSELF. Seriously. You are literally the only person that fantasizes over a vending machine.
    this is literally derailing the entire thread
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

Moving on, those look REALLY good blase & intim! As a small suggestion maybe some connectable pieces for railings? It would work great for queues.
    • CommentAuthornSeven
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2016

Leave it to a TOGO to create an uncomfortable experience.

Nicely done guys! A generic goodies set is so badly needed to help populate the midway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFüchschen
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2016 edited

Just an idea (if you havn't already did it):
    add an external ride cam for the benches.

The script may look huge, but you only need to add some 3D objects to your model.
    (You can even assign a NL2Material that makes it invisible and it will still work).

So its just copy and paste (if i havn't done any mistakes)
    Its ment to be an user friendly script.
    (Because it automaticly generates ERVs, based on the object elements)

public class add_erv extends Script{

private SceneObject PARENT_SCO;
    private SceneObjectElement[] CAM_ELEMENTS;

public bool onInit(){
    SEATS = object.countSpecificElements(ELEMENTS, "CAMERA");
    CAM_ELEMENTS = new SceneObjectElement[SEATS];
    CAM_ELEMENTS = findAndExtractElements(ELEMENTS,"CAMERA");
    RIDE_CAM = setup_POV(PARENT_SCO, "", assign_POV_Matrix(findAndExtractElements(ELEMENTS, "CAMERA")), 1.0f); //Look at picture 1 and 2

return true;
    }

/*////////////////// ---------> REMOVE THIS LINE TO MAKE IT WORK FOR ANIMATED FLATRIDES AND COASTERS <------------- ///////////////////

public void onNextFrame(float t){
    erv.update_POV(CAM_ELEMENTS, RIDE_CAM, 1.0f);
    }
    public void update_POV(SceneObjectElement[] INPUT_FLATRIDE, ExternalRideView[] INPUT_POV){
    for(int i = INPUT_POV.length-1; i >= 0; i--){
    INPUT_POV[i].setCameraMatrix(INPUT_FLATRIDE[i].getAbsoluteMatrix());
    }
    }

////////////////// ---------> REMOVE THIS LINE TO MAKE IT WORK FOR ANIMATED FLATRIDES AND COASTERS <------------- /////////////////// */

public ExternalRideView[] setup_POV(SceneObject INPUT_FLATRIDE, Matrix4x4f[] INPUT_SEATS_MATRIX, float INPUT_WARP_RANGE, float INPUT_X_ROT, float INPUT_Y_ROT, float INPUT_Z_ROT){ //TODO: Vector3f INPUT_POSITION

ExternalRideView[] TEMP_POV = new ExternalRideView[INPUT_SEATS_MATRIX.length];
    Matrix4x4f XMatrix = new Matrix4x4f();
    Matrix4x4f YMatrix = new Matrix4x4f();
    Matrix4x4f ZMatrix = new Matrix4x4f();
    XMatrix.initXRot((float)Math.toRadians(INPUT_X_ROT));
    YMatrix.initYRot((float)Math.toRadians(INPUT_Y_ROT));
    ZMatrix.initZRot((float)Math.toRadians(INPUT_Z_ROT));
    for(int i = INPUT_SEATS_MATRIX.length-1; i >= 0; i--){

INPUT_SEATS_MATRIX[i].multRight(XMatrix);
    INPUT_SEATS_MATRIX[i].multRight(YMatrix);
    INPUT_SEATS_MATRIX[i].multRight(ZMatrix);
    TEMP_POV[i] = NoLimits.getSimulator().createExternalRideView();
    TEMP_POV[i].setEnterWarpPoint(INPUT_SEATS_MATRIX[i].getTrans(), INPUT_WARP_RANGE);
    TEMP_POV[i].setEnterWarpPointEnabled(true);
    //TEMP_POV[i].setLabel(getFlatrideName(INPUT_FLATRIDE)+" ( Seat "+(i-1)+" )");
    TEMP_POV[i].setCameraMatrix(INPUT_SEATS_MATRIX[i]);
    }
    return TEMP_POV;
    }

public Matrix4x4f[] assign_POV_Matrix(SceneObjectElement[] INPUT_CAMERA_ELEMENTS){
    Matrix4x4f[] CAMERA_MATRIX = new Matrix4x4f[INPUT_CAMERA_ELEMENTS.length];
    for(int i = INPUT_CAMERA_ELEMENTS.length-1; i >= 0; i--){
    CAMERA_MATRIX[i] = INPUT_CAMERA_ELEMENTS[i].getAbsoluteMatrix();

}
    return CAMERA_MATRIX;
    }

public SceneObjectElement[] findAndExtractElements(SceneObjectElement[] INPUT_ELEMENT_ARRAY, String INPUT_SEAT_NAME_PREFIX){
    /////////////////
    // Detect amount of elements

int countUp = 0;
    for(int i = INPUT_ELEMENT_ARRAY.length-1; i > 0; i--){
    for(int j = INPUT_ELEMENT_ARRAY.length; j > -1; j--){
    if(INPUT_ELEMENT_ARRAY[i].getName().equals(INPUT_SEAT_NAME_PREFIX+(j))){
    countUp++;
    }
    }
    }
    SceneObjectElement[] extractElements = new SceneObjectElement[countUp];
    for(int i = INPUT_ELEMENT_ARRAY.length-1; i > 0; i--){
    for(int j = INPUT_ELEMENT_ARRAY.length; j > -1; j--){
    if(INPUT_ELEMENT_ARRAY[i].getName().equals(INPUT_SEAT_NAME_PREFIX+(j))){
    countUp--;
    extractElements[countUp] = INPUT_ELEMENT_ARRAY[i];
    }
    }
    }
    return extractElements;
    }
    }

The Camera elements need to be named "CAMERA" followed by a number (without zeros befor it. Just simple numbers from 0 to ~32000 ...).
    In case of Sketchup: Dont copy the component! This will create an instance instead of an new element. And each element need to be unique!

If you plan on creating animated DAE flatrides, just delete the marked lines in the script:
    "////////////////// ---------> REMOVE THIS LINE TO MAKE IT WORK FOR ANIMATED FLATRIDES AND COASTERS <------------- ///////////////////"
    and by line, i mean the complete line =)
    This will activate an additional method and the frame listener.

DISCLAIMER:
    I didnt test it. It was just in my head, because its late in europe right now and i need to sleep xD
    I check the syntax tomorrow, if something didnt work correctly.

Good night and keep up the good work ;D
    • CommentAuthorole

^ The reason why there is no ERV for the standard park bench yet is that if you have many benches in your park, the loading times will totally suck because for each bench, the engine needs to start a new virtual machine and script. In the next update there will be a new scripting feature which will allow to share the virtual machines among multiple scripts. This will allow multiple scripts have share access to static variables. A nice side effect is that loading times will be reduced. The standard park bench object will have an ERV then, too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFüchschen

^
    Good thing to hear about the new scripting updates.
    Im always more excited about new scripting features than about new coaster style ;D

But as i wrote: its normally used for rides and its difficult to add features to the script, that arn't even released yet.
    I can't just hack your mind only to improve my last post :/

Take your time, and when the update is finished, i'll update my scripts.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

Posted By: BlaseRhineOf course! :) We love to help the community the best we can! We think this will benefit many users!
    Gatekeeper style station- Fitted to almost every coaster type

It would be a lot more work, but perhaps a simple generic theme set of stations? Similar to RCT?
    •  
      CommentAuthorintim305

^at the moment, having just one station is still in the works from an idea standpoint. the main idea would be having one main building and interchangeable platforms to fit the building, so making more than one building that use the same set of platforms could possibly done, but the main focus now is just to get it working initially.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlamewad
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2016

I'd like to request the following if possible:

Water Fountain
    Bathroom Signs
    Standard Directional Signs
    Statues?

That would be awesome.
    I think a generic bathroom building would also be great. A dummy front would also be fine, I don't see any reason why we'd actually need to go inside a bathroom in the sim hahaha
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2016 edited

To see the "out of control" toilet?

http://www.engrish.com/2008/10/should-have-never-put-wheels-on-that-throne/

But first you have to see the toilet man!

http://www.engrish.com/2013/08/now-thats-a-man-toilet/
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2016

When will this be released? I'm actually very excited for this!
    We are aiming at sometime this month for the first version! Originally we wanted it out March 1st but modeling takes some time therefore we had to push the date back a bit. We will keep you all updated on release dates when we feel we are ready :)
    Hey... insane thread bump here. I was scouring the forum for a chain link fence object I could use, and this was the best thing I could find. Unfortunately, you never seemed to release the packs! Is there any chance you could, or at least just have a download link for the fence? Either that or if there is another one currently available for download, a link would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Funny you should bump this, i could really do with a good chain fence right now too
    •  
      CommentAuthorintim305
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2016

here's a download for the current version and probably final. Neither of us have worked on this in months, but this has a few useful things in it. Hope it helps
    Awesome. This will be much easier and more fps friendly than hand-making them out of supports... thanks again!