Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2016

Whats the track length? Like 15,000 feet long?
    • CommentAuthornannerdw
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2016 edited

That graveyard picture is legitimately terrifying. XD

Hope they keep that grass mowed... and no animals decide to walk under the track, lol.
    • CommentAuthorMilBee

This project looks absolutely unreal and I will be following this one to the end. Keep up the good work but more importantly, good luck on your finals.
    • CommentAuthorThrill Lab

^This. I'd also like to say that this project looks absolutely stunning especially on such a large scale.
    •  
      CommentAuthorzampano

Insane in such a good way!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTms_XD_15

wow, what the thell is it with you and stories to your coasters? xDDDD
    anyway, looks pretty damn awesome so far, excited to see more
    • CommentAuthormuchwoo

This project is stunning!
    I really like the theming you are working on and the layout of the ride, can't wait to see more!
    • CommentAuthorThrill Lab

Yes I can't wait to see how all the track pieces tie together and form a full layout.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrBassdirt
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2016 edited

Haha thank you guys! "Insane" is what Im going for ;P.

@Zergei, @nannerdw: Heheh glad you guys like it. Ive been wanting to put this element in a coaster for years now. It pulls about -0.5g's so it's less like RMC's stalls, which are mostly weightless, and should feel more like the apex of Full Throttle's loop (a hanging sensation where youre coming out of your seat a bit). And lmao nannerdw yeah i can already picture a small woodland creatures getting smacked by a train. That whole area is fenced in and surrounded by cliffs so there should be little risk of that. Maybe birds. This ride isnt situated in a park, it exists in its own world, so Im not going to be as meticulous about it as i would if it were real.

@Togo: the ride is a little less than 10,000 feet long (which i have mentioned several times now if you read my previous posts ;P)

@MilBee: hahah thank you, 6 years of school really makes one just stop caring at a certain point lmao.

@thrill lab: Yeah i have to fight the urge to post an overview shot of the whole layout. Gotta have at least some surprises when the ride premiers right? :P

I have a few questions: first, is crazybump worth the 50 bucks? Are there good free alternatives? Second, is the only way to make the interior of a building look darker to make the actual textures darker? I cant choose to "dim object" because the entire castle is a single 3d object.
    Either seperate out the interiors into a second object, or create seperate, darker textures for the interior shots.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2016

Crazycoaster is correct, you'll need to separate out your interior walls from the exterior walls. The outside can be a shell. Interior walls deep enough will get the flag for no lighting and it'll show up as you want it. Remember to also flag the track and supports with virtual tunnel.

And you'll need to hide a Loopy in there somewhere.

-Ride_Op
    Crazy bump is not worth it. I generate them with blender
    *ahem* here I come necroposting as a mod... don't mind me...
    Any updates Mr. B, or is this summer busy for ya?
    And thanks to AJ here bumping the thread after I got back on the forums.... Oh my god. I was gawking at this thread for I don't know how long. There really is no way I can describe how incredible this thing is. The track elements and how they constantly and seamlessly interact with the scenery is truly unique and innovative. You are a true blessing to us coaster nerds lol. I hope you one day do make it into the amusement industry and make your dreams a reality.

... sappiness over. sorry.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrBassdirt
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2016

^ Thanks so much man, I appreciate that. You're too kind.

@Aj: Haha that's okay I'm flattered by your necroposting. Yeah unfortunately my summer has been crazy busy between grad classes and working for a construction company so Ive had literally zero time for no limits. Here is what little progress I've made recently though:

• CommentAuthorInkyz

Omfg. Incredible.
    Holy balls! That is awesome!
    Again, insanely awesome. But if I was to suggest something: On the element that holds you upside down right along the ground, I trust it passes the clearance test, but I would change the ground directly under the track to dirt, woodchips, etc. Just anything besides grass, because if you skip trimming that for even a day you're gonna have people plowing their arms through it lol.
    If people hit it with their arms you don't need to cut it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

Jesus, This looks so good! Some parts are hard to tell from real life, and overall you have yourself a very nice looking coaster so far. Great work!
    ^^Ah, didn't think about that.
    • CommentAuthorMr. E

A couple of those footers look like the beam would interfere with the bolts, but other that that, perfect.
    • CommentAuthornSeven
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2016

I adore the graveyard inverted stall...such a powerful image.

Those of us trying to apply realism to this ride...I'd say let's just let this one pass. Enjoy the virtuality of it.
    WOW! Simply Amazing. I have a lot of work to do to make something that awesome.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrBassdirt
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2017

Hey guys, this project isn't dead! Actually quite the opposite. The city (the largest portion of the project) is nearing completion and I can see this being done this year. It took literally all of break just to get like half of my textures bump mapped. Yeesh. This is what it's looking like now. Certain areas are starting to take their final form which is very encouraging!

Let's see if I regret posting overview shots later :X

The modelling on this is just stunning! One thing i think you might want to change is that 2D fence in photo 12 to the new fences from the update pack
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

I didn't recognized your project at first when I saw it on Facebook, you definitely stepped up your game. ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorzampano

If the layout is only half as good as the surrounding, this is gonna be absolutely killer!
    • CommentAuthorMr. E
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2017 edited

Looks stunning as always and the new engine makes it look even better.

Edit: You seem to be missing textures in Pictures 9 & 13. Also I just noticed, in picture 18 that water texture looks a little off.

Also, nice to see you back around, again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrBassdirt
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2017

Thanks guys! I realized I hadnt shared like any city shots on here so I hope I didnt overload it lol.

@coasterguy: yeah i totally agree. That sketchup fence is hideous lol. But the NL fence doesnt curve ;__;

@mr. E: Thanks for pointing that out. However, most of what you see (maybe 95%) is incomplete, so I wouldnt look too into these screens lol. Theyre just progress shots. And that "water" isnt water, its sewer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

I would say bump map it but I can feel the crash already
    Epic stuff!
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles

A tip for the sketchup fence; select the texture, then turn its brightness all the way down. This turns the fence black, removing the horrible white edges.