Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorBlaseRhine
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2016 edited

Welcome to the 2016 No Limits 2 CoasterCrazy and NoLimits Exchange Tournament hosted by CoasterCrazy.

https://gyazo.com/c1db943354a0aef694f2f5c3c51b0be6

So what exactly is the NL2 Tournament?

The 2016 CoasterCrazy No Limits 2 Tournament is a contest that is consisted of three rounds hosted by CoasterCrazy. To make it to the next round you must use your skills and creativity to pass the previous round. The catch is that only a few people make it to each round. There will be deadlines and curveballs thrown at you during this contest. Only the best of the best make it to the final round and only 1 will be announced a winner.

How do I enter?
    You enter by typing "I'm in" on this thread. Your username will then be added to a list of other users who have also entered.

Can I drop out?
    Of course you can. Just know that each round is designed with that certain number of people. If a person drops out there may be extra or less work on the others he/she is competing against.

How do I submit my entry?
    You will submit your entry via email. The email that you will send it to will be released at a later date.

When does the contest start?
    The contest starts Monday, February 22nd. 2 weeks from today.

What is the prize?
    The winner will receive an actual coaster wheel, tons of points donated to your coastercrazy account (if you have one), a write up discussing your amazing effort in the competition that will be posted to the homepage on CC, and bragging rights.

I think that is it, am I missing something?
    There will be 3/4 judges to judge each coaster. That way it will be in no way biased towards anyone. This is a challenging contest but will be fun for everyone. This contest will also be posted on CoasterCrazy as well as the hosting site. There will be dead time in between each round for the judges to judge the submissions as well as decide who is moving forward and who is not (this dead time will be about 2 weeks).

What are the submission dates?
    All submission must be due by Midnight EST.

Feb 22nd-March 9th (First Round)
    March 21st- April 6th (Second Round)
    April 11th- 25th (Final Round)
    Judging ends May 1st

*Submission dates are subject to change if needed.

Well that sums it up!

If you are interested in joining and have any more questions feel free to ask on this thread and I will do my best to answer them! Let the games begin!

Link to CC thread: here

Contestants:

Plantoris
    NL2DUDE
    coasterdave
    Coasterkidmwm
    herman116
    MagnumFreak2
    Her0ofLime
    Dapalm
    TylerStewart
    American_Coasters
    Inkyz
    COASTERGUY246
    ggddffhh
    Mrcrolly- Dropped Out
    HLcoasters
    UncleArly
    CKidd
    IntaLSM
    UtahCoasterRider- Dropped Out
    afro85
    highthrills2
    deere839
    NemesisRider- Dropped Out
    lamewad
    iCoaster44
    xaenkytonk
    Orpheus
    AceDFe19
    rct800
    mkingy
    geek87de
    rcdude
    Roller_Coaster_World
    coasterfrk85
    Thrill Lab
    scottaroo4
    Brian Sanchez
    Pearman
    LuckyK
    Changa
    TheDarkStar
    Donidia
    The_Coaster_Team
    intim305
    Bolt789- Dropped Out
    TheCodeMaster
    SuperChecker22
    Gk2B
    Dirk_Ermen
    CoasterMac305
    CG Coasters
    jpaufsc
    JAMMYD778
    jdmi012
    TheCoasterMan589
    zacattack1104
    DerMuffinMaker
    glions33
    monster14042
    Jonny Richey
    Turbo- Dropped out
    JetPulse
    toiletalker26
    mrfeeny
    nolimiters
    SwedishCoasterFreak
    Basilisk
    Olmisery
    DKCF
    Nemmel
    mrfatguy227
    yakbird
    owen9h10
    Rctortigos74
    RCF
    Coasta101
    velhohoho
    Track
    purplechicken
    rjwilson23
    TriNationalism

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For Round 1 rules please go to page 2.

Good luck!
    im in
    • CommentAuthorInkyz
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2016

I'm in!
    i will give it a go
    •  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh

I'm in,hopefully I will have enough time
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

I'm all for it, I'm in.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHLcoasters

Im in !
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

Sounds good, I'm in.
    •  
      CommentAuthorIntaLSM

I'm in.
    I'm In
    • CommentAuthorarktic2

im in!
    I'll give this a go providing I have the time. Bear in mind we also have the Remixed contest being held at the moment :)
    Whoa, thanks for using X: Reborn as the background! I wish I could commit to joining, but I don't have any time between school and work. It looks like an awesome contest though, I'll be sure to follow the results.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlamewad

I am in!
    I'm in!
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2016 edited

Posted By: TheBeatlesWhoa, thanks for using X: Reborn as the background! I wish I could commit to joining, but I don't have any time between school and work. It looks like an awesome contest though, I'll be sure to follow the results.

Of course! Since the contest is hosted by coastercrazy, We had to come up with a ride and picture that was posted on that site as well as a ride that was on this site as well. X: Reborn came to mind first!

All names have been added to the contestant list so far, If I missed you please let me know!

If you have not signed up, what are you waiting for!? Do YOU have what it takes!? Be sure to join now!
    • CommentAuthorrct800

I'm in.
    I'm in
    • CommentAuthorThrill Lab
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2016

I'm in
    • CommentAuthorgeek87de

i hope this year's template in the final round is not as crappy as it was in 2014.

There actually will be no templates... yep, you heard right... none. There will however be many restrictions as well as "curveballs" during the tournament. Trust me... It will be challenging. I have already done the tournament to make sure each challenge does work and have given myself time restraints similar to what you all will have.
    • CommentAuthorgeek87de

sounds great :-) i am lookin forward to it.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Can I be in and make a really rough 6 ring Chinese Knockoff coaster like a Hebei Zhongye Metallurgical Equipment Manufacturing Co., Ltd coaster? I can make the roughest and most painful knockoff 4 bad coaster with many rings.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPearman

I'm in!
    I guess I can try, but don't expect results xD

I'm in.

All contestant names have been updated to the list! If I missed your name please let me know asap. Thank you!

Wow! Already 42 contestants have joined!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDonidia
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2016 edited

Im in..

Ill try my hardest to join in but I work full time and also party most of the weekend.

Added you to the list!

Also, CKidd on CC asked this question...

"So, what happens if the person who wins has an account for the other site, and not here, how do they receive points? What if we have accounts here and not there, how can we see what the other competitors have made? I'm just curious how this cross site thing will work."

Just to clarify this is what I responded back.

"The results will be posted on each site. We luckily have a mod that works on both sites and can manage that for us. Since the tournament is hosted by CC if they do not have a CC account they have the option to make one or opt out of receiving the points (Not sure the exact number yet- depends on how many people end up submitting and such. It will be more than I have ever given out though so over 10,000 points). The write up will happen on both sites (CC will have a homepage write up) as well as Social media and on each thread.

At this time the way the tournament is set up, you will not view other peoples submissions however if you have a question on judging then we will be more than happy to send you the track files along with a discussion on why this track has won over yours. The judging to move on for each round will consist of a list of who is moving on as well as pictures of the coasters and a very brief write up discussing the track and the scoring. Hope this helps!

We are also discussing the idea of getting an actual trophy... However we are not sure if this will be the case due to the fact of cost/shipping/etc. "
    •  
      CommentAuthorAJClarke0912

BTW, it's usually best to seek approval before running a contest here, especially if it could be used as advertising for another site lol. It's just one of our site rules. Seeing that you have a great start here we won't interfere. :)

While the points gift would work on CC, it would be nice to see a more neutral reward for everyone involved. That said, you have an amazing list of participants - I'm interested to see where this goes! So two things:

1. Run by us next time.
    2. We don't allow advertising, so don't lower a great contest to that level.

Thanks!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorintim305

I'm in

Just for you all to know, first off my apologies for hosting the contest without double checking... Still a bit new to the site so I am still learning all the rules and all that fun stuff. I spoke with AJ (whispered him) about the contest and the tournament is all clear. So the tournament is still going on!

The first round begins February 22nd! Be sure to sign up if you haven't already!
    I mean it's not a big deal really, we just want to have things cleared by first so we don't get drowned in contests like last time. And if we had hundreds of them requiring registration on a variety of websites, what's the point?

Yours is fine, it's just a matter of staying on top of things.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2016

Posted By: BlaseRhineAlso, CKidd on CC asked this question...

"So, what happens if the person who wins has an account for the other site, and not here, how do they receive points? What if we have accounts here and not there, how can we see what the other competitors have made? I'm just curious how this cross site thing will work."

"The results will be posted on each site. We luckily have a mod that works on both sites and can manage that for us. Since the tournament is hosted by CC if they do not have a CC account they have the option to make one or opt out of receiving the points (Not sure the exact number yet- depends on how many people end up submitting and such. It will be more than I have ever given out though so over 10,000 points). The write up will happen on both sites (CC will have a homepage write up) as well as Social media and on each thread.

I think this is a little unfair. Basically, if you win and want the recieve a prize, you have no choice but to register an account somewhere else. Sure, they prize isn't the be all and end all, but it is a nice little bonus.

Could you not think of something else that both sites could benefit from?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBolt789

I'm in, I need a good excuse to get back into the sim.

Hope I can make time, I'll try my best
    count me in.

Posted By: UncleArly
    Posted By: BlaseRhineAlso, CKidd on CC asked this question...

I think this is a little unfair. Basically, if you win and want the recieve a prize, you have no choice but to register an account somewhere else. Sure, they prize isn't the be all and end all, but it is a nice little bonus.

Could you not think of something else that both sites could benefit from?

I was speaking with Oscar, the site owner, about the possibility of the winner actually receive a trophy for their efforts. I agree that I need to find something good for both sites, so right now the trophy is a good idea. We are discussing costs right now. I will keep you all updated on that. It should be no problem...
    I guess I'm in. I may have to drop out if school work gets in the way, but I'll try my best!

51 contestants so far! Wow! What a turn out!

As I stated, I am in the process of finding a better prize that is both site friendly. Right now, we are looking at costs for an actually trophy/coaster memorabilia. I will keep you all updated on that aspect of the tournament!

Can we get 60 contestants by the start of the contest on the 22nd!? Join now!
    Over 50 entries, you better have a trophy :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc

I guess I'll jump in as well. Hopefully things won't get too busy.
    Maybe a t shirt?
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

Yeah, doesn't need to be anything fancy or expensive, just something that someone who doesn't want to to register on another site can benefit from.

Yeah I am still currently thinking of ideas. Right now we are leaning more towards a trophy of sorts. We have emailed several companies regarding pricing and I just have to hear back from Oscar, CC site owner, about everything and then once we agree on something I will let everyone know. I can promise you it will be something really awesome! :)
    I'm in.

Maybe I need to drop out if school work gets to busy, But I think I am able to do that :)

Oh and do I need to write I'm in on the thread on CC? Its the same name ;)

No need! Already added you on both sites! :)
    ^great :D only 2 more and we have 60.
    • CommentAuthorOrpheus
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2016

I entered on CoasterCrazy as Yungster but I'd prefer to compete under this alias. Can that be changed? Thanks!
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2016

Yeah of course! :) Both sites have been updated!... also the prize has been determined!...

The winner of the tournament will receive an actual coaster wheel. Yes, that's right... an actual coaster wheel that will be shipped to you along with everything else stated.
    It'll be tough to squeeze in time but what the hell, I'm in.
    • CommentAuthorOrpheus
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2016 edited

That's so cool! Can't wait to see how quickly I get eliminated lmao

(also, thanks for the quick response!)