Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorSvatlas
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2016 edited

Posted By: nSevenI showed this project to a potential client to illustrate how immersive NoLimits 2 is to virtualize a park-going experience (the sound fx walkthrough) - He was VERY impressed. If we get the bid, I'll have to cut you a check ;)

Thank you for making such a beautiful project.

Wow that makes me proud now. I hope it is a big deal *joke*:) That motivates me a lot. I really hope you get the deal because NL2 is just amazing and stable. I wish I would have tried it much earlier then I would have saved very much trouble in the past. Here are some new pictures. Its lighttime :)

350 polys 2k preview

Nl 1024 texture

•  
      CommentAuthorSedjuuurd
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2016

oh god that is allot of lights. id suggest baking them for your final output (just to keep fps loss minimal)
    • CommentAuthorSvatlas

It works fine no problem
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2016 edited

You're texturing work is really fantastic! Since everybody has already comented the many awesome things about your project I'm going to tell you what I think could be better.

- The flume supports (and the lamp's posts) are too bulky... I think you could get a much better result if you reduce the width and lenght.

- Everything is too straight... Every structure is placed at the same angle. While this is not a problem with most of the big buildings, as they're placed far from each other, there is one part that could really use some angles and variation, the entry arches. I think you could make a much better entry for such an awesome ride, something more special. Take a look at the way Disney makes the entries of his major rides.

- Place some trees between the rocks to avoid the repetition... That way it will look much better than just using the rocks, which usually ends up being an uniform mass.

- And please, please use a custom environment! It really helps on the graphic aspects. If you don't have one I can send you one of mine.

As you can see most are simple fixes, but it will bring your project from being very good to being absolutely outstanding! Keep up the great job!
    • CommentAuthorSvatlas

Posted By: dapalmYou're texturing work is really fantastic! Since everybody has already comented the many awesome things about your project I'm going to tell you what I think could be better.

- The flume supports (and the lamp's posts) are too bulky... I think you could get a much better result if you reduce the width and lenght.

- Everything is too straight... Every structure is placed at the same angle. While this is not a problem with most of the big buildings, as they're placed far from each other, there is one part that could really use some angles and variation, the entry arches. I think you could make a much better entry for such an awesome ride, something more special. Take a look at the way Disney makes the entries of his major rides.

- Place some trees between the rocks to avoid the repetition... That way it will look much better than just using the rocks, which usually ends up being an uniform mass.

- And please, please use a custom environment! It really helps on the graphic aspects. If you don't have one I can send you one of mine.

As you can see most are simple fixes, but it will bring your project from being very good to being absolutely outstanding! Keep up the great job!

Thank you for the suggestion :)

Point 1

I like the bulk supports and i agree with the lamps. The lamps are a bit to much. I will change it later ;)

Point 2

There is no chance to change it because the track is finsihed and i dont change it agian because it is to much work :) but i keep it in minds for the next projects. Thank you.

Point 3

Thats the next step but ive to check the performance. If ive set all the lights/animations and the performance is good ill add more stuff to the ride but i agree with you.

Point 4

I havent one and ive never thought about it :)
    • CommentAuthorSvatlas
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2016 edited

Thanks for the tip with the environment dapalm. I use the nl mountain env now. Its not custom but i havent found a good one with big mountains.

The ride get a new shape :) Ive missed something all the time and ive found the last puzzle piece :)

• CommentAuthorSvatlas
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2016

Muchwoo has animated the new visitors. Thank you!

https://youtu.be/HkhGLuLZrHM
    •  
      CommentAuthorlamewad
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2016

WOW. This is so lifelike. It looks like an actual jungle. Well done, sir.

• CommentAuthorSvatlas
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2016

Posted By: lamewad

WOW. This is so lifelike. It looks like an actual jungle. Well done, sir.

Thank you:) the next big update is comming soon
    • CommentAuthorSvatlas
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2016 edited

Hi guys,

here is another update. I hope you like it!

8 different canopy´s
    •  
      CommentAuthorBattin
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2016

Looks amazing.
    Can't wait to get my hands on this park :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

Oh my, that water looks superb. Well, everything else also does, so ... ;)
    The scenery is incredibly detailed while keeping it at a realistic/creative/believable level. Great work, Svatlas!
    • CommentAuthormuchwoo

Better and better on every update!
    •  
      CommentAuthoraw555000

This looks incredible!
    The scenery looks outstanding!
    • CommentAuthorSvatlas
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2016 edited

Thank you guys :) New screenshots are comming soon. Ive rebuild many things with a new scenery and more.

@dapalm Ive changed the lamp size ;)

little preview:

• CommentAuthorSvatlas
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2016

Here are some new pictures after a long time. Thats the new minetrain coaster(built by freefall) "Gold rush mountain" . The coaster gets a custom train too(Indiana jones design). The whole park include now: 1x flume ride, 1x rollercoaster, 1x transport train, 1x break dancer (flatride), 1x topspin (flatride), 1x skyfall (flatride). All rideable.

Average fps: min 60-100 max. settings (good pc)

The park runs also good on older systems. The park isnt yet optimized. This also has the highest priority.

WIP

• CommentAuthormuchwoo
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2016

Great work Svatlas!
    The new pics are really cool, I love the theming you are working on.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2016 edited

How dare you making an inverting mine train?

Just kidding, really love the looks of this area. It's great to see someone thinking outside the box and making the seemingly impossible possible. Keep it up!
    • CommentAuthorSvatlas
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2016

Thank you much & baadrix :)

That was the idea of freefall. I saw the rollercoaster and had to have it. It is really fun to ride it :)
    Rmc the minetrain rails. It could be a worlds first tmc minetrain loop de looper (robb alvey)
    No.
    • CommentAuthorSvatlas
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2016 edited

First mainstreet part. disneyland replica

8 seperate canopy´s 1 texture 16 are possible

Amazing! <3
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2016

Fantastic work, this will look amazing in your park, I'm pretty sure about that.
    • CommentAuthorSvatlas
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2016 edited

Thanks SwedishCoaserFreak & Bestdani :)

Thats my second mainstreet building WIP

reference pic

First texture test. 2 texture maps + 1 brick texture

• CommentAuthorDelay
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2016

• CommentAuthormuchwoo

Canopy pieces are really cool and also the 2nd building of the main street is awesome!
    • CommentAuthorSvatlas
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2016 edited

Thanks much and delay: no its correct. The landscape isnt perfect at this spot. Ive deleted again and ive built another pathway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

How far from the boat ride and minetrain will the main street buildings be? It would look weird to have the bright colors in the jungle environment.
    • CommentAuthorDelay

It is possible that it's just part of the geometry around the island, right?
    • CommentAuthorSvatlas

@paradox The mainstreet will be the entrance area maybe but iam not sure. They are not particularly close to the attractionen. thats sure :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2016

^Oh then that's fine. I was just worried that if the buildings were placed too close it could ruin the feel of the jungle area as the contrast would be too high. Are you planning on expanding the park and making different themed areas?
    • CommentAuthorSvatlas

Yes i agree. I'm honest. I have no real concept. Although I have an image in my mind. What is not yet complete :D This is a long dream of mine to build something like this. This is a lot of work to built such a building(modelling,uv,mapping,texturing). I have 3 flat rides "Topspin, Skyfall, breakdancer" now. All rideable. These get even their own themed area and then the mine train, wateride + main street. This is definitely the first part. After that, we'll see ^^ 2017: D I am open to any proposal. I need some good ideas about the pathways :)
    • CommentAuthorDelay

The park really looks amazing. I'm excited for the end product!
    • CommentAuthorSvatlas
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2016 edited

Iam working on the next building.

First window set is rdy min 68-2500tris
    • CommentAuthorSvatlas
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2016

Thats the next building :

•  
      CommentAuthorbestdani

That looks really promising, can't wait to see the final result.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcth

That looks really great. :D
    • CommentAuthorSvatlas
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2016 edited

After a long time.... here is the first pov coaster video:

https://youtu.be/T3ScbK_BDqY

Have fun guys! Special thanks to freefall!
    • CommentAuthormuchwoo
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2016

A really great coaster, good work guys!
    I was just wondering, why do some parts have the woodrn beams and some dont, is it to fo with stress or just aesthetics?
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2016

I strangely love that. The layout is so cool and the environment is super sick, I love the way the train goes right next to the coaster. Awesome ride.
    •  
      CommentAuthorzampano
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2016

Wow, great!
    I'd love to see an offride overview shot :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2016

Besides the FOV making me feel kinda dizzy it is an awesome crazy mine train ride. Great job, guys!
    •  
      CommentAuthorzampano
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2016

Yeah, could have been bigger :D