Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

We are looking to create a perfect replica of Dorney Park in No Limits 2. We so far have progress on thunderhawk along with the biginning of work on the grounds, paths and landscaping. We need 3D modelers, coaster builders, flat ride builders.

We have a good google earth overlay, tons of reference photos and videos. all coaster should be as close to the original as possible. We welcome new ride ideas under the following two conditions 1. they dont interfere with current rides and 2. future additions take precedence.

overlay and all content will be being added tonight to a dropbox link.

if interested please comment what youd like to work on.

THUNDERHAWK-IN PROGRESS

HYDRA-NOT STARTED

TALON-NOT STARTED

STEEL FORCE-Hukk

POSSESSED-Hukk

STINGER-NOT STARTED

WILD MOUSE-NOT STARTED
    •  
      CommentAuthorNemesisRider
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2016 edited

Let me begin with saying that I don't want you to take this the wrong way. But doing an accurate recreation of any park is one hell of a big job, especially if you don't have any 3D modelling knowledge. If you got the overlays that's a good start but you will need lots of scenery and even custom trees if you are doing something like Virtual Towers Online level of detail.

If you can find the people then I very much wish you well. Just wanted you to be aware that perfect recreations are a big job, and a large commitment.

EDIT: Also, scripting flat rides. I don't know how hard it is but I imagine it's a fair bit of work!
    you already made a thread for this a while back

http://forum.nolimits-exchange.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=4565&page=1#
    I had that thread but it was before i learned some new stuff and had everything together like i do now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorhukk
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2016

I'm interested in helping, could I work on Possessed and possibly move on to Steel Force once Complete? Also I could work on 3d models such as buildings as I am experienced in sketchup, however textures are not my strong point lol
    Posted By: hukkI'm interested in helping, could I work on Possessed and possibly move on to Steel Force once Complete? Also I could work on 3d models such as buildings as I am experienced in sketchup, however textures are not my strong point lol

Id be happy to have you do possessed and steel force ill post a link to the park file tonight around 5:30pm est
    •  
      CommentAuthorlamewad
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2016

I would love to give Hydra a try if you don't mind.
    ^Ill put you down for hydra. Resolved some issues i was having with the overlay last night and ill be posting the file.

Staff edit: Please don't quote the post above you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorhukk
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2016

Hey when do you think there will be a link? Sorry I'm just anxious!
    sorry hukk school has been insane i will make sure i have it up tonight.
    Since NL2 has Hydra, this has made me question whether it would be acceptable to include Hydra included with the base package, albeit with slight modifications to increase accuracy. The same applies to the default Invertigo track.
    while some may agree i feel as though it would be stealing the creative work of those who designed those for the game without their permission which is wrong. those assisting on this will be recognized for their work and are willingly giving permission to include it in this park they are helping with.
    I am aware that it is wrongful to steal one else's track designs and claim it as their own. I can recall TCM re-released the default Hydra coaster, but reworked the scenery and released it via Steam Workshop. So your best bet is to give credit to all the users who built each coaster.
    •  
      CommentAuthorhukk
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2016

I think the best bet is to give credit to the creator of the coaster as Gorres Coasters said. However, I do believe that track work should be left alone for these, otherwise if they are inaccurate, then remake the coaster. I know that probably sounds like a lot, but for the level of realism we are trying to achieve for this park I don't think its that much.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4OYVQQ2wfu1eXp6VTMxVTVKeWs/view?usp=sharing