Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2016 edited

Welcome to Zergei's Concepts & Construction page!
    This thread is meant to showcase my newest projects and concepts! I tend to bounce from idea to idea, so please encourage me if I am away from a project which you would like to see finished!
    Thanks for viewing, and have a great day!

Agenda/Ideas/Concepts (as of 9/16/16):

Ongoing
    - Roundup 200 Entry - Details currently unavailable
    - Phoenix (B&M flyer) - started
    - Portable Flying Launch (Maurer X-Car) - designing layout
    - Wing coaster (B&M) - undo heartline and fix track, continue layout
    - Nameless Spinner Design (Gerstlauer spinning coaster) - track almost perfect, support work in progress

On Hold/Questionable
    - Burnout (Intamin hydraulic launch) - reconsidering
    - Undertaker (B&M dive coaster)
    - Maelstrom (B&M mini floorless) - started, basic ideas
    - Werwolf (RMC wooden terrain coaster) - started track - long term project

Concept Stage
    - Small NE Family Park - creating first coaster
    - SuperForce (Superman SFNE/Millenium Force hybrid)
    - Revere Beach Boardwalk (park) - logo created, making ideas
    - Spitfire (some sort of wing coaster) - historical research
    - Modified Zamperla Midi Discovery (extends and swings over cliff) - concept art below
    •  
      CommentAuthorangaflow
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2016

Sounds cool cannot wait to see them!
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2016 edited

Proposed Werwolf Logo

Undertaker Teaser
    •  
      CommentAuthorIntaLSM

*Werewolf
    ^ If it's german it's right xD
    Btw i really like that 2nd teaser.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

Posted By: DerMuffinMaker^ If it's german it's right xD
    Btw i really like that 2nd teaser.

Indeed, that coaster is supposed to be themed to a German werewolf :p Thanks!
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2016

Some ideas I put on paper last period in school B)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2016 edited

And the first progress update on my B&M Dive Coaster, UNDERTAKER!

The trains are supposed to represent church pews, but I'm not sure how to do that... please comment your suggestions below!

The track so far from the station to lift. I wanted to produce the feeling of strangeness from the beginning, using an inversion and a left turn (around 70% of people turn right naturally, so it's a unfamiliar feeling for them). Also, what do you think of the track colors? I want a gothic color scheme to it (this ride might even be sort of steampunk/Victorian), so if you got any ideas, again, tell me what you think

Some possible logo fonts from dafont.com

Please tell me what you think down below this post, I'd love to hear your feedback!
    I really like the second font!
    And the inversion before is de lift is a nice touch
    Certainly do not use the Third one, the H looks like a K. and for logos you'd still want something that is legible.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSedjuuurd
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2016

yep thirth because you could also use the text for 3D logo
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2016 edited

Werewolf concept art from last year, the layout will probably stay the same :) Work starts in a week!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSedjuuurd
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2016

maybe rework the station in final because that smoke tower doesnt lead to anything and is just this really fake thing for the rest it looks really nice!
    •  
      CommentAuthorangaflow
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2016

Interesting concept, looking foward to how this plays out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2016 edited

I think I'll redesign the station, and I'm working on the storyline, which will tell me what the station will be like. In the story, the man with the werewolf thing hides out there, and the rest of the ride is his transformation and rampage through the forest!

Please post some suggestions below, as to theming details and such for the queue and ride experience. Remember it's an RMC running through a big forest on a hill :) Also, it will have a custom onride soundtrack with dramatic music and sound effects!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSedjuuurd
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2016

make a huge mansion as station but also with the queue inside of it and make some simple anamatronics that explain the story while you are waiting.
    ( example is matterhorn blitz from europa park (anamatronics dont explain story but the scene does)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2016

Here's a concept I definitely want to make sometime! It's a modified Zamperla Midi Discovery.
    I'm thinking of adding a Eurofighter that after going off the drop swoops to the side under the ride... It looks so cool in my mind!

Basic model, undetailed preview:

•  
      CommentAuthorKG9

I just found this thread and noticed some things that are similar between the two of us:

1. Have always thought about an RMC named Werewolf/Rougarou
    2. Have always come up with a ride name and then gone onto dafont.com to see which font works for the name and theme JUST like you do.
    3. Have always done layouts, however they're usually really shoddy and done in my class notebooks since, you know, who pays attention in class?

I love seeing the whole design process from start to finish, so this thread is really cool!
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

^ Wow, great minds think alike (even during school)!
    I think this calls for a future collaboration :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

My concept ride from above probably wont invert, but this person loses a shoe or something on the Midi 360 version! I hope when that happens it never hits anyone...
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

Methuselah says hello!

https://gyazo.com/68f486227ebfc93df8dc8c3a40dd09b6
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2016

pit·fall
    ˈpitˌfôl/Submit
    noun
    - a hidden or unsuspected danger or difficulty.
    synonyms: hazard, danger, risk, peril, difficulty, catch, snag, stumbling block, drawback
    - a covered pit used as a trap.
    - my new dive coaster design

The layout seems to be very good, but I still have other things to figure out, such as copying the ride, converting it to a dive coaster, adding a holding brake, changing the train to 6 seats, and hiding the dive track... Not to mention all the other missing things you all know about :P In fact, I just got back on NL2 after a consequence time, so I was so psyched, I just decided to go all out on the first day to give myself a kick start!

Also, I'm not sure how to represent a "pitfall" in theming, so give some of your awesome suggestions below! More updates soon!
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2016

Because I don't have screenshots right now, I'll explain how the coaster is coming along: I didn't have to change the coaster type to make the hold brake work, I fixed an important station blocking issue, I gave the ride its first coloring (grey with rust!), and I started to get pissed by how weird the custom supporting system is.

Also, I've decided to make Pitfall an industrial/apocalyptic themed ride, and if you have any scenery or models you want to suggest or give to me, that would be great :)

One last thing: if you view this thread, please make an attempt to give constructive criticism or praise, because currently I'm feeling a bit alone right now compared to other new projects or members ;=; It really helps me improve, and it won't be too long until I can get my work done faster for you to enjoy! Thank you :D
    Overall, it's looking pretty nice. However, I think the turn into the lift is a bit too banked/banks too quickly. I'm not going to say anything about shaping because I can't shape to save my life xD
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2016

Alright, I was finally able to get screenshots today (this is how far I am right now)!

The layout is the same, but with colors and some supports!

This is actually my first time supporting, ever. It's pretty good so far, but I really need opinions on this anyway!

I'm very helpless here right now, especially because I don't know a lot of things, and I don't have specific landscaping plans!

Give me a hand with supports and such please, it would be much appreciated :3
    • CommentAuthorCraZHadder
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2016

Good looking layout so far. My only concern if you haven't already changed it, is the bank out of the station. Love the color choice of the track too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2016

I think either have the spine get bigger towards the pull out of the drop or have the entire drop and lift the bigger spine. Just looks weird as it is.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2016

Things I did last night:

I fixed the turn out of the station

Thinking about clearance

First train color idea!

I might try to make the lift supports like this (think Baron 1898)

That's all for now
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2016 edited

NEW RIDE! SUPERMAN!

I think the logo will be the New 52 one

I prefer the older one, seen on this oversized Superman picture

Current area plan, and the coaster looks horrible so far ;O; Also, the blue lines are the bridge, and the green are roofed buildings

Inspired by Diamondback

View by the lift, which looks beautiful for sure <3

Some reshaping to be done, I need help for sure!

That's what I've been working on, I feel like taking a break from Pitfall, where I need lots of models. Here, it should be manageable :P Tell me what you think so far as usual!
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2016

I plan to make Superman part of a DC Comics area (not a whole park).
    So I have this question: if you were to make a set of rides themed to the DC Universe characters, what rides would you have, and what would you name them?

If any of you that read this have a small coaster or ride model you'd like to share or make, that would be greatly appreciated, though I'm not demanding anything :3 Thanks!
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2016 edited

If you guys are wondering what I'm up to (probably not), I haven't been on NL2 or any good programs since the night before the Friday before Easter. That's because my computer (newly upgraded to Windows 10) is causing the wireless in the house to shut down! My dad and I have already attempted to fix it, but the first solution failed, and the second is going to be done by my dad but he's really busy, or he just doesn't want to during his free time... Hopefully I'll have it back working fine soon, and I can continue my current project.
    ________
    Speaking of my project, I am still in need of some rides for the park, so if you know of these rides already in NL2 or are interested in helping me (message me or send links), here is what I think I need:
    - Drop tower
    - Flying scooters
    - Paratrooper
    - An intense robotic-feeling flat ride like a ride using (a) arm(s)
    ________
    I plan to release obvious teasers as to the characters being featured in the park, and I hope you guys could give me some tips on park building or anything you think I should include!

p.s. I have a ride being made for me right now, I'll just call it Gotham Transit for now, because I'd like to make it more exciting as the park progresses...
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2016 edited

Since I don't have any ideas for the DC area, no one is offering help on it, and I got my computer back (without internet), I started on a short and manageable project.

A mini floorless, Maelstrom!

Overview and colors

Trains (themed to boats in a storm) and custom station (really tedious!)

Building colors (WIP)

Turn shaping on point!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2016

One big thing on NLE that often annoys me is how some people call their own work perfect one way or another. While your floorless looks OK, it definitely needs some shaping touch ups to achieve the "on point" image you're going for. Especially the drop, it looks underbanked.

Keep it up though, if you put enough work into it and look at enough references then I'm sure you'll get it looking nice. But please, don't simply imply it's already perfect without the additional critique of others.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlamewad

^It's his thread, man. This is a game. Stop making it not fun.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

I don't know why you're being so defensive, It's criticism. If he wants to claim that his shaping is good, then I should have the right to critique.

Who knew criticism was against the rules here.

•  
      CommentAuthorlamewad

Lol. alright man. If you want to call it criticism be my guest. I just think it was a little harsh for no apparent reason. Let it be as it is.
    Where I think that criticism is fine, especially criticism that needs to be made for accuracy's sake, I think where Mrcrolly went wrong was more or less saying "You need to fix it because you said it was perfect but it's not" without offering any specific area of help (other than a phrase on banking)

So here, Zergai, I agree that your drop shaping does need help. Just because it looks heartlined doesn't mean it's heartlined accurately (or comfortably). Try to match how this looks (though obviously yours is mirrored):
    https://gyazo.com/85f62b5fbf1429ba9a413c9cd6d2d904

Comparing your drop to Scream!'s, Mrcrolly was right: your drop is a little too underbanked. Also, maybe don't have it as steep? That is a little more up to you, but I hope this helps.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2016 edited

So I did a whole bunch of work today, and I listened to your (almost all constructive) criticism, and I realized the coaster wasn't heartlined, so the drop is good enough now, and the "snap" is smoother than most others (new-gen floorless, I guess...), but and here are all the pictures I got from tonight! Enjoy!

Custom station is going great! Edit: need to hide the second track whoops!

WIP detailing

I heard you like realism...

Close enough :P

I have to hide the chain somehow

Under the station

Overview! More soon!
    Oh bloody mess, what is that inversion..?
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2016

A handmade dive loop, that just had a stroke. The doctor will be doing surgery tomorrow, they say it's in critical condition
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2016

I really like those details, Zergei! Especially that station underneath, often overlooked.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2016 edited

I have done more work on the coaster (details for the most part), and I made the drop bigger by dropping into a cavern (I'm unsure about it atm) and I don't have pictures right now. I can tell you though that I got that pre-lift mechanism looking AMAZING, and I will need help on getting the "physical fog" to work because I have lots of coasters on the map to make details so it must be confusing the script. Sorry for such a long paragraph with no pictures, but I'll definitely have some tomorrow!

bestdani if you see this could you message me to help with the fog, thanks :p
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2016

I made a logo for a possible side project (I have a major one for Roundup 150)... so here it is in all its glory!

As a fun challenge, tell me what two famous coasters once stood on the real life Revere Beach location! (hint: one is featured in NL2)
    I love that logo :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2016

I've started a new project (before I finish any other one, what else is new?) which is a coaster based upon Euro Express by Intamin. The left side of the lift and airtime hill are against big walls, and the other green lines are just for helping me remember my space. It will be indoors and interacting with various structures, and I actually like how it looks so far, and I can't wait to see it progress!

An overview of what I have from today.

Lol two cars on a big lift...

Here is the awesome ejector hill, you really fly over it (you'll see the forces on it in a bit)

This is the Maverick-esque roll, which is looking aesthetically unpleasant.

If you would be so kind, could you please tell me how to shape this correctly? I'm not quite sure how to make it look right...

Here are those forces I promised on the ejector hill! The transition is pretty smooth, don't you think?

This is how the forces look on the drop, you actually get a bit of air here too!

Something's also weird with the flat turn (banking of course, but the shape isn't right), any recommendations to fix it?

And lastly the station and brake layout!

Hope you guys are excited to see this happen, and please give some suggestions on fixing those things I mentioned above!
    It looks okay so far, but it defiantly needs some work with the radius, which as shown by the pictures above isn't very smooth. I would also start the crest of the lift a bit farther up as it just seems to be occurring too soon. The roll definitely needs some work, the enterance is too spread out and the exit is too flat. Try to make the airtime hill be very proportional as it seems to be a tighter exit than entrance. I understand the layout is something inspired by Euro Express, but it already seems too spread out to be a layout as compact as Euro Express is. I would say either try to make a tighter layout or add a third car (so it would be similar to maverick). But it looks pretty good so far!
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2016 edited

I started making a Gravity Group style station, which has a large majority of it completed (I even have a slanted floor)!

I want to make a full, realistic family GG coaster soon, so this will be used for that. Tell me what you think of the frame so far.
    Also, if you could suggest some good wood RGBs, that would be so helpful :D
    That looks fu**** awesome :o
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2016 edited

I'm making a Top Gun B&M hyper train texture, still WIP. Constructive criticism and feedback welcome!
    https://gyazo.com/c3825583d404d852a798d0bf5733dc49
    https://gyazo.com/8be6d636c883875fb0fecd6143fdfcde