Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorOrpheus
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2016 edited

As I'm sure all of you are aware, the presidential election is heating up in the US. Instead of despising all of the ads, news stories and yards signs, I've decided to embrace them. Actually, I've taken it one step further and brought them to the world of NoLimits! I present to you the primary stages (ba-dum-tiss) of Election 2016, a dueling Intamin Accelerator coaster.

BLUE STATS
    Height: 180ft
    Speed: 70mph
    Inversions: 3
    Length: approx. 3200ft
    Trains: 2 (Bernie and Hillary)

RED STATS
    Height: 150ft
    Speed: 70mph
    Inversions: 2
    Length: approx. 3400ft
    Trains: 2 (Trump and Cruz)

The layout (as it stands) still needs a ton of shaping work, but I'm mostly happy with it. Can't wait to see who wins!

Coming Spring 2016!
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2016

Well this is definitely something I never thought I'd see.
    I thought this was going to be an off-topic political debate that will absolutely destroy this forum.

But I was happy with what I saw, looks great! Although it looks like the launch sections have double the amount of supports needed.
    • CommentAuthorOrpheus

-deleted-
    •  
      CommentAuthorRCF

That is hilarious. You do need 3D models to sell it, and maybe put it indoors.
    • CommentAuthorOrpheus

^I wish I could make convincing models. I'd love to have the brake run smash through a model of the white house or have the red side crash through a giant wall, but alas. If anyone wants to lend a hand, please let me know!
    I'd give you a small loan of a million dollars to build this

I like this idea, and the coasters look to be pretty good. I had an amusing idea of putting the candidates faces on their respective trains but that would just look stupid :P
    • CommentAuthorOrpheus

That's half the fun, NemesisRider! I'm going to take caricatures of each candidate and plaster them where the NL logo is on each train.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBolt789
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2016

I definetely want to see the brake run smash through the White House, you must make this happen regardless of your modelling abilities
    Wow this ride is going to be *Trump voice* "euge"
    The Coasters are looking great!
    •  
      CommentAuthorllamaboy

Please let there not be political arguments on this forum.

On Topic:
    This looks great! I would love to see the candidates faces on the front of the cars.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasilisk

Trump would want it bigger.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2016 edited

Just a heads up: As llamaboy mentioned please don't start a debate about politics on NLE. This isn't the right place for such arguments. Any comments which are inclined to start a discussion on politics will be deleted.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

Maybe add some fire or explosion effects to show the destruction caused xD Make that happen when the #TrumpTrain goes around!
    I'd say make one side as tall at Trump Tower in NYC LOL
    • CommentAuthorOrpheus

Supports are done! I've also tweaked the finale to be a bit more aesthetically appealing, and given the Republican track a few inversions for fairness. Red track is longer, but because it focuses on speed and aggressive turns rather than airtime like the blue track, timing is nearly impeccable. With stations synced with a dispatch variation of +/- 1 second, a different side can win on any given run!

• CommentAuthorInkyz

This is actually perfection
    • CommentAuthorteejaysyke

I love this, it reminds me of B&R:TC (RIP my kings) but in full circuit mode
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly
    • CommentTimeFeb 29th 2016

Feels a little over supported in some places like the first two airtime hills
    • CommentAuthorOrpheus
    • CommentTimeFeb 29th 2016

^ That's on me for lazy supports. How much do you think I could cut down?
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2016

Could you show a better view of some sections? The FOV could just be screwing with me.
    • CommentAuthorA113
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2016 edited

Waiting for a super tuesday update on this

In all seriousness this is a hilarious idea and I love it, it's looking cool so far!
    • CommentAuthorOrpheus

^ I was hoping to release the package today with the brake run smashing through a model of the white house and custom trains for each candidate, but my bootcamp hard drive is full so it looks like I'll have to wait until spring break to back everything up and clear it off at home. I'm going to release the track later on the exchange today and I'll update it to the full experience when we're down to two candidates.
    • CommentAuthornSeven

All I could think....shouldn't the red one actually be orange? :)

Surprisingly elegant design though - I thought this would be a trololol thread or something.
    • CommentAuthorOrpheus
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2016

Question: I'm trying to upload the track to the exchange, but I keep getting an error message that says it is not the correct file type. However, the file is definitely .nl2pkg and well under 250mb. Anyone know how to remedy this?