Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Ive always wanted to make a triple dueler, but until now, I thought making a solid layout, and making them all duel, would be rather difficult. but out of sheer bordem one night, I decided I'd give it a go. Cerberus was the result:

Its going to have a Greek theme, as the name relates to a mythological beast much like a dog, with three heads.

My only question is the Entrance/Exit of the middle coaster. How would it work?
    • CommentAuthorBigbad
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2016

It could be stairs out the front or back, between the tracks. Hershey's Storm Runner (and maybe other Intamin launch coasters) has stairs leading down between two sides of its station, so the same idea could be applied to three stations.

A third idea, unless it's three distinct coasters is that one cycle goes through all three tracks the way that Twisted Colossus goes through one cycle and then meets up with the blue track while it completes the green loop.

Cerberus is a great name for a triple dueling coaster.
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion

I like it. I thought doing a 2 sided dueling coaster was hard enough, so I can't imagine what it was like doing a 3 way dueler. What are the laterals like on the coaster, since it looks like you are trying to avoid them for the most part judging by the rather extreme banking.
    •  
      CommentAuthorviking86

That looks great! I love the "high five" element with the normal hill in the middle!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBattin
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2016

Posted By: TriNationalismMy only question is the Entrance/Exit of the middle coaster. How would it work?

By the looks of the first and second picture, the stations are angled. Almost like a triangle, with a track in the middle.
    That way you have more room for the exit and entrance.

Looks great. Can't wait what scenery you add to it (if any lol)
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2016

At least there is not 54 tracks side by side...
    Wouldn't the correct term be "trueling"? A truel is a three-way duel. Coasters looks good though! Shame the track between the high-five isn't higher, as the train going through the middle won't really see anything, and those high-fiving are too far apart to really high five at all. Cool concept. Have fun setting up the station boarding and transfer tracks, lol.