Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2016

^ Yeah, power planning. I know that 1 week like last time is to short. And since I've never made a good video I'm not going to take changes. Also, since It's a darkride it's kinda hard to make a proper offride video, so lots of experimenting.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2016

Looks like a long and interesting dark ride. If it were built irl there would be people complaining that the capacity is too low lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2016

So, Round-up 150 is over (and it was a huge letdown for me :( ) and it is time to look to the future! Project Potter will be finished by then (if I can get all the visual and coding stuff right.) I started working on one of the scenes where there will be fighting. I've had some help with the character model, so thats nice. Next up is adding some basic moves to them. So for now you guys have to work of the screens ;)

Looks great in those 2 pictures :)
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles

Looks great in concept, but I don't really like the scenery. This room appears to be gigantic, yet all that's in it is a tiny set piece with two characters. If the rider's eyes wander anywhere but directly in front of them, they have nothing to see but total darkness.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo

^ you are right about the picture, there is only the duel going on. In the final ride this duel is only part of what happens and the aftermath of previous events Will still be visible. Them again, the vehicle is made in such a way that people Will only want to look forward. Also I think that even though the scène is big (which it is) it is needed for Some otter events I have plande in the room.

That and the picture is more a conceptual test to see of a battle like this even works. But I do understanding tour concerns and do share them :)
    • CommentAuthorMr. E

This looks awesome, glad to see you finish it. I like the spinning cars but how are you controlling the spinning? Or are you not?
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2016

The spinning is controled. I made a small modification to the doombuggy script so I only have a single car per train. I am still looking if two cars per train is do-able btw. Spinning is contoled by track triggers with a certain name. The program allows to say how many degrees you want to turn the car and how many seconds the move must take. That way it can be controlled quite well. The only problem is that the spinning can go a bit wild and 180 turns do not really allow for choising the direction of the turn.
    • CommentAuthorMrRC

@ Zingo,

U can use steps for each trigger , so NOT from 0 to 180 in 2 triggers, but make it 0, 90 , 180 makes a much more smooth and controlled ride.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo

^ I tried that, the problem is that with the high speed the timing is going to be off for sure. So I'd rather use the bigger steps to make sure I get everything just the way I want it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

If you try 0 to 179...?
    • CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2016

@ KingRCT3 thats 180 triggers on a very small strip of track.(No way)

@ Zingo , good luck, je hebt het nodig (u gonna need that)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2016 edited

--- update ---

I did a quick little test before the day ends. TheBeatles helped me out with a program and way to bumbmap the scenes of this ride. I know I took it a bit to far, but I really wanted to see what happened. So, here they are, my very first bumpmapped screens!

•  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2016

It looks very good, I would recommend to play around with the reflectivity and specular settings of your material to get a more realistic look.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2016

^ Thanks! I know I need to tone down some of the reflections and specular settings. It also has to do with the fact that I handmade the brick textures I use for this ride and I wanted them to really pop-out. Hopefully I can work again on them tonight.