Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sea World Orlando is adding a river rapids with an elevator lift and the tallest drop on rapids ride: Infinity Falls . I'm really liking all of the additions to my home park, it's starting to look like on of the most balanced in the state.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2017

"Home park."
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

^?? I don't get what joke you're trying to make.

^^ I totally agree though, I was surprised with how good SeaWorld was when I went earlier this year (gotta love some mako in your life!) and I had a blast haha. Was kinda disappointed with kraken though, given the time I rode it had some bad death rattle, definitely drove me back to the other side for manta.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

You didn't get the joke because it wasn't meant for you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskyasaurus

WOW. Liseberg's dive coaster looks incredible!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKG9

^ I had to go back and find it, but I like it. The in-line at the end was unexpected but it looks to be a good, solid ride.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2017

So it's finally settled, the track will go under the lift. Thinking about that, it makes sense that the lift hasn't progressed. Waiting to install the lift track there makes it easy to install the track that passes under. I'm interested to see if the lift will progress after that turn is placed or if the lift will wait until later in the season or perhaps even after the 2017 season is over.
    • CommentAuthorA113

it's looking even more particularly exciting, great.
    • CommentAuthorteejaysyke
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2017 edited

I must finally get to Cedar Point next year, I feel like this is the proper way to break my RMC virginity.
    • CommentAuthorSythe

What the... The closer I look at that picture the more weird and amazing that Inversion looks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlamewad

^^ I have yet to do so too and I can't decide if I should just break it by going to Dollywood or wait....
    •  
      CommentAuthorskyasaurus

what is that?
    also, just noting how much smaller the outward-banked turn is compared to the first monster hill. how much speed is it losing? or is it gonna be insane sustained air?
    •  
      CommentAuthorlamewad

Looks like an upward 360 twist into a turn either right over or under the lift.
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles

^Looks like over, from my perspective
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc

^^ I'm pretty sure it's going under the lift. It's hard to tell with the quality of the picture, but you can make out ledgers of a turn that follows the roll, which passes just below the ledgers for the lift. It also looks like some steel cross beams were installed between two of the lift bents where the turn appears to pass under the lift.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Isn't it something like the first roll of Wicked Twister, but more pronounced?
    •  
      CommentAuthortpainrad
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2017

• CommentAuthorJAKool

I agree, the ledgers look very similar.
    ^^ That's what I'm thinking. Looking at the supports, it rolls into a stall and rotates back out in the same direction. This appears to be done on an upward climb and instead of at the apex of the hill, which will be different than any of the RMC stalls we've seen so far. We won't know for sure until we get a better quality picture.
    https://gyazo.com/460870ee09c9af60d43ec5552d497739

More HQ photo of that one posted earlier, looks like its gonna be a wave turn of sorts after the roll up and under the lift

https://gyazo.com/108c94b6985c1f10b95011462722f9cb
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Totally wicked! I really dig the layout so far.
    • CommentAuthorKyle Sloane
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2017 edited

Heres my take on how it will look:
    https://gyazo.com/312f31db66ba5caf3a392cedd0fd6b8f
    • CommentAuthorGigaG

^I thought that was real for a sec. You are sort of assuming the end of the currently built track is inverted, but I think it's upright at the peak.

Notice the ledgers on the far left are horizontal, it might be another curved airtime hill similar to the first large hill.

What are those beams perpendicular to the lift ledgers? They seem like they're a "bridge" over the track, but they're also past the cross-under. But maybe that's just an optical illusion. IDK.

•  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc

The lack of progress on the lift makes perfect sense now. The turn goes under the lift and there is actually a lift bent directly over the turn. It'll be interesting to see how it progresses from here. In fact, it seems to me like there might be new wood on the lift already.
    Oh my god that looks so insane. I cannot wait to see this IRL soon!
    ^^^The flat ledgers is something rmc does all the time, its actually a 90 degree ledger attached to it, just like the banked ledgers before it that have flat parts on the left..
    • CommentAuthorMrRC

@ Vekoma Vlodrop :

Testing @ Vekoma Vlodrop
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles

Re: Mean Streak

This is looking so tasty
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

I love how cute and tiny maverick is in comparison to MS, it's adorable.

Posted By: GigaG

^I thought that was real for a sec. You are sort of assuming the end of the currently built track is inverted, but I think it's upright at the peak..

It's an optical illusion, if you assume the initial roll that's already built is rolling right (which I believe it is, it's coming out of a left bank at the top of the hill where it dips down and continues to roll right, which gives it the illusion of a second inversion but when the track is flat it could be inverted or upright.

Aka here's my illustration explaining it

Purple is the left rail, pink is the right rail

•  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

^ I was wondering the same thing looking a the image, and I can't quite get my head around it. But I think it's what we talked about earlier on, a kind of sideway stall, so it starts roating the other way around and is upside down at the top again.
    Its rolling right the whole time, no stall..
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc

^^ I don't think that's right. It's difficult to see at first because of the perspective, but starting at the right, the track is rolling to the right (clockwise). The track is then fully inverted about two thirds of the way up the hill and continues rolling clockwise until it gets back to level right about at the apex. Then, because the track is then rolling into a right hand turn, the clockwise roll continues under the lift and into the wave turn. (This is exactly what teejaysyke illustrated in his post).

Edit: Here is a rough idea of what is happening.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Oh yeah, now I see the ledgers at the top! My mistake.

Well, a zero-g roll to a S-turn? Sounds great as well (I was kinda on the fence about what I liked more between the two versions)! :D

... and that's is also an element I made a while ago (and a slighly different variant here as well), but took from the other direction. Who else made that? :)
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2017

^^Jpaufsc, exactly that rending.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskyasaurus
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2017

Wow jpaufsc that actually looks like it will ride great. This is not turning out how I imagined it at all, and I have absolutely no complains about that. Do we have any hints as to potential names?
    HOLY GOODNESS.
    https://gyazo.com/c7394909e0e0daac938b78f2c8d8a9cd
    https://gyazo.com/8e727330ced13118d46ee56905bbce27
    https://gyazo.com/5b79d661674f10b64ad07a3661012840
    A little outdated but it gives you an amazing scale of this ride. Good God.
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2017

holy mary mother of mean streak
    That is, a Cedar Point fanboy's wet dream you're seeing up there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

So is it confirmed that the roll is going to continue all the way through? Because it almost looks like it could reverse the opposite way, given how early it seemingly starts to lean right. Aside for that though, this looks truly beserk, and a one of a kind coaster without doubt.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

Yes it is, because in other pictures with the rails installed we can see it doesn't reverse the opposite way.

^^Yes, especially if you follow the ledgers in the last pic of the roll. You can see it bank right, continue through the inversion and level out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

Ahh didn't notice that in the other pics, my hopes for a stall like seen on the monorail concept are destroyed. RIP
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

I love how it slighlty banks to the left before going to the right for the inversion.
    https://gyazo.com/6974f773cb86ec10311c6671feb19ca5

Holy Shit...
    What if it actually dives into its own structure on the drop...
    ^ A Beyond Vertical on a wood coaster?!?!?! That would be awesome!
    That could be pretty cool. It would explain why they haven't removed much of the structure at all. The trick would be to make that not look terrible. Maybe some mine theming or something, random roofing panels and such to make it look like a huge mine building. Probably too far lol. Never know though, it all starts with an idea...
    • CommentAuthorSeis

There's ledgers next to the beginning of the inversion for more track, I love when they do that, kinda like Medusa's turns.