Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorskyasaurus
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2017

i'm choking
    • CommentAuthorMaverick

Really guys, this is what I come back to?
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters

^it's a joke
    Just got back to this thread. I'm ashamed to have been a part of this conversation lmao. I was indeed joking.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2017 edited

More Mean Streak photos with new ledgers in place.

Every new photo makes that much more hyped for this.

In other news, the OWA Tunderbolt 2.0 (Rolling Thunder) is vertical.

• CommentAuthorPopFilms
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2017

^Rolling Thunder is a 2017 project, it is supposed to be open by July.
    Stall dive is pretty funky looking

Awesome looking*. The thing I love about these renovations vs. a new RMC from the ground up (although you can't go wrong with either) is that they do things they probably never would have even thought of without a predetermined template they had to work with. I recall Alan Schilke talking about that in an interview.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskyasaurus
    • CommentTime4 days ago

Constraints breed creativity. Same goes for terrain coasters (although, for example, I think Outlaw Run is an excellent terrain coaster, whereas Wildfire @ Kolmarden is rather out of context to the terrain around it.)
    I think Wildfire does pretty well with its surroundings. The drop goes alongside the cliff face, it plays with the hill as it goes back up and down and again over the cliff. It doesn't follow the terrain as well as Outlaw Run, but It does also go through what looks to be fairly dense woods, so I don't think it's essential that it follows the terrain. To me they did a great job of combining significant elevation changes without making it seem like it could be placed anywhere.

I do agree though that some of the best coasters were some with the most constraints. Nemesis is another common and appropriate example.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTime4 days ago

I prefer the general creativity of the Iron Horse rides, it's always fun to see cool wooden coasters transformed into cooler steel coasters. I still prefer the topper Woodies in terms of actual ride experience, but the layouts aren't as exciting.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTime4 days ago

It's basically what we do with contests! :)

-
    Wanda Guangzhou is planning a SFX coaster...

(nice freefall drawing from Zierer)

... a spinning coaster, maybe Mack or knock-off...

... but the most interesting, the duelling triple-launch:

And if you look at the NoLimits thumbnail on the right, you can see that the invert is Intamin (track and train like DrageKongen), but the sit-down is Vekoma (track and train like Formula 1)... Is this even possible?

Both have their trains modeled in NoLimits, but they aren't publicly available...
    Posted By: KingRCT3but they aren't publicly available...

yet...

I hope...
    •  
      CommentAuthorintim305
    • CommentTime4 days ago

I remember hearing a while back that the NL2 team does private projects here and they're if asked, and provides custom ingame trains (furius baco did i think?), so I wouldn't expect these ingame anytime soon. I have no idea what's going on with the dueling triple launch, but they share a structure so reeeeeeeeally doubt it would be an intamin/vekoma collab, Its gotta be either full intamin or vekoma.
    ^ I think they have done trains for Gerstlauer, Maurer, and Vekoma if i'm right. I recall the Vekoma rendering for the Energylandia Mega Coaster had Vekoma's own trains in NL2.
    ^I mean, we already kinda knew that considering all three of those companies have officially licensed trains in the game. Also Zamperla
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTime2 days ago

Though it's harder to tell with NL2 as companies can make their trains themselves.

This Intamin train for instance seems low-quality for something the team would make (but maybe that depends on time, ressources and bugdet the team has, tho).
    Posted By: intim305(furius baco did i think?)

Does anyone have pics of these, if they existed?
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTime2 days ago edited

There was a video (the track was red), but it has seen been took down. The link is still on some boards, but leads to an error.
    Unless someone got it saved on their computer, that video is gone. :(

-

EDIT: I don't know if it's for 2017 or 2018, but EOS Rides is manufacturing a spinning coaster on a roof, featuring the tallest animatronic on Earth - that's what they say (12 meter tall), and it's a King Kong (take that, Universal).
    Here's a video showing the layout on NoLimits, and here's one showing the animatronic in motion.
    Posted By: TheBeatles^I mean, we already kinda knew that considering all three of those companies have officially licensed trains in the game. Also Zamperla

Im beyond aware--intended to only mention the unreleased trains.
    • CommentAuthorteejaysyke
    • CommentTime1 hour ago edited

From here: http://www.cprundown.com/blog/276-rmc-construction-update-5-23-17

Bonus from IG: http://www.instagram.com/p/BUbv2QRFlmv/

Overbank/Possible 3rd inversion under the lift supports