Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

^The thing is, there are plenty of other ways to create the sensation of ejector airtime after a roll...

... but not many opportunities to get sustained airtime during the course (especially with a coaster that bleeds speed). If RMC wanted to maximize airtime (which, in Cedar Point's case, they should), they should keep the classic drop and use these wacky inversions later to round out the coaster.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskyasaurus
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2017

well said.
    • CommentAuthorA113
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2017 edited

sure, I am aware those are all possible throughout the course, but my main point was rethinking the drop. in my mind, integrating a classic drop with an inversion (keeping the same heartline profile of your standard RMC drop but having the crest be rolling) can offer an unusual but unique experience that's still thrilling. I don't expect that to happen on Mean Streak but I would respect some level of risk or invention provided how homogenous RMC's elements and layouts have become
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2017 edited

I love that drop design, A113. It rides way better than it looks from the picture.

Now we know Mean Streak drop won't invert but also won't be over 90°(not like I'm disappointed with the drop or anything):

Woo lawdy, I can't wait
    • CommentAuthormrfeeny
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2017

Yeah, they are gonna have to add quite a bit to the top of the existing structure.
    • CommentAuthorBigbad
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2017

A113, how would you do the roll at the apex without a launched lift hill? Even the move on GateKeeper would involve a distortion of a standard-looking drop.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2017

Universal Studios Hollywood is getting a Kung Fu Panda ride

Video

•  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2017 edited

So what actually good ride is this one replacing?
    • CommentAuthorBlaseRhine

I think its replacing the Shrek 4d attraction.
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

I take back my statement.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

Just so you know, it isn't a ride. It's the Shrek 4D theater with a pretty exterior and a Kung Fu Panda movie.

Well, I guess its an improvement...

•  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2017

Track is going up on RMC Hurler.

• CommentAuthorSythe
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2017

Third inversion on RMC Mean Streak confirmed (Thanks to Ohio Valley Coasters)

MeanStreak
    •  
      CommentAuthorskyasaurus
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2017

where in the structure is that?
    ^Right below the entrance to the first inversion.
    • CommentAuthorteejaysyke
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2017 edited

MEAN STREAK NEW UPDATED NL POV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVMyuteBClU

"I'm back with another layout update for RMC Mean Streak at Cedar Point. This video shows off the full layout from station to the third inversion, which is about 3/4 of the entire ride. The ride in the video stands 218ft tall, features a 90 degree drop, and is over 4,500ft long as it stands."

They got it pretty damn accurate I'd say
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2017

Better view of RMC Hurler.

• CommentAuthorSeis
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2017

Two aerial videos of Cedar Point and RMC Mean Streak...holy shit that DROP looks massive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDMuxv6mhXs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZvHt2usFSY

•  
      CommentAuthorBasilisk
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2017

Phantasialand just announced that they will open the world's longest flying coaster, and it'll be a launched one! How cool is that.
    • CommentAuthorDelay

^At least I won't have to travel to Britain for one then.
    Just across Germany.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26

^^Wait what? Details?

Super excited to see where they're going to fit that. Phantasialand scenery and general cramped-ness plus - not just a flying coaster, but the longest one and a launched one? That sounds awesome.

Announcement Video

Loopings.nl Article

Worlds fastest and longest flying coaster, This will be interesting to say the least
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters

^where did you get the 'fastest' from?
    So the flying probably will be that prototype thing from Vekoma that they were testing at their factory.
    If it is that prototype thing from Vekoma, we may be looking at part dark ride, part coaster. Dark ride going through scenes facing sideways, turning into the flying position to launch into the coaster part? That'd be one way to get a +3,687ft coaster in such a space.
    Posted By: nolimiters^where did you get the 'fastest' from?
    So the flying probably will be that prototype thing from Vekoma that they were testing at their factory.

https://gyazo.com/bc83b56ec7cad099a45585594584fccd

Im willing to say that CF could be incorrect though
    • CommentAuthorlore_sully

Yes, in the announcement video, in the final image with the name, there's only written "first flying launched coaster and longest flying coaster in the world" ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

Here's the size comparison between Klugheim and Rookburgh. Can't wait to see a steampunk themed launched flyer. Really excited and happy for Vekoma!

•  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/blog/2017/06/19/secret-weapon-8-construction-update-17th-june-2017/

SW8 Progress at Alton.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2017 edited

^^Ohhhh Vekoma. Right. Cautiously excited, but not quite as excited as I would have been if they'd thrown that same challenge at B&M. But then, I trust in Phantasialand. And Vekoma hasn't done a new flyer since their new design language came into force. Ok, excited again. Can't wait to watch construction unfold, like every other major Phantasialand project.

•  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

I'm going back when it opens, that sounds awesome!
    Omg can't wait.... Phantasialand is such a good park <3
    •  
      CommentAuthorKG9

When I went last summer I had a feeling something was coming to that area of the park and I desperately wanted it to be a flyer. Glad my guess is coming true - we all know it will be amazing when it is done.

I guess we will get some images of the area tomorrow, it seems that there is again a viewing opportunity from the monorail!
    https://gyazo.com/76652c2096df4c626e9fd2ff54c58485

Unfortunately not, and apparently you cant see over it either from wurmling express (the monorail)

Yes, the perspective tricked me. It looked like they replaced the blue sheet with the new one and left the openings on the sides, but now i think it is as you say.
    Anyway no, you cannot see over it from wurmling express, it's very tall.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

I guess Tobi will be our best friend again for the next year!
    Well you can't see the construction side from anywhere... only if they open the door at the street.

So who's got a drone then?

•  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2017

That art looks very steampunk / Crimson Skies-y. Really, really excited to see what Phantasialand does with that.

•  
      CommentAuthorTobi
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2017

@KingRCT3 There is nothing I would rather do but they don't want me to do it again this time. :( Hower, I am planning to do some other things regarding F.L.Y.
    • CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2017 edited

For those who missed the video : (testing @ Vekoma Vlodrop)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsYEH7vwneI
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2017

Hahaha that's the weirdest shit ever and I love it.

Hooray for a coaster type that isn't a 2-across, multi-looping, LSM/chain lift capable train.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2017 edited

Posted By: Tobi@KingRCT3 There is nothing I would rather do but they don't want me to do it again this time. :( Hower, I am planning to do some other things regarding F.L.Y.

Haha really, they contacted you and expressly told you not to do it again? That's actually hilarious (but a bummer, I really loved your work. What an unusual way to get updated of a construction)!
    Anyway, I'm curious to see the other things you're talking about. ;)

-

Walibi Belgium will be going under an extreme make-over over the few next years.

Starting in 2018, a new Gerstlauer bobseld themed to Tiki:

2019, new entrance, kiddie coaster and new restaurant/theming around Cobra, the park's Boomerang:

2020, make-over of the far-west zone and the addition of a Twist'n'Splash:

2021, retheme of Vampire (SLC) and Loup Garou (wooden) inspired by New Orleans:

And the last but definitely not the least, a megacoaster in 2021:

We don't know, but I'm thinking about a Mack, like the one currenty being build in Australia.

All the concepts are from Julien Bertévas, the frenchie who already did the nice theming for Oziris.
    My god thats a lot of stuff. Looks fantastic though, im glad walibi are going to breathe some new life into walibi belgium
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters

Wow, really nice!
    At first the 2021 coaster looked like a B&m but that drop seems really like a Mack, good guess King! ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Yep, same. I thought B&M (it looks a lot like Goliath at La Ronde), but the first drop just screams Mack. Plus, they just got Pulsar which is a Mack, and the Twist'n'Splash, also from Mack. No coaster from B&M in the park.
    Then again this can change, 2021 is still quite far.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHZGarfield
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2017

RC Racer at Shanghai Disneyland starts vertical construction
    RMC Raptor Track Testing Video

Looks pretty cool. Can't wait to ride one!