Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2017

•  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2017 edited

Man I can already hear RMC's phone ringing. "Ah yes, this is six flags, we're going to need about 10 of those. Thanks, bye"

@KingRCT That is pure gold, I have nothing more to say.
    I laughed too hard at that, King xD
    Don't know why that was so funny!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKG9

I was bracing for someone going "Fuck yeah!" or some shit and then when that popped up.... good job. Just good job.
    King,

That was awesome! LOL!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTyrush

lol whole time I was watching just waiting for something different to happen, then bam
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2017 edited

Finally, some more RMC Mean Streak progress. Looks like track is complete up to just after the MCBR.

Beautiful
    I find it quite odd that the track doesn't seem to drop immediately after the MCBR and stays relatively flat for some amount of time. That seems to be the only part of the ride built so far that seems a little iffy to me.
    I found it odd too, but I think I like it. The ride will most likely be so extreme that you won't mind a little extra breathing time. It builds up a little tension before you plummet back down into the structure for the second half of the ride.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2017

Yes but there's already the MCBR for breathing time.
    • CommentAuthorDelay

Judging by the banking of that turn, the MCBR will be quite fast.
    I'd say the opposite, judging by the banking it won't be that fast. I do like the setup for that drop though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

I do think, as the turn is rather wide and banked, that the exit speed of the MCBR will be higher than normal.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlamewad

You can speed a roller coaster up after that much MCBR.... Perhaps it "launches" (at 20mph) at that turn.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDanSm1l3r
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2017 edited

Yeah... bearing in mind that Twisted Colossus has that small 'push' into a flat unbanked turn in the prelift on the blue side, I imagine that with that turn being banked, there's going to be a fair bit of speed through that turn, which may lend premise to the possibility of it holding enough speed to utilise the entire old layout of MS.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2017 edited

Is it me or are there not those typical Iron Horse "connector" pieces between track joints?
    Huh, so the roll continues past the valley of the drop before leveling out for the airtime hill? At least it seems so to me.... Interesting.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2017 edited

^^ They most likely have been sanded down, I guess.

^ Weird indeed! Also the drop shaping looks Newtony to me. >:(
    ^In what way? lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2017

The way the roll interact with the transition from the negative to positive g, I don't know it reminds me of some Newton shaping.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDC High Heat

Yeah I think that's somewhat coincidental in this case, given the constraints from the existing structure. I was also thinking I'd have preferred the roll/turn start a bit earlier or later, but concluded it may not have been that simple this time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMillennium

New teaser: https://twitter.com/cedarpoint/status/882630137874972672

"They're rollin' in like thunder"

Also looks like they chose to make this video 19 seconds long instead of 18 (at least on mobile).

I would have thought that everyone would remember the early shots of the top hat and how much of an optical illusion the ledgers can make when angled... It seems to be a similar case here since the ride didn't exit the mcbr at that exact angle. I'm sure it is completely normal RMC sexiness that is pushing the limits of the existing structure as ususal...
    ^ It also looks like a bunch of new structure was added for this drop. I think the drop looks great.
    ^^ I actually do remember that very well; I simply thought that what it looked like to me was worth pointing out. Plus it's not like a continuous roll past the valley of the drop would be a bad thing.
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2017 edited

SW8
    That looks so weird not seeing the log flume there... Yet all the same, HYPE!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTyrush
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2017

Might just be me, but that site looks so small
    •  
      CommentAuthorlamewad

The site really does look super small. I guess it might have tunnels/many crossovers to make the ride fit the space well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2017 edited

I rode a few GCI (Troy, Joris, Gwazi, Wodan...), and my absolute favorite is El Toro at Plohn thanks to the use of terrain and paths interactions/tunnels. I hope it'll be the case here as well, because that's what makes a GCI really stands out.
    Also, taller GCI tend to vibrate and that's not what I like the most, so I'm happy there.
    ^^ I don't think so, from the plan it seems there will be only one "tunnel" on the entire first part, but it will be a fake tunnel (not going underground).

The tunnel will cover the white part where you read sound tunnel.

I honestly do not understand all the hype, it seems just a normal wooden coaster to me, also pretty short if you ask.
    It was topped off today. The site is actually pretty big, and it looks to be a similar height to Joris.

The theming structure to the left actually features three track fly through sections in it, two below ans one above.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Yukon Quad for Le PAL, a clone of Juvelen:

Pretty excited for this one!
    •  
      CommentAuthorviking86
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2017

^You should be! I rode Juvelen for the first time a couple of weeks ago and it was a really good ride. Definitely more intense than what I expected it to be...
    • CommentAuthorInkyz
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2017 edited

Bit of interesting teasing from Thorpe

Thats just the social media team having fun. They have said numerous things like that in the past and it leads to nothing
    But maybe... just maybe...

We can dream, right?
    THORPE PARK 2019 RMC CONFIRMED!!!!
    Posted By: lore_sullyI honestly do not understand all the hype, it seems just a normal wooden coaster to me, also pretty short if you ask.

The hype is purely the fact Alton is getting a wooden coaster. For years there have been rumors, and finally, they are coming true.

The only shame is the stupid height limits they have. Then again, if it wasn't for the height limits Nemesis wouldn't be what it is now.
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters

@Silver Dollar City
    • CommentAuthorDelay

Image doesn't work for me
    Edit: Nevermind, it does.
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters

Sorry had some problems.. Since preview not does work anymore, I can't check it beforehand
    • CommentAuthorDelay
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2017

^That's okay. You fixed it before I posted, hence the fast edit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2017 edited

More RMC Mean Streak progress. If you look closely, it looks like there are bents and ledgers waiting to be installed.

Almost positive those are more lift bents getting ready to go up. 200'+ here we come!
    • CommentAuthorBigbad
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2017

It looks like the drop from the MCBR is going to go under that first big hill. That timing should work out to give a good self-dueling moment.
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2017 edited

^Considering the second train probably wouldn't even dispatch before the first one hits the MCBR, I'm going to guess probably not.

I'll even give you the benefit of the doubt and say best case scenario there's a second train stopped at the top of the lift waiting for the first train to clear the MCBR. Even then the dueling point would probably be missed, depending on the speed of the train out of the MCBR.

All that said, it wouldn't even be that good of an interaction, especially looking at Twisted Colossus for comparison