Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDanSm1l3r
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2017 edited

@King regarding pathway interaction with SW8 the lighting and drainage report indicated a large-ish plaza in the center of the whole ride, accessible from next to the queue entrance, as well as the queue winding around the ride landscape as opposed to cattle pens. Should this all go ahead I think there's going to be some amazing artistic photo opportunities when it opens!

Also regarding SW8, the bents at the highest point went up yesterday and in usual fashion the flags of three countries involved (UK, USA and Germany) in the project are now flying from the top of the lift!

Who's in Germany?
    • CommentAuthorInkyz
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2017

I imagine it'd be RCS GmBH, but I'm not entirelyyy sure.
    Ah yeah that makes sense
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2017 edited

It could be the engineering office, as far as I know RCS does not assemble wooden coasters.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDanSm1l3r
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2017 edited

Thomas (CoasterGuy246) suggested on a Discord server that it COULD be this company, who are listed as having done work for both Europa Park, and GCI.

They're described as having 'exclusive marketing rights for GCI in Europe', so reason to believe it could be them.

http://www.guenter-engelhardt.de/
    • CommentAuthorAyTrane
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2017

GCI has a German carpentry team for the European projects (which has been also been used in the US and China in recent years).
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2017 edited

Meanwhile the Dubai Wheel is taking shape
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2017

The 630 foot tall New York wheel does not even have the legs going up yet. It has been delayed a lot.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTyrush
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2017

Its almost unreal how big it is.
    ^^ That's what over regulation gets ya!
    Here is an interview with Fred Grub describing their projects for next year, pretty much confirms RMC Mean Streak to be the tallest and fastest (if there was any doubt) and new trains for all of their US projects:
    http://www.kxly.com/features/made-in-the-northwest/made-in-the-northwest-rocky-mountain-construction/586841280
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2017

The new york wheel has been delayed indefinitely.

http://nypost.com/2017/07/13/staten-island-ferris-wheel-project-on-hold-indefinitely/
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2017 edited

(Disclaimer that none of this is actually opening in 2018)

Both Guardians of the Galaxy. (Epcot replacing Ellens Energy Adventure) and TRON coaster .(Magic Kingdom next to Space Mountain) HAVE BOTH BEEN ANNOUNCED.

They're both apparently roller coasters and, oh my god, I'm so f#$king excited.
    Thank god, I won't have to somehow get to Shanghai to ride Tron :P

Granted, it looks like a fantastic Disney park, but all I'd really be going there for is Tron and Pirates, and I can live without Pirates. I'd also much rather go back to Disney World since I was only 9 when I visited previously.

Also approve of a standalone Guardians ride.
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

I'm pissed for the sole purpose of that this further proves we could've gotten a GOTG attraction (maybe coaster?) instead of Mission Breakout, where Monsters Inc is.

F*ck you too, Disney.

but i mean that's cool too i guess go disney world
    •  
      CommentAuthorDanSm1l3r

More progress on SW8. Really starting to take shape now. Top turn has gone a full 180 degrees and is nearly connected up to the bottom, and more bents going up at the bottom end.

Images are my own.
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2017

that lift angle still looks odd.
    This is so weird...
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc

• CommentAuthorTheBeatles

Hey, finally more work on the lift! It's been a while.
    IMO still mind-boggling how steep that new lift is compared to the old one!
    •  
      CommentAuthorskyasaurus
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2017

i'm gonna cry i'm so excited
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganFan

looks like some kind of steampunk-western theming. "They're coming" probably refers to these two figures, undoubtedly a villainous duo on which the theme will be based.
    ^ I wonder if the dollar amounts have anything to do with the ride.
    • CommentAuthorBigbad

^August 7th announcement at 5 o'clock?
    •  
      CommentAuthorHLcoasters

^i was always wondering what it could mean but that could make sense
    would it fit to announcements of other years ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorlamewad

Today, Six Flags Over Georgia announced that the Georgia Cyclone would be "going away for good" Sounds to me like an RMC is coming now. Hooray homepark!
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles

Tbh it'd be a refreshing change of pace to just see a wooden coaster close and not become an RMC
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

It would be, but it's still gonna be an RMC.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

By 2020 six flags is not going to have a single wooden coaster in its name.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2017 edited

They'll probably have Apocalypse and American Thunder for a long time, not to mention all the more classic wooden coasters that probably won't be removed, like Screamin Eagle and Thunderbolt.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc

Don't forget that Georgia still has Great American Scream Machine in the back of the park. There will still be some wooden coasters left.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

What I said was more of a joke than an accurate statement, take it with a grain of salt haha
    •  
      CommentAuthorMillennium

Apparently CP is doing a hard hat tour tomorrow with the media, although Tony specifically mentioned that no details about the ride will be disclosed. It'll be interesting to see the inside of the structure.

http://www.cleveland.com/travel/index.ssf/2017/07/cedar_point_may_finally_reveal.html
    •  
      CommentAuthorlamewad

I think this is for the best for SFoG. The Cyclone, while probably the best of the Original Clones, has seen much better days. It's already about 40% topper track so I think it will not be the worst loss. Also this will add a front of the park attraction that we have desperately needed since the last one was Acrophobia in 2001
    •  
      CommentAuthorintim305

Mean Streak progress:

and a quick photoshop i threw together to show what the finished product would look like topped off:
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2017

That's a decent edit, makes me excited to see this thing fully built.
    I was just at CP today and realized how much insane airtime that first hill will have
    •  
      CommentAuthorskyasaurus

That twist is a really great show element, it will definitely be very exciting to watch from the ground and get people excited to ride.
    • CommentAuthorDanKruga

Mean streak was already so large and intimidating, even if it wasn't a very intense ride, now it's going to be even more intimidating!!
    https://gyazo.com/e140e79c09d25ad903ac9070855d59fb
    https://gyazo.com/7c37673d0a25d1ed382b36b3df41fc48

Praise Alan.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeelthesting
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2017 edited

One sleepless night later: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lVoOeyl-e0

This is my Georgia Cyclone RMC prediction. I hope you guys enjoy because this was made in one 11 hour sitting with no breaks besides 1 hour for dinner.
    • CommentAuthorarktic2
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2017

mean streak = RAILBLAZER
    •  
      CommentAuthorlamewad
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2017

Love that prediction just hope the first turn around is an outward banking airtime hill. That would be great!
    That seems like a pretty solid prediction of what the new Georgia Cyclone may look like. Only thing is I think it draws a bit too much from Wicked Cyclone...I think they'll vary it a bit more as they have previous designs. Still definitely a good guess, and fun to see.
    ^^^ Railblazer is ok, but TrailBlazer would be a sweet name and fits the Frontier Town theme perfectly.
    •  
      CommentAuthortpainrad
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2017 edited

Posted By: element 115Praise Alan.

Is Alan...a god? Is then he not...Allah? Therefore, praise Allah? Alan. Allah.

Illuminati confirmed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion

Allahn
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

I'm tempted to edit convert the Bible into the Book of Schilke