Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Thought as much - dunno what else that zany test setup they had would be for. Loading and unloading should be kinda funny (akin to Forbidden Journey, I suppose, except it'll presumably stop in the station).
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2017

The description for it on the Vekoma website says that the ride will rotate face down at the top of the lift, which should ease loading substantially and will provide a cool visual. Coming from Phantasialand I'm sure it will be, but I hope there's some great theming to go along with it. The rotating seats should provide from some cool theming ideas, especially in a steampunk setting.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

I'm having a hard time creating a mental image of what this ride will exactly "look" like when it's done, but it certainly sounds interesting as hell.
    • CommentAuthorMrRC

Yes finaly, something is gonna happend @ Phantasialand.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

@JAKool: Where did you read that? To me, the Vekoma website is still very outdated with only the older models.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRK

• CommentAuthorlore_sully
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2017 edited

•  
      CommentAuthorskyasaurus

:O
    • CommentAuthorMrRC

I have seen that kind of track now for a about 1 year.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

@KingRCT3, like RK linked, it says it at the bottom of the Flying Dutchman page. Interesting to see they've updated it, especially since the new technology hasn't even been formally announced.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2017

Are they not talking about their 'new' Flying Dutchman rides eg the flyer in china with the verical lift?
    No, the stingray (the flyer in china) has its own page on the site, so they must be referring to something different!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2017

Actually, I see where the confusion comes from... They actually haven't updated the site since ages! (which is rather surprising, too)

It was the first intention for the Vekoma Flying Dutchman to have the tilt occuring during the lift. Note how they talk about tilt and not rotation.

You can see here, or directly in NL2, how all the tilting mechanism is within the train itself. Alas, it never worked as intended, and now the tilt occurs while safely parked in the station.
    On Nighthawk at Carowinds, the park asked Premier Rides to install a build-in mechanism in the station, akin to B&M flyers, in order to remove all the hardware from the train.

They slightly impoved the tech on Stingray, as the train get back up while moving now.

But yeah, that's an out-dated description.
    Interesting as Firehawk is seen with an in-station mechanism https://youtu.be/iO9aX70VK-o?t=1m40s
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2017

Good catch. I guess this is also a retrofit, when the ride went to Kings Island in 2007.

This promotional animation of X-Flight (its former name) clearly shows how the seat where supposed to leave the station on the upright position, and then only tilt back near the top of the lift. But as you can see here on this 2001 footage, despite having the mechanism on the train, it didn't worked as intended.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/experience/america/theme-parks/2017/08/03/six-flags-single-rail-wonder-woman-coaster/534583001/

Six flags Fiesta Texas is getting the first monorail coaster... It looks pretty awesome!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlamewad

Man, 8 people per train.. This is going to be pretty low capacity.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2017 edited

It's a bit weird looking, tho, but the ride experience will be unprecedented.

The layout is kind-of okayish (we can see the test track build at the factory is part of it, by the way)... Although the "outside banking" S-turn right after the dive loop might be very interesting and unusual.
    • CommentAuthorDelay

Posted By: lamewadMan, 8 people per train.. This is going to be pretty low capacity.

Gerstlauer Eurofighter?
    •  
      CommentAuthorCrazycoaster

^ Haha.. You say that as if Eurofighters don't have a low capacity :'-)

It looks like a K'NEX.
    • CommentAuthorDelay

^They do. But noone complains about it. Or at least I never heard a person complain about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMillennium

This also looks like it doesn't have a MCBR. Assuming above average operations I'm gonna say it's capacity is going to be no more than 500 PPH. And that assumes one cycle, including loading and unloading, is a max of 2 minutes. This is going to be an very low capacity ride.
    • CommentAuthorStevenX

Eurofighters generally have a MCBR though, or even a couple. Wonder Woman doesn't, although it is pretty short. That, coupled with Six Flags operations could leader to pretty long lines.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

It looks pretty fun, but capacity is my main worry.
    • CommentAuthorMaverick

Posted By: KingRCT3Good catch. I guess this is also a retrofit, when the ride went to Kings Island in 2007.

This promotionalanimation of X-Flight (its former name)clearly shows how the seat where supposed to leave the station on the upright position, and then only tilt back near the top of the lift. But as you can seehere on this 2001 footage, despite having the mechanism on the train, it didn't worked as intended.

The mechanism worked inconsistently as X-Flight. It was a neat experience transitioning to the laying position as the train approached the lift incline.

The saddest part of the Firehawk introduction to Kings Island was the lack of information they gave to exit polls. When they asked me how I heard of the ride, and I responded with X-Flight in 2001, the guy just had this stupefied look as though I broke some secret rule. You could even see green paint on opening day.
    • CommentAuthorBigbad

Who would have thought that Fiesta Texas would be the first park with multiple coasters by the hot new manufacturer?
    • CommentAuthorMaverick

I wonder if they are planning on having a dual load/unload setup to help combat the natural low capacity of the ride.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMillennium

I don't think they will, but maybe they'll attempt to do continous loading like Six Flags tested out with New Texas Giant.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlamewad

Based off the video they released, if this is, in fact, the three train model, it will only be 600pph.. It isn't the exact same layout from the animated preview, but pretty darn close.

Also, What is going on with the last paragraph on the last small image???

Welcome to Themyscira

Walk through a Princess Diana in Themyscira visual storyline featuring tropical foliage and Steve Trevor's crashed plane.

I took a screenshot in case it gets changed lol.

1 Millionth Edit: Apparently it's from the movie?
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles

^Regarding the last photo, that's part of the story of WW... It wasn't worded as well as it could've been but that doesn't seem too weird
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

D'aww, I noticed the seatbelts from the first renderings of the train were remplaced by a vest restraint... Bummer.

The restraint will lock on the sides (they were inspired by Soquet I guess!):

•  
      CommentAuthorKG9

This looks intriguing but the capacity...meh. I also think it's in a weird spot.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganFan

That side of the park needs more traffic, imo. Since IRAT and Batman are relatively new additions and are quite close to eachother.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2017

Wonder Woman is much closer to Batman than IRat is, but I agree, it's a very low traffic area.
    ^What is that?
    Phantasialand flying coaster
    •  
      CommentAuthorlamewad

Phantasialand is killing it as usual. I bet this thing is going to be amazing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2017 edited

What a throwback to the beginning of the construction of Taron, back then when we knew nothing!

•  
      CommentAuthorHLcoasters

Oh wow, now its getting fast
    Im still wondering how much theming they will Put in this Coaster in comparison to Klugheim
    Anyone know how Long it took after they finished taron to complete Klugheim ?
    Taron construction was divided in 3 phases, each with some track assembly and some theming construction, so it's really difficult to divide the two things and give exact time frames.
    Anyway vertical construction started in march 2015 (with some theming already in place). In march 2016 they started with tests (but with some theming still to be finished, especially the one of the area and the restaurant).

The area they are working now is a little bigger than Klugheim, so if the coaster is not as intricate as Taron maybe they need less time to complete everything. Or maybe they need more (a LOT more) and it will open in 2019 :P. I for sure hope for the first one!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2017 edited

Dang americans taking european things (#Helix) only to make them bigger and bolder.

Also, inversions confirmed:

2018 is just going to be amazing!
    ^ Huh? Vertical drop out of the station?? :0
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2017

Where is that?
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2017

Oh sorry, it's at Silver Dollar City, it's a Mack.

By the way, vertical drop here, vertical drop on Wonder Woman, vertical drop on Mean Streak... It's twenty "90°" eighteen!
    Man I really need to get to Missouri now!
    • CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2017 edited

Trackparts ready for F.L.Y. PHL :

Edit : Images delete due claim from PHL and Vekoma.

All info and more pictures : http://vekoma.webklik.nl/page/vekoma-nieuws
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2017

Where's the blue track going?
    Oakwood 2018 Giga coaster
    Disney tron