Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorrct800
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2017

I'm really happy to see another innovative ride concept from Mack! However I'm not too happy about the layout. The elements itself look really good but why does it stop before the first launch? Also, the second launch is really pointless with such a short coaster section after it... just my 2 cents.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasilisk

The second launch is needed to get the train back to the station since the station is placed on top of the cliff/hill.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2017 edited

CGA is getting a mirrored Wonder Woman clone.

at least it looks a lot nicer
    •  
      CommentAuthorlamewad

It does look a lot better than Wonder Woman. What a crazy day of announcements.
    Is it national coaster day everywhere?

I know over here in the UK it is.
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

Holy shit yes
    It appears that Wonder Woman is a clone of Rail Blazer that just happened to be announced first. RB fits its area much more naturally than WW, which sort of just sticks out.
    also explains the lack of terrain interaction with WW
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2017 edited

Knott's gets an Infinity dive coaster next year.

•  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2017

FUCK. YES.
    HOOOOOly shit
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles

HYPE HYPE HYPE
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

I LOVE that layout, it looks like it'll be a lot of fun all around.

...But am I the only one who thinks the "holding brake" is rather ridiculous? Like come on, at-least a third of the drop is gone with that long straight bit before the actual plummit. Seems like wasted potential to me.
    If the drop was bigger, they'd have to make the elements bigger which means more money and space. Think of it as extra height instead of wasted height.

I can understand why someone might not like it, but I do. Consider how many drops like that of Fahrenheit and the Eurofighters exist, then consider how unique this is. Takabisha is the only one similar that I can think of at the moment, and it looks real scary to me. I wouldn't want it on every coaster, but in this case I think this design is a plus.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

^Really didn't think about it in that perspective. I guess when you consider space and costs it makes a bit more sense to have that 'length' of hold before the actual drop. Although even with that aside I think the size of the holding brake in comparison to the drop itself still looks pretty damn silly, even with the practical thought behind it.
    These drops need a flat roll over the cliff type of drop like cannibal. I think the holding brake at a high degree is eh at best.
    • CommentAuthorA113

wasted opportunity on perlious plunge's revenge
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

Perilouser Plunge?
    • CommentAuthorarktic2

I do love the blue fire at sdc for 2018.

xD

^^Perilous Plunger
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters

Well, if you would reduce the costs of the bigger elements, why not just cut the hight of the coaster too and also it doens't seem that ridiculous
    Let's hope gerstlauer get this cobra roll right xD
    • CommentAuthorStevenX

Hang Time looks pretty good, and a nice use of the space. Great upgrade from Boomerang! The holding brake thing does look a bit weird, but I don't hate it. It almost looks like there was a mistake made in the design and they realised they made the lift too high, and fixed it by doing that. I'm sure that's not the case, but it does kind of look like a quick fix solution.

Rail Blazer looks good too. Obviously just a mirror of Wonder Woman, but the landscaping makes all the difference I think.

Time Traveler looks really nice as well. That's probably the most interesting of everything announced yesterday to me. Mack always delivers, and I think there'll be some really unusual forces on it with the spinning and inverting.

Steel Vengeance - Honestly, I'm kind of bored of hearing about this, and seeing construction photos. It looks... fine. I've only been on one RMC (The Joker) but wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be given the RMC love online. I think the second half actually looks better than the first with all the bunny hops through the structure.

Twisted Timbers - Looks fun, although I'm not crazy for RMC.
    RailBlazer: Yeah it definitely looks a lot better than Wonder Woman; I'd definitely prefer actual interaction with theming (weaving around all of the rock formations) over just being on top of a lake the whole time. I also love the orange-brown color scheme on this thing!

HangTime: Actually looks great! Looks like the speed could be slow enough at the tops of the inversions to get some negative Gs -- guess it's called "Hangtime" for a reason. I find it cool that the thing ends with a cobra roll; you don't see many rides ending with vertical-type inversions. Also I might be stating the obvious here but this thing looks like it could be the first half of a Smiler-like ride. (Quick someone make one in NL2!)

Time Traveler: Wow this looks good! The layout on this one reminds me of that NL1 ride Curse of Fellfall Wood in a way (great intro, with nonstop fast-paced elements for the main course followed by a finale of big, soaring elements). Really wish it didn't stop before the first launch though -- that really looks like it could kill the pacing.

Twisted Timbers: Huh, three straight airtime hills in a row is definitely NOT what I expected from RMC! Looks really really good, though I don't think it quite trumps Wicked Cyclone (similar size) in terms of layout. I think that, with all of the elements weaving perfectly into one another in a satisfyingly long layout, they perfected their compact style of ride on that one.

Steel Vengeance: DAAAAAAAMN this looks amazing! Yeah we've all seen the giant elements for a long time now, but I freaking love the post-MCBR part too. Yeah some people think it looks repetitive, but I think it only looks like that if you look at the layout for its individual elements. The awesomeness of that 2nd half lies in how perfectly every turn and hill blends into the next. Given how different the tight and frenetic pacing of the second half is from the soaring and gigantic scale of the first half, I think the ride should be an unforgettably incredible experience from start to finish. This thing reminds me so much of my favorite roller coaster: If the SFGAm Goliath is RMC's Colossos / El Toro, and Wicked Cyclone is RMC's Balder, then Steel Vengeance is RMC's T Express. And THAT is going to be so freaking amazing.
    • CommentAuthorMr. E

Does anyone else notice the weird support at the top of the first element and dive loop on Hang Time?

Edit:
    Pretty sure the reason that that support's there is so that the arch-like dive loop element can also double as a support for the Immelmann.
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

^ Gerstlauer does this a lot, actually.
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters

*arch-like immelmann, support the dive loop
    ^^where?
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Nowhere actually. Or maybe Ol' is refering to the potato loop on Junker?

It's been 13 hours+ since the announcement of HangTime, and still no NoLimits recreation. I am disappointed.
    Otherwise I like that layout, up until the cobra-roll. I don't really like cobra-rolls, but eh.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlamewad

Cobra Rolls are so hit and miss for me. I think the one on Alpengeist and Raptor are genius, but I absolutely hate the one on Silver Bullet. I think Cobra Rolls are generally awesome on Floorless B&Ms though.
    Huracan, first gerstlauer cobra roll = shit entry, shit exit

Smiler, second gerstlauer cobra roll = shit exit

Hangtime, third gerstlauer cobra roll = decent?
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

King ofc I was referring to Junker (and also Monster IIRC) the one on HangTime is just much more prominent.
    • CommentAuthorPopFilms

Six Flags Great Adventure Teaser Number is 732-928-2000 ext. 3992

My prediction: GADV said it would be a world's first.
    S.T.A.R labs is from the flash. When I think flash I think launched coaster.
    When they said Gyroscopes, I thought of a spinning coaster.
    I wonder who is building small launched spinning coasters... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DYauTLtiDA
    •  
      CommentAuthorskyasaurus
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2017

@lamewad I understand that sentiment. I found both Raptor and Alpengiest to have wonderful cobra rolls, as well as the Vekoma Invertigos as well, of all things. What did you notice about Silver Bullet's roll that made it unpleasant? Just out of curiosity.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2017 edited

Immelman launch for the flying coaster at Phantasialand? :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2017 edited

KLC Engineering will make the lighting package for HangTime. Same dudes as for The Monster, it should be great!

By the way, have you noticed how the cobra roll is at the same spot and is about the same size of the former Boomerang one? Coicidence, I think NOT!
    ^He's guilty I say, guilty!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlamewad
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2017

@skyasaurus

I just think the Silver Bullet Cobra Roll is sort of forceless compared to others. I also really am not the biggest fan of the overbanked turn that sets it up. I think a Zero-G is the best set up for it. I guess maybe I am just not the biggest fan of Silver Bullet :)
    I can definitely see that about Silver Bullet's cobra roll, in fact that's exactly what I would've expected. The overbank always looked like the best part of the ride to me, though I haven't ridden. Surprised to see a negative opinion of that element in particular.
    •  
      CommentAuthorangaflow

I was at Cedar Point this weekend and Steel Vengeance looks absolutely insane!
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

I agree that SB's cobra roll isn't very good, but the overbank is probably the best part of the ride. I've never heard a negative review of it.
    • CommentAuthorlore_sully
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2017

I've ridden it and i think that the overbanked is almost the only good part of the ride xD
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2017 edited

^ THE HELIX DON'T FORGET THE HELIX

Honestly ignoring the cobra roll, Silver Bullet is really great invert actually, in my opinion at least.

Let's not forget the corkscrew>wave turn>corkscrew series, that's my favorite element on almost any coaster. It rides so well

Ok I'll be honest I really like Silver Bullet from beginning to end. Even the drop, the second half of it provides a similar sensation to Revolution, diving and picking up speed as you head directly into the loop.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

The S&S launch in Sun Tzu Cultural Park China:

That station plateform looks familiar, doesn't it? (thanks skyscraper on CC for spotting this)
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2017 edited

This looks like the best overbank RMC has ever made.
    Nahhh the benefit here is the structure, but I'd say Outlaw Run's first overbank, or that second element on Wildfire which looks to be slightly overbanked before the crazy twist out. The turning drop off the cliff on Iron Rattler I think is overbanked too, that has to be up there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2017 edited

The last overbank will be the best in my opinion, it has its entry and exit filled with air:

Click for POV.

It's like the beginning of a Stengel dive, then a tiny overbank, and a reverse Stengel dive on the way out.