Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Yeah King that one struck me as interesting too. I like it a lot.
    • CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2017

Today @ Vekoma, they where testing with real small people (not adult persons) in the test seats.
    After the tests the train was returned BACKWARDS into the center of the "station".

The test setup has an sepperate , power supply, like u see on an carnival / fun fair. After the train was in the "station" they turned of the external power supply. (diesel powered)
    so... children then lmao
    • CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2017

Maybe from employees ?
    nah, Tyrion Lannister just wanted a go on a roller coaster
    @KingRCT3

That's a wave turn (I think), which is why it looks so juicy. Seems like they threw in a quick floater pop in-between the roll in and out of turn.
    Does anybody know the differences between the RMC generation 1 trains and the new generation 2 trains coming out on Steel vengeance?
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2017 edited

I believe the changes are mostly in the chassis part of the train. The new trains use dual wheels like the Gerstlauer trains on New Texas Giant and IRat. I also believe the connection between cars is also longer allowing for tighter elements.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

^ Nice catch, I didn't even saw that.

Posted By: XazzaphonicThat's a wave turn (I think), which is why it looks so juicy.

I think a wave turn has a pop of air at the top, and it's usually 90° or slightly more. Steel Vengeance got two of them.
    But here, it's more like an overbank turn in my opinion, with two pops of air. But anyway, it's a cool element!

I noticed a small S-turn action (left-right) at the bottom of the first drop. Do you think we'll feel it while on board?

^ I'm gonna guess that's just an error within whatever rendering software they are using? The track on it didn't look entirely smooth, so I'd put it down to that.
    I don't think that's an error. I'd guess with the speed and lack of banking, it'll be subtle but noticeable. I think you'll see some sway in the riders when watching from the back. I'd guess most will miss it though after such a powerful drop.
    • CommentAuthorAyTrane
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2017

You'll notice that the track steps left or right multiple times on the ride in order to line up with one of the series of old bents on the ride. More than likely this is a 9ft (8'-8") shift to match the alignment of the second hill.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskyasaurus

In the animation you can see the rails shift from the right side of the bents to the left.
    • CommentAuthorAyTrane

It also wouldn't surprise me that either A) the structure was not plumb or B) the foundation was not poured in a straight line. Both can be corrected with timber track without really noticing, but steel track needs to be forced over. At any rate, it is a pretty large shift. The track seems to bias itself to the right at the base of the lift (in the approach curve).
    Ah, my guess based on that AyTrane, it's aligned right for the lift because the stairs are on the left. At the end of the drop, then the track switches to the left to make a wider right hand turn or otherwise align better on the first hill.
    https://gyazo.com/0dc3a12903f8bb72e52d5f2a244b40b4

This image of Twisted Timbers end of the brake run has to be a Computer glitch. I don't think they would put a kink in the rails like this one.
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles

Computer glitch =/= human error =/= 22 year old engineering

It could be any number of things
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2017 edited

Posted By: jpaufscI believe the changes are mostly in the chassis part of the train. The new trains use dual wheels like the Gerstlauer trains on New Texas Giant and IRat. I also believe the connection between cars is also longer allowing for tighter elements.

Is it just me or do the trains also seem wider? We won't be able to really tell until we have a physical picture of them, but that was the one thing that jumped out to me, especially in the Steel Vengeance renderings.
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2017

that looks like a fast paced roll. Incredible fast/sharp
    • CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2017

3 new pictures @ Vekoma Vlodrop (Track pieces for F.L.Y.) :

http://vekoma.webklik.nl/page/vekoma-nieuws
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2017

Twisted Cyclone for Six Flags Over Georgia. Wow that's short. But that wave turn tho, DAT WAVE TURN.
    • CommentAuthorrct800

I'm pretty disappointed to be honest. I felt like the old layout had the potential to be the next Wicked Cyclone, which is RMCs masterpiece in terms of compact twisters IMO...
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

All Six Flags news.

The biggest ones being:

Two Star Light (Tourbillon) from ABC Rides - Six Flags Great Adventure and Six Flags Over Texas
    Two Giant Discovery Zamperla, with one being gianter than the other - Six Flags New England and Six Flags Magic Mountain
    A Larson Loop - Six Flags Great America
    A S&S Free-Spin - Six Flags Mexico
    A Skywarp from Skyline Attractions Six Flags Dicovery Kingdom
    A Raptor track RMC - Six Flags Fiesta Texas
    A RMC conversion - Six Flags Over Georgia
    • CommentAuthorlore_sully

What a poor year for six flags. Neither of those new rides is really impressive (except the wonder woman rmc coaster maybe).

And when will they add a new big coaster (so no joker/4d free spin) to SF Great Adventure? It's the second most important park of the chain and they haven't got a big coaster in ages.
    I'm not yet sure what I think of the announcements overall, but as for Twisted Cyclone, it seems very lackluster. To be clear, lackluster in comparison to what I would expect from RMC. It is probably entirely Six Flags to blame, though. The layout it does have looks great, but it ends when I expected it to only be about halfway through the ride. I can only assume that was Six Flags being cheap and not wanting to pay for a longer ride. Again, I'm sure the ride will be great (it is RMC), but not as great as I was expecting.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRCF

Really disappointing. Now is when I start hoping 2019 is better and it still isn't.
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2017 edited

Remember when we could be excited for the possibility of an El Toro or a Tatsu?

Those were the days... But 2 clones and the 179th RMC conversion are interesting too.
    ^Same. But as far as theme parks in general for next year, I'm satisfied with what will possibly be the greatest roller coaster ever built, Harley Quinn Crazy Coaster.

Oh excuse me. Steel Vengeance.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

Yeah I prefer the original Georgia Cyclone to the new one. There was still no reason for them to RMC it.
    I like the wave turn on the New Twisted Cyclone. but after that the ride seems eh at best.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

I wouldn't say this year is terrible, but with all the teasing it had me a little underwhelmed. I went on their site with low expectations anyway. I'm glad that SFNE is getting a Giant Discovery, that's a kind of flat the park needed. The Tourbillons are cool, but I'm just a little concerned about their popularity with the GP. It's very intimidating to look at, and the idea of just being everywhere like that might just cause a fair share of panic attacks and other problems. I'd definitely ride them, but after all Six Flags is meant for everyone and even their thrill demographic should be well considered. We'll see the reviews when they open. The bigger Larson Loop is an expected but bad addition. I like the Wonder Woman free spin, and I even like the colors too! The name is still pretty bad anyway... The Skywarp will be pretty cool, at least it's not a single loop! The raptor was announced already, I'll pass over that. And lastly, Twisted Cyclone does indeed look cool, but it's probably just not going to be Wicked Cyclone caliber. They definitely went for a different kind of approach, with more unique maneuvers. I also noticed it will use the typical RMC trains, any ideas why?

The rest of the stuff isn't really interesting enough for me to talk about :P
    • CommentAuthorkryptos001

I can buy into the "reverse cobra roll" and the wave turn, but the rest of the layout seems uninspired. Given such the short layout, why put two large overbanks into the ride? That, paired with the shallow-sloping hills in the second half, makes the ride feel like wasted potential
    •  
      CommentAuthorDC High Heat
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2017 edited

I agree about the overbanks, but I think the first one works really well. It's very similar to Hellcat Clementon's turnaround, which would be really cool if it didn't run slower than designed and therefore lack airtime entering and exiting.

I think where it could've been improved, other than adding some small hills in place of the super long brake and flat section into the station, would be to move that third roll to after the final turnaround. I think that's a spot where the ride should be picking up pacing and going into a series of say 2-3 increasingly intense hills. As is, the roll will be fun as always but it doesn't do anything for ride progression. I think the design would feel more complete with those hills, maybe a flat turnaround ascending at the end (fixing the issue with two very similar overbanks) into a downward slanted roll like Medusa, then hop into brakes. Not sure that roll would work with the footers, but the idea is there where the ride pacing seems to increase up until the final moment where it ends with the roll being an exclamation mark.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26

The Skywarp will be pretty cool, at least it's not a single loop!

Likely because SFDK already has a regular Larson Loop. LOL. Happy for Skyline to have sold one, but subpar job on ride lineup planning there, Six Flags.

•  
      CommentAuthorParadox

Hey SFOT now has 2 rides named Harley Quinn Spinsanity so.
    ^Yep, and that's after they just rethemed Crazy Legs to Harley Quinn last year. Great planning.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

It's so funny because everyone on their Facebook page think they are plussing the existing Harley Quinn one. "Hey look, they are adding rotations!"
    Twisted Cyclone is really underwhelming considering what RMC has done. Its almost like they were told to do this ride as cheap as possible, "but make sure it has 3 inversions".

Anyone else notice this ride is going to have the 1st generation RMC trains? It's not a rendering error either, RMC is already manufacturing them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2017

They weren't allowed to raise the coaster more than the original, and I think that's the first and only reconversion in this case, or am I mistaking.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDC High Heat
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2017 edited

Yeah I definitely don't think they could've made another lap with the speed/pacing necessary to keep excitement up. I'm only surprised at the long straights at the end, I'm not sure why they didn't make some of that into 1-2 more hops for a more complete ending. I'm sure there's a reason though, as RMC really pushes to use up all their juice and takes their valleys way lower than any other major manufacturer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc

^^ If you mean adding height, I believe they are adding 5 ft to the lift.
    ^According to this nifty infographic, Twisted Cyclone will be 96 feet tall

So yes, RMC is making the ride taller... by one foot
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc

^ Then it appears that RCDb needs a correction then. They have it listed at 100 ft.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2017

Video of Vekoma testing the rotation for FLY.

My only gripe with Twisted Cyclone is the last over bank should have been replaced with some outward banked airtime & regular airtime hills. Maybe make the 3rd roll a stall too
    Pretty sure there's not enough speed/height to make that last roll a stall. The closest thing would be for it to rotate one way then rotate back immediately, like Wicked Cyclone, and even that would be probably pushing it.
    Posted By: DC High HeatPretty sure there's not enough speed/height to make that last roll a stall. The closest thing would be for it to rotate one way then rotate back immediately, like Wicked Cyclone, and even that would be probably pushing it.

Yeah, that's what I mean, which would be a "stall" because it stalls the fluidity of the roll and returns the way it rotated
    •  
      CommentAuthorMillennium
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2017

I actually feel like the ride is going to haul into the brakes and that there could be a relatively low to the ground stall, or more to the layout. Wicked Cyclone is 9 feet taller but has 900ft more of track. I'm sure there would be enough speed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2017

The S&S launcher at Sun Tzu park that has sat in a field for a few years has finally been finished.