Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthornolimiters
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2017 edited

Look at that flat turn, based on Code's SW 8 Video it will be pretty fast.

Staff edit: What do you mean, staff edit?
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2017 edited

^First wooden with swinging cars, haha!
    That's weird.

-

Scroll down for a POV of DC Rivals synced with a g-meter.
    • CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2017

New trackparts ready to be shipped to PHL (F.L.Y.) :\

All info and pictures : http://vekoma.webklik.nl/page/vekoma-nieuws
    SW8 is giving me quite an RCT3 vibe rn
    Is it completely out of the question that there might be some kind of launch on SW8 given the incredibly shallow incline to the top?
    ^ It's a regular lift, it's so shallow because it has to go from one side of the area to the other while staying under the treeline.
    • CommentAuthorStevenX
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2017

^ I think it's a "regular" lift, as in it's slow, but I think I read it might be a silent magnetic lift hill instead of a traditional chain lift hill.
    • CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2017

Just a short video i took @ Vekoma Prototype FLY : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO5we1Xmiqc
    ^Unavailable?
    • CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2017

@ CoolioJoe100,

Maybe its your internetbrowser, its does work perfectly. 950 views.
    The link works fine now. Not sure what happened the first time. I'm also subbed to your YT and I got it in my feed :)
    • CommentAuthorMilBee
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2017 edited

Potential good news for Kennywood fans. I know we heard about an RMC going behind the Log Jammer but haven't heard anything else for about a year. I just read that Kennywood is removing the Log Jammer. So maybe they are moving forward with the RMC project and could potentially have it done next summer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKWTbolt
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2017

Doubt it'll be done next summer as there has to be just an immense amount of work to be done in the ravine itself. This could definitely be beginning prep though for the project and hopefully the start of an entire area back there to go with it.
    • CommentAuthorPopFilms
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2017 edited

Sesame Place announces Oscar's Wacky Taxi, a 40 ft tall GCI coaster for 2018

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sesame-place-unveils-plans-for-first-wooden-coaster-300522843.html?scrlybrkr=028ece59

EDIT: Wow it's actually a gravity group! Who would have thought!
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2017

Eurosat 2.0 for 2018
    Posted By: PopFilmsEDIT: Wow it's actually a gravity group! Who would have thought!

From the track work, I would have. ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2017 edited

^^

Source: twitter @europaparkNL

Source: twitter @europaparkFR

Edit:
    Someone also recorded the layout preview video now:
    Watch on his YouTube Channel.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHZGarfield
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2017

RC Racer at SHDL

• CommentAuthorJAKool

So glad one of the worst lands in Disney history going to such a prestigious themepark
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles

Whoa, those sightlines are impeccable
    • CommentAuthorPopFilms

I'm so glad Florida is getting a custom Mack and not one of these things.
    • CommentAuthorlore_sully

I don't understand how this low capacity coaster can work in an 11 million visitors park. It's always packed in walt disney studios in Paris, and they have half the visitors!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

The waterslide wheel is finally happening! Coming up in China for 2018 (Chimlong Waterpark) it is currently being erected and tested at the Wiegand factory in Germany.

Source
    • CommentAuthorDelay

How it is supposed to work?
    I spy pink and green Mack track
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

I was wondering if it wasn't DC Rivals... Maybe these pics are old.

^^ You got all your answers with this video. ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorKG9

Hell to the naw! My anxiety and claustrophobia would be all the way up on that thing.
    Seems pretty gimmicky considering you'd get a more fun experience on traditional slides. Certainly an interesting concept, though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHLcoasters

I really like the concept but was disappointed by the Video.
    I expected a continous Speed and more Speed and less going Forward and Backwards.
    But because im Not an expert with slides and the concept with all the Turning still Looks quite cool i would really like To See a real pov
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

I agree - I mean, I even expect the onride experience to be rather dull. I'm just hoping we will get some speed and go up the "walls" in order to have some swing action, but we shall see...

BUT it looks so awesome, it's massive, eye-catching, kinetic, bold, dream-like... I love it.
    I could imagine it being very disorienting for sure. Very curious to see the real thing in action.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2017

Wait - the Slidewheel pics were took at Münsterhausen, I've been there I should have noticed earlier. And that's the Gerstlauer plant. We can see the dark green Takabisha clone, and then this mysterious pink one...
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2017

Toverland just posted a teaser of there 2018 B&M wing coaster.
    Looks and sounds like a Taron theme!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

You recognize IMAscore right off the bat!

-

Another Vekoma is up at a Fantawild in China. It looks really good, I'm still in love with the shape (and feels) of that first inversion.

The colors tho, that's another topic.
    Is that the formula one clone with a lift?
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Yes, and an extended ending.
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters

Google renewed there satellite images of alton towers, which gives a good overview of the plot of SW8
    •  
      CommentAuthorDanSm1l3r
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2017

Yeah those images are from May. Feels weird seeing how much the site has developed in 6 months since the park opened for the season.

Some photos of SW8/Wicker Man. Full album of photos here

I still dont think it looks too impressive, but there are a couple areas that look like they might redeem the ride (Specifically the double down drop and the two small hills going through the giant wickerman structure)
    •  
      CommentAuthorskyasaurus

you'd be surprised, i have never been let down by a GCI. they've got the magic touch, moreso than any other manufacturer i've experienced.
    ^ My assumptions are based on the "modern" wooden coasters I have been on (so megafobia, goldstriker, apocalypse and ghostrider post re-track). To me it just seems to lack a certain "spark" to the layout to me personally. I dont want it to be bad (I do want to come off the ride actually liking it), but from what I have seen so far im not holding my hopes up too high

EDIT: Made my phrasing a tad better
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2017 edited

You have to trust them though, tiny understated transitions that turn out to be wild are what they do best. See: all of Mystic Timbers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26

Mystic Timbers is so damn good. Rode it this weekend, and was pretty blown away. Jumped to probably #2 on my favorite woodies list, behind only Ravine Flyer II.

Between riding it and the very-good-but-more-obviously-family-oriented White Lightning this summer... I'm thinking that SW8 is going to be just fine, unless Alton specifically requested that they hold back for some reason.

https://gyazo.com/daa66cd902f2ecd77ce0d072a8825104
    Steel Vengeance has officially been topped off. Wow.
    •  
      CommentAuthorhukk
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2017

Damn.
    The first two inversions look so tiny now... I cannot wait to see this thing Saturday. Holy shit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskyasaurus

i just really really hope it doesn't have any structural issues. it would be the absolute greatest amusement park tragedy of all time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDanSm1l3r

Posted By: BBSpeed26

Mystic Timbers is so damn good. Rode it this weekend, and was pretty blown away. Jumped to probably #2 on my favorite woodies list, behind only Ravine Flyer II.

Between riding it and the very-good-but-more-obviously-family-oriented White Lightning this summer... I'm thinking that SW8 is going to be just fine, unless Alton specifically requested that they hold back for some reason.

Rumour has it Merlin/Alton asked GCI/Skyline to make SW8 a bit more 'floaty'. However I'm uncertain on how credible that rumour is.
    ^^I know right, seeing as how RMC half-asses everything they do smh.
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles

I hope its magnetic fins stay aligned