Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2017 edited

I hope the fins blow out and ignite just because launched woodie
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2017 edited

Toverland released more details about there new area and dive coaster.
    Toverland.comAvalon
    The new themed area wil be inspired by the Celtic legends, with the famous wizard Merlin, King Arthur and the magics word Excalibur.
    Head designer said: "Avalon is a magical place where Merlin is the central part. Together with his fellow Fēnix he ensures the good magic dominates here. The evil, personified by the witch Morgana, is always on the hunt."

Fēnix
    The wingcoaster is one of the two eyecatchers of Avalon, and is called Fēnix. "The almighty firebird Fēnix rises from his ash after 777 years. Our guest are ask to take place under the wings of Fēnix to attend his first flight" The manufacture is Bolliger & Mabillard. Fēnix is 40 meters tall, 813 meter long and reach a top speed of 95km/h. During the ride passengers go upside down three times and experience near misses during the ride. A ride takes (without getting in and out) two minutes. It's the longest wingcoaster of Europe and the first in the BeNeLux.

Merin's Quest
    In the boadride Merlin's Quest the guest can enjoy a 12 minute long ride through the waters of Avalon. The guest will be searching for Tir na nÓg, the source of eternal life. "During the ride the boat sails through a ruin. In this darkride the source could be found." De boatride is a family attraction. In total 14 boat sail the 430 meter long path. Merlin's Quest will be build by MACK Rides, which build earlier the spinning coaster Dwervelwind and logflume Backstroke in Toverland.

Future with Magic
    The seven hectare is the biggest expantion in the history of Toverland and will coast 30 million Euro's. More about the new entry area will be released later this year.
    The ambition of toverland is to reach the one million visitors in the up cumming years. The themepark will expand the duration of stay by building more extensions and a up coming four star hotelresort.
    The future will be full of magic.

•  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2017

I'm in love with the art-style!

The wing coaster, well it isn't ground-breaking but that'd be one more cool ride for Toverland. I remember this park when it was basically an indoor playground!
    • CommentAuthorPopFilms

That looks really nice! I don't know much about toverland but I hope this theming is present when the ride opens.
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters

•  
      CommentAuthorParadox

I'm a bit bummed it's only just the fan layout but I really think it could turn out very well.
    I love the hill, immelmann, turn and zero g but I feel the rest of the layout leaves a lot to be desired .-.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2017 edited

In today's "Find the manufacturer", here are two new contestants from Abu Dhabi's Warner Brothers Theme Park currently under construction.

^ For this one I'm thinking of Zamperla, if you look at the triangular ties (visible on the right of the picture) that reminds me of Thunderbolt.

However, this one I don't know:

Maybe an Intamin with smaller vehicles? The two-tubes is weird for an inverted coaster. Maybe Pinfari really isn't dead after all.
    The two tube is probably an intamin, the concept art had a coaster with the same track with trains that look really similar to the ones on dragekongen

https://gyazo.com/56a51680c2816e8ee8b14191181163b4
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2017 edited

•  
      CommentAuthorProjektion
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2017 edited

Not yet confirmed, but a Skywarp is likely coming to Kings Islandfor 2018

https://twitter.com/ScottFaisTV/status/913497037563457536
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles

If SFDK and KI are on the news talking about Skywarp, I'd say that just about confirms it

Edit: Fuck
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2017

I don't hate that for KI. A fine bridge investment in a coaster-y flat ride thing in a park that could use a few more flats.

•  
      CommentAuthorParadox

The news report was actually talking to a guy at Skyline who worked on Mystic Timbers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26

Also,

A new bread of #rollercoaster

?

yep, didn't you hear?
    •  
      CommentAuthorskyasaurus

om nom nom
    Forget Steel Vengeance! This is what I've been waiting for! #CedarPoint2018
    • CommentAuthorMrRC

Whats missing in this picture ?? :

•  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26

^Vekoma FLY prototype coming down?

• CommentAuthorMrRC

Yes they taking it apart.(last set of pictures untill something special to be seen)

https://gyazo.com/7ac2dc84c646d0061e699d6e6f6188bf

Sweet mother of god...
    • CommentAuthorDanKruga
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2017

Jaw on the floor goodness. I can not WAIT!!!!
    • CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2017 edited

edit : 90 degrees (according to RCDB)

89.9 degrees ? holy sh#*&t.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganFan
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2017

F#CK ME UP FAM
    Why does this look so much more insane than the animation?! My GOD!!!
    The air time in the back car is going to be pure ecstasy...
    https://gyazo.com/b3f4495f0c59b42df116ae1228153e85
    We are not worthy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2017

Woah...
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

• CommentAuthorStevenX

So I've actually found Steel Vengeance to not look particularly exciting so far (kinda don't get the RMC love), but that drop does look great.
    ^Have you been on one?
    What's your favorite manufacturer/coaster style, StevenX? Just out of curiosity.
    OMG FLY looks more and more awesome and it's only like 150/>1000 meters already built <3
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

•  
      CommentAuthorMillennium

I'm in love; that's beautiful. The straight, 90 degree portion makes the drop look so clean. Is the drop completely finished?
    I'm looking at this in class and trying not to freak out.
    So it's done now?
    • CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2017

@CoolioJoe100

Did u clean the drool of your desk ?
    ^No but thank you for your concern.
    •  
      CommentAuthortpainrad

Posted By: StevenXSo I've actually found Steel Vengeance to not look particularly exciting so far (kinda don't get the RMC love), but that drop does look great.

Im kind of with you. The first half of the layout before the MCBR looks great, but the back half I'm just okay with.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDanSm1l3r
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2017 edited

What is going on there... Between the rails.

Looks like an antirollback shape but... on a drop. Any theories?
    Posted By: MrRC@CoolioJoe100

Did u clean the drool of your desk ?

It wasn't drool that I had to clean up...
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters

That is on every GCI when the lay down the track planks. Don't know why though.
    But they remove them when it's finished
    •  
      CommentAuthorMattCamMans

^ I think you're correct. Here is an image which shows something similar on the Happy Valley Chengdu GCI during construction (2017).

Image credit: Paradox
    •  
      CommentAuthorDanSm1l3r

Damn. And here I was hoping for it to be some sort of sound effect thing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

My favorite part on the extended Formula One layout is the triple S-turns, with the last one going down in a tunnel:

Yeah I don't like the first half of the layout at all (other than the drop which is fine), but I actually love the ending, from that first S hill to the brakes.
    Those paths look straight out of the light pattern creator
    •  
      CommentAuthorskyasaurus

The height difference between the lift and remaining layout on Steel Vengance is incredible, almost like Skyrush. The first two hills have some height but by the time it gets to the roll it is staying pretty low. This thing is gonna fly.