Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Steel Vengeance looks amazing!

Here's a video of the latest redo of the layout for Energylandia's 2018 Intamin! There lot of modifications for the 2nd half that I personally like, especially the new airtime hill into the splash element, but I wish they could have kept the S-hill after the first small overbank instead of the regular airtime hill they have now.

• CommentAuthorInkyz
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2017

Somehow I hate that ending even more than the old one.
    Why? It flows a lot better, and going through all those transitions in the outer seats will feel amazing
    • CommentAuthorInkyz

Oh of course I'm not denying the experience will still be phenomenal, but the layout itself seems very uninspired. It looks like they could've used the space available in a more interesting way, it kind of just looks like they slapped a bunch of elements together in an order and were like "Hey, it'll do."
    ^ Im inclined to agree with you. Its going to be a really fun coaster but i'm just finding the layout to not have that, special something?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

Yeah I'm kinda in the middle too. Without doubt the coaster is going to be an incredible experience, and the first half (up to the overbank) is really damn good. But like Inkyz said the 2nd half feels somewhat weak. I'm going to hold back a solid opinion until I see actual tests of the ride since I'm sure it'll all come down to pacing.
    • CommentAuthorMrRC

I have strong feeling, some track parts (Station) have been shipped to PHL coz some parts are missing @ Vekoma Vlodrop as u can see in the next pictures :

Aug 7th :

Okt 6th :

Maybe they gonna re-use some track parts of the test setup :

• CommentAuthorInkyz
    • CommentTime6 days ago

This isn't so much an update but rather a theory about SW8, and the theme surrounding it.

So everyone knows about how this logo was trademarked with the name Wickerman, right?
    And Alton's new maze, The Welcoming, contains the same symbols but spelling out "Wickerman".
    This all points to a Wickerman theme, and the statue is also evidence of this.
    However, a movie called the Kill List (which is also about cults) bears a lot of similarities to what Alton has given us. Take a look;

Is it just coincidence? It may be, but the background image has serious resemblance to the logo. Guess we'll just have to wait and find out.
    • CommentAuthorRyanTPM
    • CommentTime5 days ago

^The theme is the same, but I seriously doubt that SW8 will have anything to do with any film, and definitely not that one. The symbol in the background is to do with a cult, so it's all the same, but not directly linked. The same as the Wickerman films, and even The Ritual which has just been released, all the same theme and idea.
    Yeah those two logos arn’t even remotely the same tbh, think you’re clutching at straws. They are both just generic “cult/demon” pentagram type affairs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDanSm1l3r
    • CommentTime5 days ago

One thing DEFINITELY worth noting about the connection that may/may not exist is that in 'The Welcoming', Alton's new scaremaze this year which they're dubbing the 'official prelude to SW8', there are actors close to the finale wearing masks almost identical to those seen in the last image Inkyz posted. Whilst I doubt the connection of the film and the ride, the resemblance of those masks to the ones in The Welcoming is uncanny.

The maze itself is very very good by the way, sets the story for SW8 very well! :-D
    • CommentAuthorRyanTPM
    • CommentTime5 days ago

^Again, the masks are all to do with the cult style theme, they're this way in a lot of the films with this sort of plot line
    In (late) reference to Energylandia's new Intamin design:

It'll still be a great ride, but I strongly dislike the third iteration of the layout. I think the ending 20 seconds or so will be more exciting this way, but it's at way too much expense for the rest of the ride that was changed.

I don't understand the tiny off axis hill (or whatever they call it) after the dive loop type element. Between the low Stengel and the S hill, then the interaction with the out run and supports, that section was amazing in the 2nd iteration. Going from the floater hill to the overbank now kills what I thought was going to be the sleeper hit of the ride, those flat S turns through the structure with the hop as an exclamation point. Now they're slower and more drawn out at the end of the ride, with much less interaction with structure. Then the low hill into the low Stengel just look sloppy to me. Seems their only goal there was to get themselves more space for a better ending, rather than making each section the best it can be.

For me, the current iteration is like a solid NL design. The second iteration was a pro design.

Oh well. Still gotta love a new 260' Intamin mega whenever something like this happens.
    I still stick to my belief that the very first proposal was the best one. Visually it looked amazing, and it looked like it would've ridden the best. With every new rendition of this layout, they've been declining in quality imho.

But I agree with DC up here, a 260' Intamin hyper is still a 260' Intamin Hyper.