Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

quite...
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2017 edited

Coming from someone who has grown up their entire life going to Disneyland and California Adventure, as someone who has always loved DCA even with all its negatives and awful theming, as someone who sincerely wants this park to succeed and become world class, as someone who has years of memories in this park and finally got to see it starting to turn around, this is a complete fucking insult. This is Disney proverbially spitting on any of their fans that actually care about this park, even through its troubled history. This once and for all proves that Disney corporate doesn't care at all about their parks and only listens to the sounds of cash from park guests and from John Lasseter slipping them 50s under the table. This is the end of my, and probably many other's, already waning respect for Disney.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKG9
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2017

This sucks. That's all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2017 edited

I give up. I give up trying to give out second chances. I give up trying to hold my judgement until I see it. I give up trying to pretend I respect Disney's treatment of this park even a minuscule amount. I'm done. I grew up with this park, as a kid I loved it, right up until ToT died I loved it. But this is it. I'm done. Disney is so concerned with shoving IPs and cash-grabs right up DCA's metaphorical asshole. I don't give a damn if you call me butt hurt, or cancer, or a whining pouting child, because you're right. I am. My memories and childhood sink deep into this park and they're carelessly fucking it all up, for millions even. Mission Breakout was the nail in the coffin for this park in my eyes, and although MB is good, this is just complete and utter garbage inside and out. This park is done, and was a complete waste pf what could've been one of the most amazing parks on this god-awful Earth. Truly, and I fucking mean truly, disgusting. This is not what Walt would have wanted.
    I haven't looked at anything other the the coaster, but that looks fine too me. The names shit, but it's not like this is gonna ruin the ride. It never had much theming or anything so the only reason it was enjoyable was the ride itself. That's the same so it basically looks like a repaint to me.
    ^^yo I hate this as much as the next guy but at the end of the day it's just a theme park.
    Hopefully the coaster will get different restraints or completely new trains
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2017 edited

Posted By: Olmiserythis is just complete and utter garbage inside and out.

I had to
    • CommentAuthornSeven
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2017

Yeesh...

Welp I knew it was happening....just....wasn't prepared for this.
    Only because it hasn't been embedded here yet.

•  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

That is fugly
    • CommentAuthornSeven

So......it's worse?....somehow??

Like seriously...this is not a hard area to get right.

Um...and is WoC not a thing anymore? And are they putting in a splash element? Is it going to be VR?

Good lord almighty....I feel like we're back to 1999.
    I'm quite ok with the retheme in general, even though not really necessary since i think that Paradise Pier is one of the most charming themed area in a disney park, but Incredicoaster? Really? Ruining the beautiful name California Screamin' to add a shitty IP (i think it's the worst pixar film ever made)? No way.
    ^Someone hasn't seen Cars 2, Good Dinosaur, Brave, Monsters University, or Finding Dory
    Posted By: lore_sullyi think it's the worst pixar film ever made

Uuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... NO.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Please, A113, finish your recreation of California Screamin'.
    • CommentAuthorEmonadeo

I've never liked Disney Parks in the first place. I at least hope they improve the restraints on California Screamin' but I doubt that. Disney is quite well-known for having awesome theming with terrible rides. That's why we have Universal Parks lmao
    Yeah, cuz California Screamin’ was SUCH a fantastic name. I appreciate puns in things, so I don’t really mind the new name, but it does seem like an odd decision to redo the pier area. It was already redone not long ago with Midway Mainia right?

What’s with the giant box underneath the fun wheel?
    Posted By: TheBeatles^Someone hasn't seen Cars 2, Good Dinosaur, Brave, Monsters University, or Finding Dory

I've actually seen all of them and i like them more than The Incredibles (maybe not Cars 2, but the IP in general is way better, imho).
    I'm glad it's only me, the change will be appreciated at least.

Anyway, even without considering the IP, the name still sucks (always imho). As a non english native speaker i find California Screamin' way more appealing. Again, maybe it's only me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

I fail to see the pun in Incredicoaster, can someone point it out for me, please?
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

Sorry the Incredibles is one of the best Pixar films.
    • CommentAuthorPopFilms

Incredibles is my favorite Pixar film along with Monsters Inc. California Screamin has always been a bucket list item and it's really sad I'll never get to experience it.
    I think the name Incredicoaster sounds very Six Flagsish. I don't like the name, the theme eh why not but the name seems rushed and not thought out. They should have named it for a single character or themed around something the villain created. If it had been given the name The Incredible is better than what it will have.
    • CommentAuthornSeven

I feel like we're missing the point here. This doesn't improve what was already there - it's like vinyl decals on coaster cars...there is nothing that definitively says "we put thought into this and we've made this land better". It's just....hey it's a Pixar themed pier now - cuz IP.
    ^ all of that
    Am I missing something? Cause we far as I can tell, none of the rides are changing. Besides new names(kinda shitty names, but it's not like it can ruin the ride) and new colors is there anything different? Just a splash down? Causr That seems like an improvement to me.
    • CommentAuthornSeven

They spent a lot of money making a very beautiful and inviting period TOTC boardwalk scene - to then slap cartoon IPs over it...is.......it hurts. And it's not clear why they're doing it - these are not movie Tie-in IPs...these are very old IPs.
    ^Incredibles 2
    Also Toy Story 4 in 2019.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

No but really guy, is there a pun in the name Incredicoaster I am missing, or is it just lame? I guess prior to boarding you'll have to wait throught the Incrediqueue, and then after the ride you'll purchase your Incrediphoto in the Incredishop and buy you some Incredimerchandise.
    • CommentAuthorDelay

^Both?
    •  
      CommentAuthorskyasaurus

it's a portmaneau of Incredibles + coaster
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

The onboard audio better be change to the "WHERE IS MY SUPER SUIT?" scene
    It must have taken a true genius to formulate such an intricate and meaningful name. Lame? How dare you. How dare you, sir. Us filthy casuals will never fully be able to appreciate the subtle complexities of this Incredibranding.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2017 edited

To be fair you have to have a very high IQ to understand Incredicoaster.
    The only thing that would make the incredicoaster awesome, is if they added a dash figure to the back of the trains as if he's pushing them. That would look cool, and if they put different scene interactions on the coaster too. Like paint the loop light blue and make it look like frozone made the loop with his ice. That would make this an incredicoaster in my opinion. I've never been to the park so I'm fairly unaware of how the changes will really effect the area.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

I'm happy they changed it. I can't wait for the day when DCA turns into a park entirely made up of movie based rides. I dream for this day. Now all we have to do is wait for the Moana/Soarin refurbishment and the park will be PERFECT.

Wow, great moves Disney. Keep it up, Proud of you!
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

No offense captfido, but I think those changes would be even uglier and tackier than what they're already doing. You're pulling ideas from a Warner Bros. park and Six Flags and suggesting them for a highly themed Disney park.
    ^One can hope. Idk I feel it would make the coaster better. would match the theme and would look cool to me anyways.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Posted By: captfido87if they added a dash figure to the back of the trains as if he's pushing them.

Like Superman at Warner Bros Movie World? :D

-

I may be one of the few, but I liked the idea of having an american pier as a land. I mean, in the whole California Adventure Park, that made sense. I also liked how a coaster was themed... as a coaster (furthermore, a launched steel inverting coaster themed as a classic wooden, wow haha).

Now I've never been there so I don't know if it was pretty or not. Maybe it was time for a change... but once again, not a change to slap IP on it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

Paradise Pier is one of my favorite Disney lands and by far the best at the Cali resort. It made sense, was gorgeous, and most of all, it was charming as hell. I don't know bout everyone else, but I fucking love Paradise Pier almost as much as I loved ToT.

Also,

Posted By: nSevenI feel like we're missing the point here. This doesn't improve what was already there - it's like vinyl decals on coaster cars...there is nothing that definitively says "we put thought into this and we've made this land better". It's just....hey it's a Pixar themed pier now - cuz IP.

QFT. This is the reality of it, it's not like MB. It's worse, so so much worse.
    • CommentAuthorA113
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2017

Re: Incredicoaster

About time they overlay a mid-century modern aesthetic on a coaster station. That butterfly roof.
    Posted By: OlmiseryParadise Pier is one of my favorite Disney lands and by far the best at the Cali resort. It made sense, was gorgeous, and most of all, it was charming as hell. I don't know bout everyone else, but I fucking love Paradise Pier almost as much as I loved ToT.

I completely agree. It was my favourite land at the resort along with Radiator Springs. Let's hope they don't change the atmosphere that much, at least.
    @KingRCT3 Yea totally like that!
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2017

It's real

^ oh wow! I can't believe it.
    Before you ask: It's for clearance reasons. The brake run has to thread a gap between the wood structure to the left of it and the track to the right. That, combined with the fact that they (probably) couldn't move the transfer track, means you end up with the little shift.
    Fun fact: That little shift features the only left turn on the entire ride!
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters

• CommentAuthornSeven

I've waited years for a ride like this....and now I'm nowhere near Knotts.

Oh cruel world.