Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2017

Oh, literally
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2017

That looks like a Golden Horse knockoff
    •  
      CommentAuthorBolt789
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2017 edited

Looks like it has some crazy hangtime. Whose the manufacturer, Vekoma?
    That little shift on Twisted Timbers is hilarious, and even more so because of the fact that I was 100% sure it was only an animation fault.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2017

^^It most definitely is a Golden Horse knockoff based on the trackstyle.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

So I noticed that it Hangtime changed the support colors, why might that be?
    Probably because they thought tan looked better
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

Efteling hired Belgian company CSM to retrack Python. I hope it turns out well because after seeing this track I do not have much trust in them being able to pull it off well

• CommentAuthorJAKool

That is some ugly track
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters

The Python @ Efteling will we rebuild completely. New parts are close to finish.
    The new track gets a new odd shape.

looks like one of element115's designs
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2017

That's... interesting. I feel like that's going to turn out like a crap Chinese knockoff, but... who knows?
    It looks like a spine... a human spine, that is. They were definitely going for manufacturing convenience rather than appearance with this one.
    I quite like the look of it tbh
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2017 edited

Weirdest look ever. To me it looks really tedious to manufacture (all these pipe weldings...), but I don't know much about it.

-

Mutant track(s) part II with the Intamin duelling coming for Wanda Guangzhou :

That's for this thing:

-

Bear with me you're still in the 2018 topic and not the WTF one, but here is Stormchaser by Klarer, a wind-powered waterslide that can make you go up to 100km/h: Teaser and factory mock-up. As far as I understand, an opening in scheduled for 2018, but we don't know where.
    Additional testing footage.
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2017

I believe that grandpa.
    As regarding Python track:

The manufacturer (C.S.M.) has produced track for Pulsar and Helix, so the result will be probably good, as regarding the ride experience. I agree that the exterior look is not so good, btw.
    Posted By: KingRCT3an opening in scheduled for 2018, but we don't know where.
    Additional testing footage.

It's going to be build at Aquamagis Plettenberg (they also build the standup slides) Aquamagis kinda buys all Klarer ideas just to have a worlds first lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2017

What is it with new Chinese coasters and the colors orange and green
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2017 edited

On this picture we can see the dueling tracks have a different gauge. I guess the sit-down will be a 4-seater will the suspended a 2?

-

At least, we have a presentation video of Hangtime, the Gerstlauer at Knotts. I might say that I really like that layout. The lift and drop is visually ugly but should be thrilling. I'm in love with the first double element!
    And oh look, the headrests are little surfboards, how cute.
    ^I believe the Invert will be the 4 across and the sit-down will be 2 across. Concept art looks like that, and it would make more sense for the wider track to be on the bottom.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTime7 days ago

The top of the Wicker Man statue was spotted

• CommentAuthorInkyz
    • CommentTime7 days ago

I AM TERRIFIED
    oh good god no
    THE BEES
    • CommentAuthorPopFilms
    • CommentTime6 days ago

AHHHHHH THE BEES
    Um

I can't be the only one that immediately saw this, right?
    https://gyazo.com/34c50699998637447b5a5ded874588fd
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26
    • CommentTime6 days ago

Nah it looks fine. Wait till it's in place and on fire and stuff.

• CommentAuthornSeven
    • CommentTime6 days ago

Raggedy ass theming can't save your precious secret weapon now...
    •  
      CommentAuthoriSatnav
    • CommentTime6 days ago

For a ride relying on themeing and story to make it not a total failure, this is bad. Very bad. What was so offensive about putting a wooden cylinder on top like a "normal" wickerman?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTime5 days ago

Ok cool, glad to know I'm not the only one that thinks SW8 looks like trash all around, jesus.
    The actual theme looks to be pretty good, but there are just some things that are hard to overlook (mainly the design of the wicker man and the ride itself). I think it's going to be shockingly average overall, but it's obviously not going to stack up very well against other gci's around Europe (specifically joris en de draak and troy). I think alton shot themselves in the foot by choosing such an awkward bit of land to build a full wooden coaster on really
    Ugh no the theme is so incredibly dumb. It would make sense if the coaster was placed next to Hex in the “Gloomy Woods” or next to Thirteen in the “Dark Forest” (Btw, real original names and themes for two of your areas, well done Alton *Slow Clap*) but it isn’t. The station is smack bang right between Katanga Canyon (African theme) and Mutiny Bay (Pirate theme). Probably about a mile away from the Gloomy Woods. A Wicker Man themed ride next to a pirate area makes as much sense as a bathtub themed ride next to a Pirate area, but you wouldn’t catch Merlin doing that..

GCI’s are fun rides. Sort of “whoa I’m gunna fly out but in a fun way”. They arn’t scary. Especially not this tiny one. It just baffles me to the point where I want to rant about how dumb this decision is.
    I 100% agree about it not fitting in, I was more talking about the theme on its own with nothing else around it in consideration.
    ^^ I agree.

Also, love the comment about The Flume!
    • CommentAuthorDelay
    • CommentTime5 days ago

Posted By: CrazycoasterBtw, real original names and themes for two of your areas, well done Alton *Slow Clap*

Maybe the person behind those names is not very creative? Not that I'm speaking out of "experience" or anything, certainly not. I see this as a personal offense in a way.
    But it that case; How did that person even get their job?
    • CommentAuthornSeven
    • CommentTime5 days ago

Probably not a single person - those sound like "committee names".

Yeah I just don't get it honestly...they've shoved a lot of track in here but for what? We'll see how the whole thing plays out I suppose.
    I still really like the layout and how it's set into the land. It definitely has a strong chance of being more of a family coaster without crazy fast pacing, but for me the look is really cool. I do miss that cross valley CCI design though, especially since it was so different in style from the rest of the coasters at Alton. This design fits the low to the ground twister in a tight spot theme at Alton...but it would be great if they could break off from that once. Surely easier said than done given restrictions with tree removal, heights and sound.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26
    • CommentTime5 days ago

Of all the proposed coasters that I've seen, that is the one that I wish had happened the most. Every time there's a new SW at Alton, I'm disappointed when it's not the cross-valley woodie.

Yeah Intamin or RMC could really kill it with that concept. El Toro only has 4 strong points of ejector airtime and it's often known as the top wooden coaster. They could have just as many and maybe even at the end add a launch into a twister section or something. Just a lot of potential for something special to come of that general concept.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTime5 days ago

Never heard of this "Cross-valley Woodie" until now. Decided to look it up. Holy. Shit.

That would genuinely be one of the most remarkable wooden coasters to be built, it's so goddamn unique and from what I've seen it looks like it'd be really intense with such a huge valley. All it does is make me super upset that they're getting the wickerman meme and I've never even been to AT, LOL.
    • CommentAuthornSeven
    • CommentTime5 days ago

It seems like every addition is a fight for Merlin...
    •  
      CommentAuthordjd711
    • CommentTime5 days ago edited

Almost every secret weapon ever built at towers has been a struggle due to the extreme height, sound and tree removal limitations as well as strict local planning critique where local's who do not care for the park are allowed to make decisions on what they can build. I honestly think they do well with the limits they have to deal with. Imagine if more parks had the same limitations as towers I think the coaster world would be very different today. I don't however think we can continue to look to towers for future game changing coasters unless the restrictions ease up which we all know will never happen.

Regarding SW8 I don't really care for the theme much and theming has never really been a major element for me when it comes to coasters, but isn't any theme better than no theme at all? I think the ride will fill a much needed gap in the parks line up and that is enough for me. The layout while not intense will definitely be fun and that's all the matters - it will go down well with the majority of customers which is more important to Merlin than appealing directly to enthusiasts.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: I wish the local residents who hate the park would piss off. It was your choice to live there, god damn it - stop ruining everyone's fun. (That being said, Alton's rides probably wouldn't look as nice if they never had the height restriction, so I guess there's that.)

But yeah, for a major investment attraction this seems awfully insignificant. I'm sure it'll be fun, but it's got nothing on the other big coasters.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly
    • CommentTime4 days ago edited

Posted By: CrazycoasterUgh no the theme is so incredibly dumb. It would make sense if the coaster was placed next to Hex in the “Gloomy Woods"

Apart from the fact Hex and Gloomy Wood are no where near each other?

But I get what you mean, this would work so much better in an area that fit the theme. Although, I'm guessing the area around SW8 will become a mini area in it''s own right. Doesn't make it work though, look at Forbidden Valley and Air/Galactica. They tried to make it work, but I've never thought it did.

That said, I wonder why they aren't making the entrance via Haunted Hollow. Although it still wouldn't be IN Gloomy Wood, it might make a little more sense.
    ^ My bad, I meant Duel, not Hex.

The thing is though, they’ve put the station right next to Sharkbait Reef, so even with an entrance in Haunted Hollow (I remember when they coveted it as a new attraction! A bloody path!!) it’s still pretty much a part of Mutiny Bay cuz of where the station is.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly
    • CommentTime4 days ago

Oh I agree. Plus most of the thing can be seen from Mutiny rather than the hollow. Don’t get me wrong, I love that we’re gwtting a woodie (finally) I just don’t understand why they couldn’t re-theme the surrounding area to make it fit better or make the coaster fit the existing theme there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTime3 days ago edited

Me trying to divert the conversation away from Alton Towers.

Some really nice footage of Time Traveler, with its nice curves and a peek inside the maintenance bay and PLC room.

EDIT: Something I just noticed about the train is that, due to the back-to-back seat design, they had to lower the hydraulic locking cylinders further down, and they put a frigging cam to link them up! That's so steampunk!

Picture from this neat video of various "side things" to do at IAAPA.

EDIT: See it in motion there.