Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorInkyz
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2016 edited

Hi there! I finally got around to uploading the pictures lol. From the 4th of April to the 7th of April, I visited Germany (specifically Bruhl, the home of Phantasialand) because of... well, Phantasialand. Anyway, less talking, let's get onto the pictures!

4th of April

It was quite a foggy morning :-(

We arrived at the airport, checked in, everything was cool. We bought some food and got on the plane.

Obligatory pictures.

This picture was taken as soon as we could turn our phones back on. We were still over England at this point, probably somewhere around the northern areas of London.

Germany! You can see the River Rhine.

Landed at Dusseldorf!

The first thing we discovered was these AWESOME inverted maglev monorail things. Sadly we didn't get to ride them :-(

Our car for the next 3 days!

Woohoo! It also took about an hour to get here from Dusseldorf. Worth it.

There's Mystery Castle!

Hotel Matamba :-)

Black Mamba over the trees!

The view out of window! At this point I was so excited I practically couldn't breathe. (okay, maybe that's an exaggeration. I was very hyped though)

To be continued...
    • CommentAuthorInkyz
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2016

You could literally go down the elevator, out into the (beautiful) garden and there it was.

The track was awfully close, no more than 5 metres away. Also, note these pictures were taken at about 8:30pm and the weather was still gorgeous.

And that concludes Day 1 at Phantasialand! Tomorrow we enter the park!

5th of April

Good morning Black Mamba!

We caught it testing! The roar was insanely loud, louder than Nemesis.

Inside the park! You literally walked 1 minute up the road from Hotel Matamba and you were at the entrance.

Our first rollercoaster of the trip was Winjas. We began with Force, then Fear, as we heard Fear was the superior one - and we were right. Here's my reviews.

Winjas: Force - 8/10

Honestly, this being the inferior out of the two, or so I'd heard, I wasn't expecting a lot from it. I was ready for a Spinball Whizzer sort of intensity - but boy was I wrong. Up the elevator, down that first drop and damn it was quick - or it felt it anyway. Sadly Force was trimmed on the block before the hairpins but that was probably for the family element yet it still span quite intensely. The tilt was definitely a unique section because the car doesn't revert to it's usual position creating a different experience everytime. After the tilt, you enter a quite short dark section before hitting the brakes, when the brakes FREAKING DROP. I had no idea that was a feature and it scared the hell out of me when I saw the track lower and rise again. Did I mention how good the theming was? Audio, fire, even the operators wore themed uniforms! (although they did bear an uncanny resemblance to Shrek... oh well.)

Winjas: Fear - 9/10

WOW. After Force I wasn't expecting anything better from a spinning coaster because Force by itself was incredible but Fear proved me wrong. Again, straight out of the elevator into the (slightly larger) drop and into an airtime hill that got me everytime, especially facing backwards, because you actually do get airtime and it's awesome. Unlike Force, the block before the hairpins was untrimmed and it went freaking crazy spinning yet without being painful - although the turn before the hairpins did repeatedly pin me against the side of the car, but it was all good. Round the main area you go, which is actually quite fast, and unlike Force, Fear has an extra section before the tilt! It did some kind of horseshoe thing before entering the tilt. This one tilts forwards rather than to the right and if I'm going to be perfectly honest I preferred the one on Force but that's okay. Out of the tilt you go into a surprisingly large drop and into an extended dark section before hitting the brakes, which again dropped. Hey Thirteen, Winjas beat you to it! :P

Sorry there's such a time gap between this one and the previous post, I'm writing this as I go so hopefully in a bit I'll have the third part :-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorTms_XD_15

^how does it feel to be at phantasialand without traon opened?
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

Must be horrible
    •  
      CommentAuthorRK
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2016 edited

^^ Don't start celebrating just yet :D It could get reeaaally frustrating for you.
    Edit: At least if you live further away.

@Inkyz: Looking forward to the rest of your trip report!