Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Hey, Everyone!

It's been awhile since I have been on here because I've been busy with college and personal things but guess what? Valkyrie is back!
    I need to thank Mrcrolly for the amazing 3D's he has done for this project!
    Valkyrie will be released soon but I am looking for someone who could make a video for me because I don't have any video editing software on my laptop.
    Besides working on Valkyrie I am currently in the process of supporting Ares for Bjorn so look out for updates on that.
    I know people are probably going to hate on my tree selection but that's okay, I'm no foliage expert lol.
    poster-2016-04-29-17-57-14
    poster-2016-04-29-17-58-45
    poster-2016-04-29-18-01-36
    poster-2016-04-29-18-03-24
    poster-2016-04-29-18-25-27
    poster-2016-04-29-18-23-32
    poster-2016-04-29-18-21-50
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2016 edited

Looks pretty awesome so far, the 3Ds really blend in well
    •  
      CommentAuthorintim305
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2016

YESSSSSS ITS BACK
    Thanks guys for the support.
    So I sent Valkyrie to TheCodeMaster without knowing what he was going to do to it until he showed me this...
    He will also be doing the video at some point

oHGehPn
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion

I'm glad to see the ride is back especially after it seemingly fell off the face of the earth for a short time. Amazing work with the supports, I'm looking forward to when you release it.
    The scenery looks outstanding!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

Thanks for the compliments on scenery guys. It definitely took some work and I'm glad it payed off!
    • CommentAuthorBrawly

Looks great guys! Sorry for sorta bailing on the 3D's I initially promised; in the same boat as you are with classes and everything..
    Hey, everyone!

So after months and months of working on Valkyrie I am proud to announce that it will be finally released on Monday, May 16th in the morning. I have worked very hard on this project and I want everyone to have the opportunity to ride it for themselves. Valkyrie is easily my favourite project to date and I am also very proud of how it has turned out. As well as releasing it on Monday I will also be revealing a coaster that I am currently working on.

poster-2016-05-12-21-45-37
    poster-2016-05-12-21-37-51
    poster-2016-05-12-21-44-03
    •  
      CommentAuthorintim305
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2016

its perfect. i need more of this in my life
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2016 edited

That terrain texture is super low-res. It's perfect for mountains/hills that are far from the coaster, but up close I'd look for a higher-resolution, more detailed ground texture.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

I'm going to need help on how to make accurate RMC support structures, would you be willing to give advice or help when the time comes? The project's goal is to be as realistic as possible, and the thing I'm making it for is also big ;)
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

This is definitely one of the best RMC's on the forums right now! Excellent job, can't wait for release.
    TheBeatles - I'll see what I can do about the texture, TheCodeMaster did all of that so I'll talk to him about it.

Zerge - The thing about custom wooden supports is that it's a lot easier just to study the supports than to me to explain how to do them. But I'm always willing to give advice when it comes to supports.
    Looks fantastic! I can't wait for the release!
    Oh my god. This looks incredible. Just yes.
    Posted By: JAKoolThis is definitely one of the best RMC's on the forums right now! Excellent job, can't wait for release.

Wait... It's it a RMC? I noticed there are GG timberliner trains, but RMC-ish inversions as well. Maybe a blend of manufacturers?
    I dont think its an RMC. Pretty sure its a self-branded GravityFlyers woodie.
    ^ It's actually a custom manufacturer named Gravity Flyers Inc. JAKool just likes to call them RMC's to annoy me, it's basically a meme now.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

I can confirm that statement.
    • CommentAuthorThrill Lab
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2016

I know that you can do the vertical supports with copy paste, but how do you do the beams that run parallel to the track and the wide supports?
    Valkyrie is now released!

This has been my favourite project I have done and I hope you enjoy it all.

I have to give a shoutout to all those who have tested it as well to MrCrolly for the 3D's and to TheCodeMaster for the landscaping

To download please follow this link! http://nolimits-exchange.com/coaster/gravityflyersinc-valkyrie/10012
    Gravity Flyers Inc. Presents Wendigo!
    Will you be able to survive the Wendigo?

Wendigo Roller Coaster Information:

The Wendigo is a terrain-based hybrid wooden roller coaster manufactured by Gravity Flyers Inc. Wendigo has a maximum height of 126 feet with a first drop of 80 degrees and reaches the maximum speed of 61.5 Miles per Hour. The Wendigo has 10 airtime moments over its track length of 3550 feet long, along with multiple over-banked turns and one 0-G Corkscrew inversion. The Wendigo has a terrain-based layout with a special turn over a lake. The Wendigo runs two state of the art Gravity Flyers Inc. trains that have 12 rows for 24 passengers per train.

Wendigo Elements:

- 126ft Lift Hill with an 80 degree drop reaching 61.5 Miles per Hour
    - Airtime hill with -0.5g’s
    - Outside-Banked Turn at 97 Degrees
    - High-Speed Over-Banked turn at 108 Degrees
    - Airtime Hill with -0.7g’s with Lake Dive Turn
    - Outside-Banked Airtime Hill with -1.1g’s
    - Airtime Hill with -0.3g’s
    - 0-G Corkscrew
    - Twisted Double-Up with -0.3g’s
    - Brake run

The Wendigo Legend:

The Wendigo is a demonic spirit believed by Algonquin-based Native American tribes to possess humans and turn them into cannibals. The term "Wendigo" or "Windigo" is used to describe both the evil spirit as well as the creature that humans can become when possessed by the spirit. The "monster" version of the mythical creature is human-like but very tall and gaunt, with deeply sunken eyes and yellowish, decaying skin. They are impossibly thin and have an unending hunger that craves only human flesh.

Backstory:

In a small remote town, the people live in fear of a creature that is out in the forest. There have been many reports of a very tall human like creature that roams the forest throughout the night and for many years, the townspeople have known about the Wendigo that dwells in the forest around them. The residents decided to come up with a sinister plan to keep everyone in the town alive by building cabins throughout the forest and promoting camping experiences for outsiders. This plan works and every year outsiders come to stay in one of these cabins, but they are never seen again…

Wendigo Theming:

When entering the Wendigo plaza it will look like something you would find at a campsite and the station will be themed to a cabin in the middle of the woods.

Pictures:

f3baa3d72b39239e19e89c20ee8ebfe5
    e918b2dee453cf5e1662beb904d09bfe
    4dfb1a6146fc0b3165053e8ba80b7078
    poster-2016-05-16-11-03-22
    poster-2016-05-16-11-00-40
    poster-2016-05-16-10-55-13
    AND GRAVITYFLYERS DOES IT AGAIN. This looks incredible!!
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2016

Is that custom supports already started or is it auto?
    I think the layout looks good! I'm curious, is there any inspiration from Flug Der Daemonen in the backstory? i ask because the backstory of Flug is about villagers sacrificing outsiders to the demons to save themselves from being killed by the demons.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJAMMYD778
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2016

^ I'd be more inclined to suggest the 'Until Dawn' game as an inspiration :P

Looking great though. The setting and terrain looks great.
    TOGO Fan - The supports are 100% custom like always, they're just steel supports this time.

NemesisRider, JAMMYD778 - Thanks for the comments guys! I actually got inspired from a episode of Supernatural where a town was luring in outsiders to feed an evil Scarecrow, I just changed the Scarecrow to a Wendigo.

I also realized I didn't really show off the custom steel supports for Wendigo so here are a couple pictures of them, I still need to add lateral support to the airtime hill.

d86627212c92d3a9d64911f4b3756ccf
    a6a8bb49f42490fab947de56558026a5
    I hate you for being so good at wooden supports :o

Looks absolutley stunning!
    Support Update!

So far I have completed the lift hill, the first airtime hill, and half of the outside banked turn supports. I'm quite happy with how things are progressing and I can't wait till Wendigo is fully supported! :)

Comments are always welcomed :P

poster-2016-05-22-16-17-54
    poster-2016-05-22-16-21-11
    poster-2016-05-22-16-25-13
    poster-2016-05-22-16-27-25
    That support work is amazing! I like how you had the bent I-beam supports
    How on earth do you have time for this.... xD It looks too good :o WE NEED A WOOD MAGIC LIKE THAT FOR NL2 ;)
    Thanks for the compliments guys! I usually have a lot of time to work on this because I only work during the night so I basically have all day to just support away :P
    It would be awesome if the Wood Magic was actually realistic to the supports that different manufactures use. But oh well I'm going to custom support everything I do anyways.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2016 edited

I don't know if you'd be bothered to do this in the future, but you could try using two C beams to replace the I beam, but it's your own coaster :P

Also I would hope you could somehow modify the Wood Magic code to make supports like that, but at the same time someone probably would have done that already
    I could use two C-beams but that would be more like rmc's supports, I want my supports to be my supports so I'll stick with using the I-Beams :p
    UPDATE!

The supporting process for Wendigo is going really well so far! All of the tall elements are now fully supported besides catwalks on the lift hill, everything now is pretty low to the ground so it shouldn't take me more than a month to have it fully completed. I'm pretty happy with my first attempt at steel hybrid supports and I might do more of these in the future.
    Comments and feedback from you guys is always appreciated.

eadf238f59d647f1cef9317ce10c3aa1
    f78cd93bdd182428f62ee6cae24be4cf
    e0ff116bf7c4f1df69513f25a9543cbc
    • CommentAuthorCraZHadder
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2016

Wendigo is looking pretty fantastic! The custom supporting is superbly done.
    Those supports are too good :o
    • CommentAuthorarktic2
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2016

the nolimits wood magic 3.0 should look like this when its updated soon :P would make nl2 even more detailed.. love the custom supports :)
    • CommentAuthorOrpheus
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2016

I built a Timberliner called Wendigo a while back but this puts my work to shame! Can't wait to see the end results.
    Hey guys!

I've been super busy with work lately but I'm still supporting Wendigo when I have free time. I have finished supporting everything up to the middle of the outside banked airtime hill. I'm not sure when I'll be done with supports but I'll keep you guys updated!

poster-2016-06-27-14-16-06
    poster-2016-06-27-14-14-17
    b1180121ac81642f54868be1d14872ae
    4c44f6b273f06a0ea77b5fa4a4560fc9
    That looks fantastic (and super sexy) as always. As a personal preference, though, when the track goes through the structure I'd like the hole cut out for it to be lower, so you get a headchopper effect.
    •  
      CommentAuthorviking86
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2016

Really like the look of this, great work!
    are you still making the whole support structure by hand even with NL2? or are you altering the rendered ones.
    CoolioJoe100 - Yes I agree the cutout hole could be lower but if I added more to close that space in it would just add more weight to the I-beams.

Viking86 - Thanks dude!

Brett-Jones - Yes these are still 100% custom supported, will always choose custom supports over the pre-fabs.
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2016

How do you keep track of bent spacing? Do you at least use pre-generated footers?
    @TheBeatles - I do use the pre-generated footers as a guide to get the bent spacing accurate, makes the supporting process a bit faster.

Wendigo Update!

So I have been working on Wendigo in my limited spare time now since I work two jobs during the week, but the supporting process is coming along nicely. I have completed up to the middle of the high-speed airtime hill that goes under the first airtime hill. All I really need to do now is support the 0-G Corkscrew, the twisted double-up, and the brake run/transfer track area. Then all I need to do is do scenery and 3D's and then I can release Wendigo to you guys!

A couple of editor shots
    b67923e29d8cd7a423a9fdc23c9d3e10
    68b1d6057198595c7275048b34060eb7

Looking over the majority of Wendigo's layout from the lift hill.
    poster-2016-07-18-11-42-55
    97 Degree Outside-Banked Hill
    poster-2016-07-18-11-44-28
    Diving down over the water
    poster-2016-07-18-11-47-50
    Outside-Banked Airtime Hill
    poster-2016-07-18-11-49-59
    Overview of Wendigo's Layout
    poster-2016-07-18-11-51-25
    Going over the high-speed airtime hill
    poster-2016-07-18-11-53-45
    Final Picture of Wendigo for this update!
    poster-2016-07-18-11-56-16
    Comments are always appreciated!
    I really like that Layout and your Wooden support skills are fabulous :D
    I am really loving this one because it seems to be a stunning work of art to just appreciate off ride, as well as an adrenaline-pumping beast on ride.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2016

This RMC is really coming out well so far! Good job nick!