Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorcblanchard
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2016 edited

This is still years away, but brand new concept art has been released for another Six Flags Dubai project, set to open in late 2019! From what has been released, it looks fantastic.

"The intricately-themed park will feature 27 rides and attractions, including best-in-class roller coasters, soaring tower rides, thrilling water slides, out-of-this-world virtual reality experiences, and a next generation 4-D interactive dark ride. When the sun sets, the park will come alive with spectacular lights dancing in the nighttime sky."

Read all about it here.
    I know its just concept art but the wood coaster in the back looks like a clone to Goliath at SFGAm. The steel coaster at the park entrance looks to be an interesting ride too. Looks to be a launch and then a half under ground loop. The Pulsar Clone looks cool too. I wonder if the 4D coaster will be a ZAc Spin or an S&S Free Fly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2016

I'll believe this when it happens.
    So it looks like we have 5 coasters planned; a Mack Pulsar type watercoaster, a Goliath RMC clone, a Bobsled coaster, and what looks like an Intamin Ball Coaster (but could be one of the better S&S ones), and whatever the blue one is (with what looks like a non inverting loop - Maurer or intamin maybe?).

Good lineup for a start up park tbh.
    intricately-themed... Six Flags... erm, ok.
    Maybe the ride at the entrance is just a larson loop with roller coaster scenery.....

conspiracy
    This makes me wish I still lived in Dubai. The worst part is that I lived 2 hours from Ferrari World and we never went.
    I see a safari(by the free spin top right),a congo rapids type water ride,something that looks like a family coaster(behind skyscreamer),zamperla disco,teacups,larson flying scooters.

Those r the ones that weren't pointed out
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion

If it actually happens, and it does get a Goliath clone, I can just say I called it. From the beginning, I always called Goliath a coaster that had the intention of being cloned.
    That looks like an unnecessarily long path from the entrance to the actual park .-.
    it looks like it goes indoors so maybe there will be some dark rides or shops^
    ^ The world's longest red carpet maybe?
    • CommentAuthorBigbad

Projektion, what about Goliath made it strike you as something to be cloned?
    ^probably the small footprint and interesting layout
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles

Edit - beaten to it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheDarkStar

^awkward
    You posted as I was writing mine, sorry!
    it's cool xD
    Six flags Staffordshire would be awesome!
    • CommentAuthorInkyz

No it wouldn't - from a Staffordshire resident
    we just need a theme park in the with insane over the top rides and loads of theming.
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters

^Six Flags with a lot of theaming.. yeah sure..
    ^It doesn't have to be six flags just any park
    • CommentAuthorBigbad

Does any park have over-the-top rides and considerable theming? The great theming is at Disney and Universal parks, which have some nice rides but are hardly full of world-class coasters.

(Now I'm remembering Busch Gardens. They slipped my mind because I've never been and they're not in the news much like Cedar Point and Dollywood. But who else does it?)
    •  
      CommentAuthormcrc.2305

isn't Alton towers in Staffordshire?
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

I mean you can dream but... You think that would happen any time soon after the "Correction" on the Smiler? That's like trying to do something while being watched carefully, hoping to do that something while they blink x(
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

Posted By: BigbadDoes any park have over-the-top rides and considerable theming? The great theming is at Disney and Universal parks, which have some nice rides but are hardly full of world-class coasters.

(Now I'm remembering Busch Gardens. They slipped my mind because I've never been and they're not in the news much like Cedar Point and Dollywood. But who else does it?)

Taron.
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

^'tis true, my friends.

I mean there's even Black Mamba. Phantasialand is great!
    raik
    • CommentAuthorInkyz

for the record taron's theming isn't so impressive in person, but you can only see the rocks so I might be wrong
    •  
      CommentAuthoriSatnav

@bigbad Thorpe does to a degree. Less so with their older rides but rides like The Swarm (which I consider to be big) are pretty heavily themed. No other parks really come to mind, though.
    Derren browns ghost train also ^
    •  
      CommentAuthoriSatnav

^Not particularly big and probably not particularly good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDanSm1l3r

DBGT is a warehouse with a fancy exterior and queue line. Until Thorpe open it and you've rode it, you can't say it's an 'over the top amazingly themed ride'. No one knows what it is yet other than a Victorian train carriage suspended by chains and a partial VR experience.

As for Six Flags Staffordshire... Really? Just don't.
    Posted By: iSatnavLess so with their older rides

Inferno and colossus, eh I guess you could argue this, but Saw is very well themed, and the area around stealth is one of my favorite in a theme park because the details are all there. The only park I can truly compare themeing to is PortAventura, which is just stunning.
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion

Posted By: BigbadProjektion, what about Goliath made it strike you as something to be cloned?

Pretty much what TheDarkStar and TheBeatles (originally) said, it's the fact it seems to give a good summary of what an RMC woodie can do and show off it's gimmick in such a compact layout, similar to the original Batman layout before that got cloned.
    •  
      CommentAuthoriSatnav

@TheDarkStar I would consider Saw as new but I guess 2009 was quite a while ago now. On the subject of Stealth, that was great until it was ruined by Angry Birds land.
    Saw is well themed inside the station, outside not so much. Apart from the first drop, there is no theming outside, it's just a warehouse. Same thing with DBGT, abandoned warehouse. It's not good theming, it's an industrial estate.

Stealth doesn't really have any theming, apart from the tire, so I assume you mean the Calamity Cove theming by Tidal Wave, which used to be good until it was left to rot and plastered with Dr Pepper logos. Inferno had nice theming in 2003 when the ground was covered in coloured bark chips that looked like lava, but that's all overgrown and the volcano is all mouldy now.

The Swarms theming could have been good, but the lack of any kind of finishing ground work makes it all look like they went "well, if we just dump it there it'll look good". All of the set pieces are just placed down randomly like someone put them in using RCT. Raptor is a well themed Merlin coaster, Swarm not so much.

I would argue that say, 10 years ago, Chessington was a park that had outstanding theming, their western area was beautiful, as was the log flume, but once again Merlin just left it to rot, and now it's all gone.

You need to look at mainland Europe for Over the top rides and outstanding theming if you want to get anywhere; Europa Park, Phantasialand, The Efteling, PortAventura etc.
    Looks cool, little bit disappointing the original concept art has changed so much. Not to surprising as the original had significantly larger rides, like a B&M giga and El toro clone. If I remember right it was supposed to have a spinning coaster called ninja, so thats probably not a bobsled but a spinner. I have no idea what that blue coaster things is supposed to be. Probably not even close to what the real ride will look like. Anyway, This is supposed to be part of phase two of Dubai parks and resorts(I think thats what its called) and the first 3 parks for phase 1 are well under construction so hopefully this happens too.
    Posted By: iSatnavAngry Birds land.

Hush, we don't talk about such blasphemy
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2017

•  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Hush, we don't talk about such blasphemy
    • CommentAuthorPopFilms

Edit - beaten to it.
    While GotG is definitely not as bad as I feared it would be (it's really fun), it isn't and will never be ToT. I'm really excited to hear your opinion on it, King.

WDS sucks and this won't help, unless WDS is also getting a Marvel land? Who knows, I don't know.

Enjoy your eyesore, Paris.
    I kinda hope that article is bollocks. Like Beatles said, Guardians turned out decently, but it's not impressive enough for it to deserve a spot in other parks (which TOT was).

That being said, I've only been to DLP twice and probably won't go that often in future, so realistically it wouldn't bother me that much, it'd just be a shame (as it was for California).
    The only thing I liked about Guardians over TOT was the music and the faster speed. It wasn't as bad as I was thinking but I agree with The Beatles, it will never be a TOT!
    • CommentAuthorInkyz
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2017 edited

#

Oh.
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2017

Oh!
    No way, I'm already hyped
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2017

Uh. That's. A thing I want in my life. Hell yes.