Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to the finale leg of AIR, the Aviators International Race. GrandAir is the name given to the ending round of the multi-leg, competitive advanced aerial race, taking place in the renowned city of Salzburg, Austria. Due to your competitive and willful nature, you have been given the chance at the championship title as the world's most outstanding pilot by racing against the clock to beat your aerial competitors. The course will exercise your abilities in controlling your plane's maneuverability as you travel at high speeds through the hardest course of the championship. Prepare yourself for the world's most intense aerial competition to date. This is the GrandAir finale race.

RIDE VEHICLE

Still WIP. Still needs alot of messing around with. A layout is in the works and will be provided in the next update. Let me know what you think.
    While the trains look stunning, it looks awkward being a train rather than single cars.
    • CommentAuthorA113
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2016 edited

The trains look fantastic, though I sort of agree with Joseph. You can keep the two car train, but I would kill the propeller on the second car and the tailfin on the first car, it will make the entire vehicle feel more whole and condense the overall size (especially rid of the front two wheels on the second car).
    Hmmm. I'm doing a study on how the individual car and the adjusted dual car train A113 mentioned will look. But for now, this is one of the reasons I went with the dual plane concept. It keeps the proportionality of the plane but also increases the capacity of the ride. One of the coolest "features" that the dual plane concept has is when the train is in a roll transition, as shown below. It creates a great roll effect when seen from an offride perspective specifically due to the angle of the wings as the train passes through the maneuver. I'll definitely try to show those suggestions that you both gave in the next update though.
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2016 edited

Or make a train like this.
    train long

Quick photoshop, click for larger image.

Really cool train btw
    It does look awesome, especially when pulling tight maneuvers. You could keep the wings on the second car, but lose the propellor? IDK, it's up to you really! Three cars could work well too, especially as you went for three seats in each row.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcheetah
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2016

I'm in favor of the duel plane train, you have a point on the look of two planes actually dueling vs one big long disproportionate plane. It's much more interesting to look at from an offride and onride perspective IMO.
    Really neat project, can't wait to see more of this.
    I like the cars as they are, it looks a lot nicer than a long train like that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

I agree, I like the two planes better. You might want to make them two different colors also.

I really like your model otherwise, that's a really original setting you got there - but I fear it lacks lateral bracing on the seats, no..?
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

I actually prefer nolimiters' idea, but it definitely looks cool as is.
    The way it is now would add more to the whole "race" theme so I'd recommend keeping it as it is. ^^ The two different colors would also be good to bring that out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

Or time the ride to duel itself at certain points using different colored trains
    So it looks like I'll be keeping the dual plane train. I get, with 4 trains, about 1645 ppl/hr theoretical hourly ride capacity, so no complaints there. Adjustments will be made to make it look a little more fitting but I do enjoy the way the way the two car trains fly through the course. Speaking of the course... here is a peak at the first layout. The following version is the smaller of the two possible layouts. This version attempts to mimic actual acrobatic maneuvers including the Chicane, level gate passes, and the reversed immelman by avoiding obstacle called gates. There are 3 gate types as follows: Checkered Gates indicate the start and ends, Red Double Gates require a level plane pass, while blue gates require a knife pass, or +90 deg pass. Fastest time, wins.

•  
      CommentAuthorRCF
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2016

It looks very repetitive, and short. Not much is going on with your layout.
    ^ Looks like a fun ride. The elements are a little repetitive but I think that fits the theme so I don't have a problem with it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

I personally don't like the layout either. Like RCF said, it's repetitive and nothing special or worth noting about. I feel you could benefit more by remaking the layout to be a bit more varied in elements.

The trains look great though.
    I was worried this version would receive this response. As a quick run down, the ride was designed to closely mimic aerial racer's maneuvers while still maintaining a coaster/themepark feel. I didn't want to stay too true to the actual movements but enough to get both the physical and visual sensation of flying through this course. With that being said, this layout provides a fast and powerful pacing with no stagnant moments. Im assuming the repetitiveness is coming from the Chicane section after the launch and the High Force U-turns after the Reversed Immelman. Both sections, though visually look similar, provide completely different experiences. The Chicane focuses on quick sequential rolls providing lateral forces. The setion after the immelman are High-Force U-turns with Level Gate passes in between. These sweeping turns pull high-G's just before entering the negative G hills. The inline twist acts as the finale element before passing through the finish gate and into the ending show scene.

Although there aren't any extremely unique features to the ride layout, this layout does provide a well paced ride. I have not mentioned it prior, but the ride will feature a prelaunch show scene (like Manta at Seaworld, San Diego) and a finale show scene as well as interactive features throughout.

I am working on other layouts nonetheless. Thanks for the comments.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

I personally really like this layout. I knew, coming from you Andre, that it was well thought-outand you did prove me right.