Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2016 edited

Millennium: The Ride of the Century

So here's my demo coaster. It's an Intamin accelerator, reaching a height of ~350ft and a top speed of just over 100mph.

While it bears a striking resemblance to Kingda Ka and Stealth, this one has a unique twist of its own, an inverted top hat! While this concept has been tried 1,000,000 times before in RCT3, NL, and Scream Machines, I figured it was time to throw my hat into the ring.

If you've made it this far, you've probably realized that this is a pretty bare-bones, basic coaster. Well that's because it's for a demonstration. A demonstration for what, you ask? A vfx exercise!

I'm planning on making a filming a live-action "media day" for the coaster, on-location with actual living humans. I'll have the mayor give a speech christening the city's new roller coaster, followed by the first official launch for the crowds. The trick here will be to convincingly blend the digital coaster with live action footage! Naturally, this will have some challenges, including but not limited to:

-Creating an external model of the coaster, for use in After Effects
    -Finding a large plot of land for the media day
    -Rallying together a group of people for said "media day"

Creating the coaster within NoLimits was the easiest part of this project. I could definitely use some extra hands/brains in this project, so if you're interested in helping with any aspect of it, let me know, and we'll see if we can work something out!

What do you guys think?
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2016

Is the airtime on the hill like -1.9 gs? Or less?
    •  
      CommentAuthorcheetah

Are you not going to attempt to make an at-least half unique layout for this? An accelerator seems pretty barebones, especially with just throwing on an inverted tophat onto it and calling it a day. I seriously hope this is just a flaunt for attention and not a serious pitch. Also I think the airtime hill is a bit misshapen, king-da-ka's looks symmetrical.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMillennium

Also you're missing an n ;)
    This sounds like a really unique idea! I'm really excited to see how it turns out.

As for the layout, I think it's fine. Stealth, Kingda Ka, Zaturn, they all follow this basic pattern of launch, top hat then airtime hill. Personally I think it's fine, but Cheetah may have a point about the hill being symmetrical. On Kingda Ka its symmetrical by the looks of things and on Stealth the hill seems to be less steep exiting than entering if that's any help.
    Images are gone?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

I'm going to fall in the same boat as cheetah here. As you've said yourself, the concept is has been used over and over and this one is no different, and i wouldn't hesitate to say that you're dropping the ball hard on this one.

MANY things you can do to improve the idea. Maybe if you made the exit of the stall roll the opposite way like TTD it would be a bit cooler. Even if you extended the layout, too. Right now it easily falls under like Rook Island, where the idea looks rushed with no actual thought in making unique in your own way.
    Images don't work.

The way I see it, the ride is going to be the least important part of the entire thing. Just make it as realistic as possible. The video Idea sounds really cool, just go for it.