Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2016 edited

Welcome to the thread for this new long term project, which is a recreation of my home park, SFNE!
    Below are posts of my progress. This top post will be modified soon to keep you updated on what's happening. As of now this is a personal project, though in the future I will probably be asking for contributions (with credit)! Enjoy!
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2016

The beginning of something huge! If you hadn't recognized it already, this is Gotham City Gauntlet: Escape From Arkham Asylum. The coaster itself is the wild mouse by stealth200se, and I modified the colors (with tons of frustration knowing you can't get pictures with the angles you need)! The queue line was made with supports (smartly made and c/p'd) and uses ByeTom's roof pack, which has been modified in the nlsco editor. I still have to add the structure on the ground (it is still held up by footers atm) and add some extra structures branching off of it for the signs. Tell me what you think of it so far!
    •  
      CommentAuthormkj3322

I personally loved riding wicked cyclone and bizzaro so they'd be neat to see in the future.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBirdNerd

It looks like you're off to a good start, I can't wait to see the progress improve over the course of this summer!
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

It's not SFNE without absolute trash operations and the inability to choose your seat on any coaster.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

^Literally the only ride you're not allowed to choose your seat on is WC, and that's reasonable because of the incredibly small station. Also SFNE has some great operations as pretty much every ride runs with solid capacity. Stop overexaggerating to make things look bad.

Good job on GCG so far, I'm curious to see where this project goes.
    ^My one visit to SFNE had assigned seating on WC, Goliath, Batman, and probably another coaster. Now with the VR, Superman has it as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

^ I usually go every weekend, and while they do ask you to go to a row, you can easily ask them if you can wait on a certain row and they will let you. The only ride where they don't is Wicked Cyclone, which again is reasonable due to how closed in the area surrounding it is.
    Gotham looks solid. If you need a Bizarro rec call in the Bird that is the Nerd. (BirdNerd)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2016 edited

Huge progress boost! I have added lots of new supports in, and I have also mostly finished the tunnel and piping! Let's get rooooooight into the neeeeeeews!

Overview

Looks great so far from here!

View from the queue

Oh no, not the laughing gas!

HAHAHA!

Comparison to show accuracy! I was able to make the sign in Gimp, which does miracles :D

I may or may not have used LEGO heads for the boilers...

Anyway, I hoped you enjoyed this update, and as usual, give your comments on what I've made, or of SFNE as a whole :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorBirdNerd

Wow, what progress you've made! Please make sure that all of the brakes have a deceleration of at least 1.5g!
    I can speak from experience that those brakes are quite sensitive and painful!
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

^ don't worry, the coaster came with ridiculous force already >:D (because stealth200se made it) If I get the chance I'll show you just how bad it is with the G-force comb! Also, you were recommended for your Bizarro recreation, which I may consider using if it's available (if I don't decide to try making it myself).

A question to anyone who can answer: which is/was the best- Superman: Ride of Steel, Bizzaro, or Superman: the Ride?

My personal favorite theme wise would be Bizarro, even though I never rode the original coaster. I think they should have kept the audio putting it somewhere on else on the cars, because it turns out that was a source of excitement!
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2016

SRoS was the best because of the trains. I honestly hated Bizarro and felt that the colors suck, the red is much better and stands out more.
    • CommentAuthorCraZHadder
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2016

Well I am have no clue about the Six Flags park in New England, but it looks very accurate from the real picture to the in-game pic. The ride overall is looking great.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2016 edited

Here's a quick update on what I did today...

Top view, maybe you can see the new things! The sign posts are noticeable at the top, but the signs will take a while to make.

I've started the station platform, and those supports on it are just placeholders/markers

These access stairs took forever to figure out, and it turned out it was really easy x(

I've also started to add detail! (though I'll have to re-place every model when I put it in the giant map)

Accurate placement. Hell yeah.

Artsy shot??? :P

And I'm just going to start a new tradition: every time I post an update I'll ask a discussion question about the park, so if you don't know much about the park, read up and join in!

So today's question is: Was Fireball (and the secret Rock n' Rodeo) a good addition to the flat lineup?
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2016

Considering SFNE does not have many flats, any new flats are good really. It sucks too because the park used to have an outstanding collection of flats back in the day.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2016

Yeah, I would easily say that Fireball is a great addition to the park. I could care less for the Rock n Rodeo though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2016 edited

I've started to add in signs!

Batman!

Killer Croc!

Penguin!

And the frames for these (funny) posters:

I'm thinking of contacting someone from SFNE asking if they have those pictures available for use because I'm not making money off of it and they would take forever to recreate... as if the ones I've done already weren't hard enough (like Batman or Robin, I can't find the correct pictures anywhere)!

And the daily question: What do you think the park should get for the 2017 season?
    Personally I'd hope for a Justice League ride, mainly because it just makes sense using the normal "prep this area" plan "for something big", and they look awesome :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2016

They should put Goliath's old train back first. A coaster has a chance of happening next year. In 2012, SFNE released a 5 year plan that included 2 coasters, one being Wicked Cyclone, and if they do not count Fireball as a new coaster then a coaster for next year is guaranteed, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up too high.
    Looks fantastic!
    ^^Lol all SF parks count those loops as coasters.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2016

Posted By: CoasterMac305^^Lol all SF parks count those loops as coasters.

Well then rip. I really hope SFNE gets one of those 3 flat packages like SFoT, especially if we get a Zamperla Giant Discovery. I would be ecstatic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2016 edited

As Paradox said:
    Don't forget the huge empty pad of concrete next to the queue where the Batmobile was for 1 season.

I may or may not have put the Batmobile in...

Pictures tomorrow everyone :D

Question: Because of the new VR being integrated on Superman in just over a week, how long would guesstimate the lines to be, how long will this go on for, and will it be worth it for assigned seating?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2016

The lines will probably be around an hour to hour-30 min depending on how much attention it gathers. I've heard the operations can become sluggish (sometimes) with VR so it may be longer or shorter.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

I'm not looking forward to the VR especially if they integrate non-selective seating on Superman. I absolutely love the front row and ride it there every time so I'll try to finagle my way into it. I will probably do the VR once and then just skip it because it'll probably be sickening and the views from the lift hill are too good to pass up with a VR headset. I can't wait to see how many people get sick from the VR especially since one laggy clip can desync the whole ride.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

^The front and back cars are non selective seating while the other seats are.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2016

I have started to make some smaller rides, details, and very important pieces of scenery...

#1: Some random footers... which is from this:

I also have to make car textures for these x( It will be worth the effort though!

And we now have this beauty! So perfect :3

#2: I've also started Catwoman's Whip (note: it is not realistic now :P)...

...and The Great Chase.

AND NOW, THE REAL STAR OF THE SHOW! *drumroll*

#3: This piece of trash xD

As much as it is silly, it actually plays a major part in this project, as they are scattered everywhere in the park! I was going to add even more detail, but it would be even higher poly (adding on to the unavoidable lag)

So that was the work I've done from yesterday and today, so I hope you enjoyed that update!

And now our question: Should more Star Flyers be added around the world, how long do you think it will take for the record (401 ft) to be broken, and what do you think of the ride itself, even if you've gone on other versions at parks?
    • CommentAuthordct2012

Everything is looking nice and accurate so far, at least from what I've seen in pics and videos... do you plan on recreating the ENTIRE park yourself and releasing it as a whole or, are you going to release it areas?
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

^ I actually plan on doing the entire park, but I will release update maps when I finish benchmark sections! I am not doing absolutely everything (soon enough I'll invite people to contribute certain rides), but I will be putting it all together into one group. Since it's my home park, I'll be taking tons of pictures (of buildings and rides, track, footers, etc.) so that I can be as accurate as possible, along with sending pictures to people who could make things, as mentioned before!

Just don't expect this to be complete in the next few months, maybe think a year or more (plus ride updates and fixes) :p
    • CommentAuthordct2012

^ Sounds awesome! I'm working on the Six Flags Great Adventure Recreation Collab... I did Nitro, Bizarro, Green Lantern and I'm going to begin work on Superman shortly which shouldn't take me TOO long so once you get ready to start inviting people for contributions, I'd be happy to help out where I can!
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2016 edited

What I spent most of today doing...

:O The sign!

^ It *closely* resembles this thing! ^ They didn't have everything 100% done one media day, that's why there aren't stripes on the posts.

As you can see, it's not complete :P

Quadruple posters these days...

This is what it looks like in Sketchup

I also have this to look forward to (the old entrance to the Batman Stunt Show)!

I think I'll skip the question this time, so...
    Give me any tips for my sign or upcoming scenery below :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2016 edited

Today I made a few small edits to GCG, and I started the Mind Eraser entrance sign. I didn't bother taking any screenshots, because there wasn't much to see (I had an essay to do today).

I checked out Google Maps today and found that I can use street view inside the park (I wasn't sure if that would work, though I knew it did for some of the other ones), so I don't have to take pictures of every building in the park, since most haven't changed since 2012! :p

Also, does anyone know of a standard Vekoma SLC model I could use? I've searched around and I found one: clicky ... but it seems a little off from the real ones, though I haven't downloaded it yet. If you don't know of a good SLC recreation, would anyone be willing to make one?

Edit: taken care of
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2016 edited

Sorry about double posting, but since I didn't have much homework I was able to start taking care of another ride:

The Vekoma Hang'n'Bang, Mind Eraser >:D

This is what it looks like IRL...

And this is what it looks like in NoLimits! As you might have guessed, I didn't make this track, but luckily I was able to find a recreation of Raptor at Fantasilandia by FranciscoRcMr!

Like I said, I started the sign model

And I have to fix this to make it accurate.

I will be giving full credit to Francisco for the coaster (which I've made small adjustments to for accuracy in this version), so make sure to rate it on CoasterCrazy with the link above!

Question: what will be the future of Mind Eraser?
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2016

Posted By: ZergeiRaptor at Phantasialand

No.

Also the drop is way too steep.
    First of all there isn't a coaster named Raptor at Phantasialand. Also, do you plan on actually making your own tracks? I wouldn't call it YOUR recreation unless you do everything in the park.
    Increase tie spacing where needed
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2016 edited

Posted By: Roller_Coaster_WorldFirst of all there isn't a coaster named Raptor at Phantasialand. Also, do you plan on actually making your own tracks? I wouldn't call it YOUR recreation unless you do everything in the park.

The Great Adventure recreation isn't completely the maker's, and I never planned on making absolutely everything from scratch. I'll be giving credit to anything I don't make myself, and I'm not going to include this until I get permission from Francisco, but otherwise I will be making most of the scenery and a good amount of the rides and coasters, including Batman, Catwoman, Great Chase, Wicked Cyclone, and other rides that follow multidirectional paths (some water rides and other things)!

I mistook the park name for Phantasialand, it's actually Fantasilandia honest mistake :p

And the ride isn't as steep as it looks, it's just the weird angle, I'll post a better angle tomorrow!
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2016

The shaping looks extremely off. It's best if you build the ride based on the google maps view or blueprints if you can acquire them. It will end up being more accurate than what you have there. Also, I'm pretty sure the SLC that comes standard with NL2 is more accurate than the ride you already took. Do you even know if the creator of that track allowed you to use it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2016

I just got back from quite an epic trip to the park, I'll post an all text report tomorrow!